Historic UFO Encounters: Newspaper Articles

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
^ Very cool.. Great find. Appreciate his sentiment, too.
Thought your good self and many others would appreciate this... it's an extraordinary and... sinking in... a seriously profound interview.

It came up as a YouTube suggestion, presumably as it was related to similar and previous searches.

Need some time to take it all in... I have that sense... this interview might become insightful.

That aside, hoping to shortly resurrect my copious UFO archive material.

Like any ufologists, you and I will disagree at times... what you have reminded is that I am... no matter if it seems to be perpetually trying to unscramble an omlette. :)

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
First time I have ever seen Arnold interviewed...
:pthumbsup:

Likewise! Realisation this is stupendous and immense - seemingly uploaded to YouTube without any fanfare.

Can't take it all in at present... so.... here we have an incredibly wonderful snapshot of Arnold's conclusions.

Does he believe he witnessed a Soviet threat, or something from, 'outer space'...

Does he believe in any, 'cover up' and if so, why?

Coffee is a brewin' - first in-depth viewing awaits and this is going to be fascinating..
:bthumbup:

:btime::btime::btime::btime::btime:

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
News article (not Arnold himself therein) claims:

'He found on the wall of the Commander's office, this classified gunsight photo... from three years before'...

Which is in fact, a photo published on July 7, 1947, couple of weeks after Arnold's report of June 24th.

201968_133830803_compress60.jpg

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
What is this though...

Profoundly significant and news to myself...

Worked with the folks on PJ-47, we kinda had a termination when FT published my article, offering a solution to Arnold's sighting.

Happy with that, they were not...

It couldn't be the explanation... surely...

So, is this now their conclusion, following an intensive research project over a lengthy period?

http://www.project1947.com/fig/cosmojan51.htm

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
OK, hopefully this works after a couple of false starts caused by problems posting the images ...
To eliminate the obscuring image host site logo overlay and avoid long-term reliance on third party storage ... Images have been resized, tweaked for legibility, and re-inserted as attachments.

feinman

Abominable Snowman
Not sure if I posted this before. The UFO noise can be best heard at around minute 1:48

feinman

Abominable Snowman
Last edited:

RaM

Justified & Ancient
Don't know if this as been posted before it is a short clip of
a incident when e English Electric Lightning was lost
supposedly intercepting a UFO.

feinman

Abominable Snowman

I think a different version was posted earlier, but this is great. I am super busy working on Greek armour, so haven't had time to check in at forum. I will be back! I have a lot to read here..

hunck

Justified & Ancient

Looking at Wiki, the Lightning seems to have been remarkably accident prone. In 1970, the year of this incident, there were 7 losses & 4 pilots killed.

It is odd if the canopy was still on when they found it.

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member

feinman

Abominable Snowman
This is fun!:
http://www.nicap.org/640515whitesands_dir.htm
"
Jan Aldrich:
We did interview the communications chief at stallion site who was there in this time frame. He said that UFOs were routinely encountered on the White Sands Range so much so that they were ignored after several calls to interceptors to chase them away. He also said some tests were delayed or cancelled due to unknown objects or radar returns on the range....he didn't have any detail cases in mind just the general information that things that weren't suppose to be there were detected. Some felt it was Soviet spies, but no interceptions were succcessful."