• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Hemi-Sync Gateway Program (OBE / Remote Viewing / Binaural)

flannel

Devoted Cultist
The 18 tape course of the Monroe Institute Gateway Program are being uploaded here on Youtube. (One of the comments links to a site where all the tapes and guide books can be downloaded). Stereo headphones are required.

Quote: "Basically it’s a guide book for super powers. Brought to you by the US army."

I've always wanted to try this out. Kinda like dowsing. I'm open-minded enough to see if it works.

The 18 tape course of the Monroe Institute Gateway Program are being uploaded here on Youtube.
How interesting!! Thank you for pointing that out, Flannel. I tried the first video. I regret to say I was so relaxed I fell asleep(!) I have had a long day, in my defence. But there were definitely weird sensations happening in my brain once the 'hemisync' bit started. I will give it another go and try to stay focused :)

Quote: "Basically it’s a guide book for super powers. Brought to you by the US army."
Where is the US Army supposed to be in this?
Sounds like a hokey quote to me.

Where is the US Army supposed to be in this? ...

It relates to US Army (etc.) interest in the potential applications of parapsychological phenomena (remote viewing, etc.) for intelligence gathering back in the late 1970s / early 1980s.

Monroe was contracted to present his capabilities and / or train selected subjects in his methods in 1977 / 1978 and again in 1983 / 1984. The declassified report concerning the investigations leading to the earlier training can be accessed at:

https://www.remoteviewed.com/files/stargate/14.8.05/1978 Gondola Wish Assesment report.pdf

Monroe's methods were already developed and being offered by the time these events occurred. His products / methods were not the results of his or his institute's work with the US Army and / or intelligence services. As such, Monroe's work was in no way "brought" to anyone by the US Army, though the military's interest in his work may have helped stimulate subsequent interest by others.

I've always wanted to try this out. Kinda like dowsing. I'm open-minded enough to see if it works.
Did you ever give this a spin?
Monroe was someone who interested me years ago when my Fortean interests were Astral travel, OOB’s etc. The sort of Fortean subjects that have fallen out of favour and swamped by UFO’s, Cryptids, Mothman and other subjects I have no interest in.

The website states that they are wrapping up the "canon" of Mr. Monroe's work.
https://hemi-sync.com/news/

I tried an early version of this about 30 years ago. It was very weird and gave me the kinesthetic feeling that I was out of my body about 2 feet to the left of where I actually was. It was vaguely unpleasant and lasted for some hours after I took off the headphones connected to the cassette tape recorder.

Ooops - the Gateway Program for astral projection is still around at a different website:
https://www.monroeinstitute.org/products/gateway-voyage

For 8 years, I lived about 100 miles from the Monroe Institute, but I never parted the $3500 needed at the time for the training. My retirement fund thanks me now. Also the prices have really dropped to $2300! Yippee!

The website states that they are wrapping up the "canon" of Mr. Monroe's work.
https://hemi-sync.com/news/

I tried an early version of this about 30 years ago. It was very weird and gave me the kinesthetic feeling that I was out of my body about 2 feet to the left of where I actually was. It was vaguely unpleasant and lasted for some hours after I took off the headphones connected to the cassette tape recorder.

Ooops - the Gateway Program for astral projection is still around at a different website:
https://www.monroeinstitute.org/products/gateway-voyage

For 8 years, I lived about 100 miles from the Monroe Institute, but I never parted the $3500 needed at the time for the training. My retirement fund thanks me now. Also the prices have really dropped to $2300! Yippee!
I have tried part 1 twice now and drifted off to sleep within a few short minutes on both occasions. I will give it another try when I get a quiet moment today.

I have tried part 1 twice now and drifted off to sleep within a few short minutes on both occasions. I will give it another try when I get a quiet moment today.
So glad to read of someone else who has tried it. I have had a few experiences, both awake and asleep, which have convinced me non-local consciousness exists. But I have no idea how to train myself to control it.

If you do try it again, I hope you share your results with us.

After posting message #9 above at silly o’clock in the morning, I returned to bed, and put on part 2. I dropped off and woke up to the start of part 5. I had listened to parts 2,3 and 4 continuously whilst asleep.
However when I awoke, to a call of nature, I felt very groggy. The nearest comparison I can make is taking muscle relaxants for a neck and shoulder injury 20 years or more ago. I found I couldn’t function in the morning and gave them up before I went onto full dose from the half dose my GP started me on.
The other thing is my sense of smell seemed extremely acute for about 10 minutes after waking. I could make out the air freshener from the loo at the opposite end of the hall from our bedroom; something I have never experienced before.
As I understand it the Monroe programme works partly on binaural beats, something I have tried in the past to manage both a health condition and insomnia with very little success and I became very sceptical of the whole idea. If binaural beats are employed here they are very discrete and I cannot discern the different beats heard in each ear.
I will persevere with the programme, I don’t have any notes or guidebooks on how to approach each part, and see how it turns out. However, the likelihood of an OOB at the moment seems remote, but I did appear to experience much deeper sleep last night.

Last edited:
I had another go at this when I managed to snatch a lunchtime siesta. Puppy had been fed and was having a snooze, wife was at the hairdressers so I stretched out plugged in and tuned back in to Part 1.
Must have dropped off immediately because I awoke at the end of Part 2 and have no recollection of the contents of either part.
I have now played Part 1 three times and I reckon I have dropped off into a sound sleep within 5 minutes each time.

Again, I woke up groggy and a terrible lethargy had hit me. Could it be the binaural frequencies? I don’t have the faintest, but I will give it a miss for a few days then try again.

Scientific experiment shows stimulation of specific part of the brain causes the sensation of having an out-of-body experience:
"A few years ago, Dr. Josef Parvizi got a visit from a patient with epilepsy. The man told Parvizi about some very strange symptoms.
. . . 'My sense of self is changing, almost like I am a third observer to conversations that are happening in my mind that I'm not part of. Plus, I just feel like I'm floating in space.' "

https://www.npr.org/2023/07/06/1186...e-brain-that-triggers-out-of-body-experiences
The original article in Neuron:
https://www.cell.com/neuron/pdf/S0896-6273(23)00386-0.pdf#secsectitle0010

Back