• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

hmm 9-11 terrorist bombing

Congratulations Donna, You're the First Person to have Spotted the Morrissey Quote! You are now the proud owner of one of the below:

Absolved Soul
Clean Karma
No 'I'

or a free McDonalds 'McAfterlife'!

Seriously though, it's really weird what's going through my head at the moment. I mean, I've tried to keep an open, healthily skeptical mind towards conspiracy theorists and theories, and then something like this comes along, and boom, all my rationality is blown out the window (sorry, that was a bad metaphor).

I was even considering becoming a Muslim! I just admire the Qu'ran, and the teachings of Muhammed, for someone in the middle of a feudal fiefdom, a prince, amongst squalor, it's a remarkably modern work. No where else does religion safegaurd the financial rights of women.

Strangely enough the only other religion I've consider becoming involved with is Anton LeVay's Church of Satan! I thought the people I've met who've been members were true libertarians, and they shared a lot of your views. Maybe you should check them out. All that stuff about baby sacrifice is conservative kneejerk. Really, the reason they are such a tyhreat is because they teach that the self is the most important thing, and that self-understanding (and even worship) r the only way to understand others. Obviously something the establishment fear more than terrorists (if that's what they are) - independant thought!

Hail Eris, Hail Dischordia .'.A.'.

Dot23, may your third eye always be open!

A small confession - I am already a fully paid up member of Anton LaVey's Church of Satan! First Morrissey, and now this - do we know each other in some non-cyber life?

I'm not a spokesperson for the CoS or anything, but being your own god is really rather nice.

Handing over one's free will to a mythical Being isn't my idea of a well-rounded life. You already seem to know, but just so's others reading this know - Satanism has nothing to do with the Dennis Wheatley take on it all!

When people begin to have faith in themselves as human beings and are held responsible for their own actions (no more 'it's god's way' and no more 'the devil made me do it') will civilisation actually become civilised.

indeed! yes...

quite right!

also:

('terrorists and those that harbour terrorists' could be any country from Morrocco to Pakistan).

not to belittle the human tragedy in the usa (it makes my eyes wet to think of it, i have offered my sympathies elsewhere)... but this catch-all quote could also include the uk, us and other so called 'civilised' nations.

bye

martin

Info the press didnt want us to know....

I know of a finance firm in London who was recieveing info on the unfolding news via Ticker tape or whatever its called. Info is recieved before the press or anyone else dilutes or edits it. It said that 7 planes had been hijacked, including one from Amsterdam. Could this be why most of London was evacuated? I think this was a closer call than people would have us believe....:(

Donna Black said:
As an antichristian I was amazed to find myself reading the book of Revelations this time last week. It seems to say that the person who will destroy the world comes from 'the house of David' and his words are 'I will bring you the morning star' (ie: Lucifer).
Actually, 'Lucifer' is NOT synonymous with Satan - the 'morning star' was Venus and 'Lucifer' means 'Lightbringer'. Go to the "Fall of Lucifer" thread for a full discussion on this.

The 7 planes bit. I was talking with an american friend on tuesday and she said that they couldn't contact 3 other planes. They may of been hijacked we do not know but if they were then it probably didn't last long and all was sorted out.

lucydru

dot23 said:
Congratulations Donna, You're the First Person to have Spotted the Morrissey Quote! You are now the proud owner of one of the below:

Absolved Soul
Clean Karma
No 'I'

or a free McDonalds 'McAfterlife'!

Seriously though, it's really weird what's going through my head at the moment. I mean, I've tried to keep an open, healthily skeptical mind towards conspiracy theorists and theories, and then something like this comes along, and boom, all my rationality is blown out the window (sorry, that was a bad metaphor).

I was even considering becoming a Muslim! I just admire the Qu'ran, and the teachings of Muhammed, for someone in the middle of a feudal fiefdom, a prince, amongst squalor, it's a remarkably modern work. No where else does religion safegaurd the financial rights of women.

Strangely enough the only other religion I've consider becoming involved with is Anton LeVay's Church of Satan! I thought the people I've met who've been members were true libertarians, and they shared a lot of your views. Maybe you should check them out. All that stuff about baby sacrifice is conservative kneejerk. Really, the reason they are such a tyhreat is because they teach that the self is the most important thing, and that self-understanding (and even worship) r the only way to understand others. Obviously something the establishment fear more than terrorists (if that's what they are) - independant thought!

Hail Eris, Hail Dischordia .'.A.'.
Just one question, if you were concidering becoming a Muslim would you care to live under a regime such as that in Afghanistan and be swathed from head to foot with only your eyes showing?

OT, oops.

dot23:

Fnord!

As you should know, o' Pope, the faith of Discordianism is a disorganised religion... sorry Anti-Authority Non-Religion. :D

-><-Hail Eris-><-All Hail Discordia-><-

As for the late Anton LeVay, the Bill Gates of the Occult world...

Uh? Sorry gotta go!

Yes, I'm well aware that Lucifer isn't Satan.

Not sure why you brought that up (?)

As far as I've read the bible, there doesn't seem to be a Satan in it. The world-destroyer (so it says) is from the house of David.

I, too, heard that there were other 'planes missing. I watched the coverage for the first 24hrs only, though, because after then the spin doctors begin the propaganda and misinformation. We're not going to know the truth about any of this for decades.

If "as far as you've read the bible" there is no satan in it then you ain't read it very far!
Try: Job 1:6; Zecariah 3:2; Matthew 12:26, 16:23; Mark 4:15; Luke 10:18, 22:3; Romans 16:20; 1 Corinthians 5:5; 2 Corinthians 11:14, 12:7; 1 Timothy 1:20; Revelation 12:9, 20:2 and 20:7 - for starters...

I am intrigued about the world-destroyer being from the House of David! Where exactly did you read this in the Revelation (chapter + verse) ?:confused:

Hi Hospitaller,

Yes I am new to the bible. Started reading it last week, and can only handle it in small doses so I've got through Genesis and Revelation. The bit I'm referring to is in Revelation, part 5, where god has a book with 7 seals on it and there's some debate as to who will open the book. Then it says "...behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof." He also seems to be called the 'Lamb'.

Well, from then on it looks like all hell breaks loose (no pun intended). Admittedly, it's not 'house' but 'root' of David.

I had a quick look at the Satan bits - I didn't know they were there, but I hadn't got to those sections yet. I had a religious schooling and it was all fluffy clouds and miracles in my day.

I haven't a clue what any of it means to xtians.

About the seven planes... at first I heard that more than four planes had been hijacked as well. If my memory serves me correctly there was at least one more 'missing' until about 7pm GMT when suddenly it was announced all had been accounted for :confused:

Fundamental Moslem terrorists are really lucky:

First they get to play the ultimate arcade game (flying a real plane into a real skyscraper), and then they go to Paradise...!

rynner said:
Fundamental Moslem terrorists are really lucky:

First they get to play the ultimate arcade game (flying a real plane into a real skyscraper), and then they go to Paradise...!
You have got me thinking, what kind of mind control is used to convince an otherwise intelligent man that he can kill thousands of men, women, and possibly children and then be invited into paradise by god?:confused:

Hi Donna Black

Thanks 4 the reference. To get the intended effect 4get religion and read the book in the context of its time. Personally I couldn't make head nor tale of any of it without some background research. It's a very interesting collection of books (as are the one's that didn't make the grade - Book of Enoch etc.), and there's nothing worse than prejudicial bigots reading them to prove either (a) that their concept of God is right and everyone better convert or perish, or (b) there is no God and its all a load of crap. Both are wasting their time and everyone else's. :)

Re: Bin Laden image in smoke of WTC

Golly conclusive evidence! Looks more like a cyclops to me (only one eye that I can make out). Good simulimicrum though.

I can see two faces - the smaller one (cyclops?) is the top half of the larger.

Must be doubly conclusive - of something or other.

Bin Laden face

I had heard speculation that this was supposed to be the face of the Devil. It certainly looks a lot like him - and like bin Laden. However, just to put this in perspective, as a kid I once saw a cloud that looked exactly like an elephant.

Nonny

Let'sthis "BS" about cloud images.

Many of you like top gleefully say "Oh, I once saw my mother in law
in a cloud formation, so of course this cannot be real..."

Geroffit! Clouds change rapidly. Rocks do not. But the image in
in each is equally valid. God, or the devil, has put the image there
for you to see, even if for 1 second...and it has meaning.

Want to make a cloud image freeze? Just a take a photo of it.

And calling it a "similarcrum" or whatever, does not inva

lidate it.

Jon-Erik Beckjord

What, every single time anyone spots something that looks like something else in a rockface or a cloud formation, it's a message? I think not. God has better things to do than plant elephants in the stratosphere.

Why would God need to plant this image in the smoke to tell us these acts were the work of evil, or even of bin Laden specifically? We've had no trouble figuring these things out for ourselves.

By the way, among other people these images resemble:

Mr. Spock in the Star Trek episode "Mirror, Mirror"
Early representations of St. Nicholas.
Leonardo da Vinci
A Viking, with helmet.

Nonny

Actually I thought it looked more like that other well-known terrorist Guy Fawks.

But then seeing things in clouds and smoke is the very dictionary deffinition of subjective.

Cujo

A reply to your posting

:) Hello new on this chat ..tonight, but agree with your sentiments, maybe JUST maybe Bush will surprise us all and get all this madness out of the darkness and under some sort of control, all the countrys that have supported his view, may just pull it off this time and rid us all of people who wish harm on others...We can only hope and pray it is all done and dusted...
ASAP....Kind regards Pat ....

Hello, Greetings from Wales, I am new tonight to these borads but agree with all your sentiments......Luv To all In Canada...Pat
You sure talk a whole lotta sense....:)

Well, if things go the way MANY Americans desire, We'll be seeing a few smoke pictures of George Dubya very soon... Anyone tried emailing that link to the afghanistan government? Could tip 'em towards extradition...

Hello Beckjord:)
Yes you are probabley right, Give my love to all USA and condolances, not Just SF, Cal...but all over..
GOD BLESS AMERICA- THE HOME OF THE BRAVE AND THE LAND OF THE FREE......Cheers Pat x

I don't know if this is the official 'WTC Disaster' thread, but I can't seem to find any more. Anyway, a few things that have interested me regarding this this weekend. First off I was listening to London Live (a radio chat show) and a muslim caller called the whole affair a conspiracy! He said that this was a perfect excuse for WWIII and that Bush and others had engineered the 'disaster' for this effect.

I want to bring something else up - the evidence. I've not had a chance to re-read the weeks papers, but I've subliminally picked up on quite a few things.

a) material left in car in Boston Airport, and 'eye-witness' who saw them arguing.
The impression one gets of the hijackers is of cold, calculating inhuman types. Yet they bicker in a car park. Also, they leave (believe this) a Qur'an, a flight training manual, and suicide notes in the car. Duh! Leaving evidence like this will be bound to implicate other member of other cells, and seems totally out of character. Why would you leave suicide notes when their friends and family lived in the middle east (in which case why not mail a note)? Why not leave a 'statement of intent' condemning the US etc? What if the car had been discovered before the attack on the WTC? It either speaks of extreme slopiness (which is not apparent in anything else they did) or the FBI involved in a stitch up (again!). Also, who was the eyewitness and why has s/he not been interviewed by the press, or a name released?

b) People in a Boston bar reported arab looking gentlemen saying 'wait until tomorrow,' threateningly after they got into an argument about US involvement in the middle-east (i think). Muslims (and especially those from shari'ah countries such as Saudi) DO NOT DRINK. Why would they be in a bar inciting people, when they were going to pull off the biggest terrorist event in history. Surely they would have been at home praying the night before?

c) the other missing planes. Where did they go, was anyone hurt, who was arrested - if anyone.

d) again, why did no one mention the origin of the hijackers when they called from their mobiles on board the fated planes? it would have taken one word in a recording to confirm our suspicions (Arab). Yet none appear.

e) Bush and co say they will show the 'evidence' to the world before they take any action. What evidence? That Bin Laden was interested in planes is like saying Branson's interested in Balloons! He's a multimillionare, why shouldn't he be interested in planes? One man on trial for the 1993 bombing of the WTC said that Bin Laden wanted the planes, and a few pilots, to ferry weapons from various places around Afghanistan and Pakistan. Case Closed?

Finally, f) The terrorists learned to fly in Florida, at flying schools with connections to Saudi Arabia. Suspicious, non?

to conclude: As always with the US, things are not neccessarily what they seem. None of the evidence exposed in the media seems to have anything to do with Saddam, Osama, or the Taleban. On these grounds, what basis does the US have to threaten Afghanistan and Iraq? Does the letting of innocent blood abroad appease the soul of the amrican nation? When both Iraq and Afghanistan are under UN sanctions, are in the middle of civil unrest and drought, is it morally right that their innocents must suffer like their counterparts in the US? What, if anything, is their left to bomb in these countries? After 20 years of fighting in these regions, is it not time that the civillians living there are given aid, the right to life, and self-rule, away from the fiddling fingers of the CIA?

Oh, a PS. If OBL is so evil, and the centre of a terrorist network, why doesn't the World Bank, or a similar body, put a holding order on any bank that traffics money for him and his organisation, and threaten countries that 'harbour' these banks with UN sanctions/trading embargos? It is well known he has assets in the region 0f 200 million dollars, so if that is known, surely where he keeps that money is also known. Money is the life blood of terrorism, and without it, it would shrivel and die.

Back