• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Hitler Mit Booby

My late dad (WW2 RAF aircrew veteran) remembered several Allied propaganda films which poked fun at Hitler and his chums. One that he particularly enjoyed at the time was of Adolf walking backwards past a row of children, apparently confiscating sweets from their mouths and placing them on a plate he held, achieved by the Industrial Light and Magic-level technique of - gasp! - running the film backwards!

Another depicted German troops marching. This was cut, copied & reversed and spliced to show them apparently marching in rhythm to The Lambeth Walk.

Whoopee!
A brief YouTube search reveals the movie he described:

They don't like it up 'em!

maximus otter

Are we sure the man in that picture, be it genuine or a composite, is actually Hitler? He looks more like Harry Dean Stanton to me.

HDSS_FTMB.png

It was started over 15 years ago so it's certainly got legs..

büstenhalter verboten

Nicely put. Given shutter speeds in low light in those days the Fotograf was fortunate to forsee the frisky Führer fondling those feisty Fräuleins' funbags and get his tripod out quickly (missus).

Last edited:
Yeah, I was kidding with the HDS thing, but in all seriousness the man in the photograph which is the original subject of the thread doesn't look like Hitler to me - he looks like someone dressed up as Hitler. And he honestly put me in mind of Harry Dean Stanton.

Yeah, I was kidding with the HDS thing, but in all seriousness the man in the photograph which is the original subject of the thread doesn't look like Hitler to me - he looks like someone dressed up as Hitler. And he honestly put me in mind of Harry Dean Stanton.

Or Russell Mael from Sparks... as he is now, more than in the 70’s, but still....

My late dad (WW2 RAF aircrew veteran) remembered several Allied propaganda films which poked fun at Hitler and his chums. One that he particularly enjoyed at the time was of Adolf walking backwards past a row of children, apparently confiscating sweets from their mouths and placing them on a plate he held, achieved by the Industrial Light and Magic-level technique of - gasp! - running the film backwards!

Another depicted German troops marching. This was cut, copied & reversed and spliced to show them apparently marching in rhythm to The Lambeth Walk.

Whoopee!
A brief YouTube search reveals the movie he described:

They don't like it up 'em!

maximus otter

There was a weekly TV programme in the late 60s/early 70s which showed the Lambeth Goose Step. The audience used to write in to request it.

I think it was first shown in one about the war, maybe All Our Yesterdays, and then mentioned in Points Of View or some such.

Anyway, I remember seeing it two or three times on TV. This was unusual at the time but the audience really loved it.

There were also satirical songs about the Nazis, including this one - Die Fuhrer's Face

It's from a wartime Donald Duck cartoon. At the time it was disapproved of by the BBC because of the 'disgusting' fart-like sound effects!

Or Russell Mael from Sparks... as he is now, more than in the 70’s, but still....

Oh yes, forgot about him! At the risk of repeating myself I'm still unsure that's Hitler in the first 'booby' photo: the shape of his face doesn't look right, around the jawline in particular.

I hereby award you the mrs joyful prize for rafia work and alliteration.

maximus otter

Ha ha! Cheers Maximus *ahem* I'd like to thank everyone who's ever met me, including God *sobs uncontrollably until everyone is really embarassed*.

I tend to get that wrong too...he doesn't look like a Ron, does he?

Where's the bleeding apostrophe then?? I despair.

*storms off to 'kids today' thread.

I know the photo the original post mentioned, it occasionally gets posted on 4chan,hav'nt saved it but if I see it again I'll save it and post it.

I'd assumed we were talking about this picture, as I'd seen it before. I found it by googling 'Hitler tit' - now that's a moment in my life I hadn't anticipated.

This is the one which I think looks less like Hitler and more like Harry Dean Stanton. Perhaps this isn't the image originally posted? Whoever it is, he's wearing his special glove.

Bdv4d6lIcAE7MFH.jpg

Nope that's not the one. The one I know looks like it's genuine, but these days who knows ?.

Back