• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Help needed finding a photo

cheeky381

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Hi all,

After weeks of trawling t'internet for a photo I'm starting to think I imagined it!
I've seen it a few times but years ago and I remember it freaked me out a bit back then.
It was of a person (a woman?) possibly with a small child next to her. She appeared to have a hand/arm around her waist but as she was sitting against a wall it looked impossible and a "spirit" was the only plausible explanation.

Has this been revealed as a double exposure/fake/trick of the light?

Does anyone know where the picture can be found so I can see if it still makes my stomach flip? 8)

I can't find the pic online any more, but I'm willing to bet it's the one discussed at the beginning of this thread - Ghost photos.

If it's the one I'm thinking of its possibly a railway station and two men are sitting on a bench talking and there is an arm appearing from behind the back of the man closest to the camera, very obviously the arm of a child but thee is very little room, the supposed explanation is that there is more room than is apparent int eh photograph but it is still a cool picture!

Cheers

Gordon

Yep, I think that's the one, ta!

And yes, still does give me the willies, even if it does have an air of "photoshop" about it!
:p

I still have the old tea-card somewhere - it's the only time I've seen this pic!

One of the links on the old thread still works, although someone has added "pointers" to it...

Examining the photo a bit further, I've noticed a couple more things. I've added some pointers to the photo, at http://www.weirdnes.force9.co.uk/fortean/hands-big.jpg . label 1 shows something behind the bench, where someones knees would be if they were kneeling behind the man. The bricks here are also blurred, but it is difficult to say. If nothing else it shows that there is more room behind the bench than at first appears.

Label 2 (crudely) shows how someone could hide behind at least the man in blue and possibly the man on the right aswell.

Anyway, that was just me being bored and curious.

http://www.weirdnes.force9.co.uk/fortean/hands-big.jpg

It's funny - when I first saw that photo, years ago, it was really scary. Now, however, it's easy to imagine a mischevious child ducking out of sight of the camera at the last minute.

I too have been looking for this photo for some time and, like others, I remember being really freaked out by it at the time. And I can now also see (like the previous poster) how a little kid could simply be obscured by the bloke!

How strange - I was about to start a "phantom hands photos" thread when I saw this. Like previous comments these sorts of pictures freaked me out (and still do a bit) far more than any shadowy entity/blurry face/orb-like photos, though I'm not sure I can put my "finger" on the reason why (pun intended!).

I have seen this photo on a tea card too and i might just have it somewhere. They were in boxes of PGTips (I think) in the eighties, a whole series of spooky mystery type subjects. I kept this collection for some time because it fascinated me as a child (and still does now). I'll have a rummage for it! It may well have disappeared into the ether though!
:)

Back