Historic UFO Encounters: Newspaper Articles

Indrid Drood

Loitering with Ludic Intent
I, for one, happen to find it rather charming to hear that our Queer Heavenly Visitors are traversing the galaxies in what appear to be flying railway carriages or single-decker buses.

And I am extremely disappointed to have missed (regardless of how long ago it may have happened...) that violet glow at 6.55 pm, followed by a bright orange glow at 7.10 pm.

feinman

Justified & Ancient
I, for one, happen to find it rather charming to hear that our Queer Heavenly Visitors are traversing the galaxies in what appear to be flying railway carriages or single-decker buses.

And I am extremely disappointed to have missed (regardless of how long ago it may have happened...) that violet glow at 6.55 pm, followed by a bright orange glow at 7.10 pm.
Amazing stuff was happening down under -at the same time as the UFO waves were happening elsewhere. I would imagine there are some very old Australians who remember some of it, or heard stories from parents; I run into amazing people like that, here in the US.

Indrid Drood

Miss T. Kiesling, a trained nurse, who, with her mother and family, reside near Ford's house, are also willing to make affidavits to seeing the same thing.

Interesting, this talk of making sworn legal statements regarding things seen in the sky. I wonder if there exist any published examples of this sort of language used in relation to having seen fairies?

feinman

Justified & Ancient
Miss T. Kiesling, a trained nurse, who, with her mother and family, reside near Ford's house, are also willing to make affidavits to seeing the same thing.

Interesting, this talk of making sworn legal statements regarding things seen in the sky. I wonder if there exist any published examples of this sort of language used in relation to having seen fairies?
I did indeed spend some time looking for accounts of strange beings.. I found a few very old Bigfoot-type sightings, but nothing like fairies or humanoids other than the Mothman type of sightings in a few of those old articles.

Indrid Drood

1897. Cigar-shaped UFO "Airship".
Salt Lake herald. (Salt Lake City [Utah) 1870-1909, November 15, 1897, Page 7

View attachment 17380
[...] the tailor saw a bright light in the heavens, which looked to be just over the asylum.:lolling:

in its flight this strange aerial creature seemed to be under perfect control [...]

Gee, I like that almost as much as Queer Heavenly Visitor! I modify my previously announced deviation from the UFO and UAP appellations to embrace both Strange Aerial Creature and Queer Heavenly Visitor (SAC/QHV), as well as any possible mashups thereof.

feinman

Justified & Ancient

Saucerian

Better not touch the hull pal, it's still hot.
I did a search for the UFO reported at Sheffield Lake, Ohio in 1958, and came up with nothing, although I don't rule out the possibility that it could have been discussed on this forum, and I just didn't word my search right.

But, in case i has not been discussed here, and no one else remembers it, this sighting is worth remembering, because it stirred up much controversy at the time it happened.

Here's a link to a very long and detailed report on the sighting:

http://ufohistoryfiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/73C.pdf

Saucerian

Better not touch the hull pal, it's still hot.
Thanks for doing that, Mr. Staff member. I think this UFO sighting is such a vast subject, that it does need its own thread.