• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
The BBC headline for that story reads exactly like one of Chris Morris' made-up newspaper headlines on The Day Today:

And just for further hilarious* comedy value:

(Although that one might go 'over the heads' of our non-UK members.)
I sent the pic and link to my old flatmate via facebook and he replied with " We did it first dude! =) ) .... a few years back, three of us painted giant cocks and balls on some Chinese lanterns(Aircock1,Aircock2 and Aircock3) for Cromer's firework night display over the sea and launched them from a covert location for the crowd of thousands to appreciate. We were later told that some people thought they were supposed to be part of the display :bob:....

A suspicious package that turned out to contain horse manure sparked a bomb scare near the Los Angeles home of US Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, reports say.

The gift-wrapped manure was found at 19:40 (03:40 GMT) at the home next to Mr Mnuchin's in Bel-Air, police said.

Police cleared the package an hour later and the Secret Service is investigating, CBS said.

Neighbours told local media of their irritation at the incident.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42473607?ocid=socialflow_twitter#

Just horseplay.

A suspicious package that turned out to contain horse manure sparked a bomb scare near the Los Angeles home of US Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, reports say.

The gift-wrapped manure was found at 19:40 (03:40 GMT) at the home next to Mr Mnuchin's in Bel-Air, police said.

Police cleared the package an hour later and the Secret Service is investigating, CBS said.

Neighbours told local media of their irritation at the incident.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42473607?ocid=socialflow_twitter#

Just horseplay.

Hope they did a not-very-controlled detonation on the package.

Was there a card?

"Dear Steve, your Secret Santa has enrolled you in the Manure of the Month Club! You can look forward to a year of shit!"

Sweets for the sweet . . .

Victoria Coren Mitchell was on t'wireless this morning talking about her father's funeral. She'd heard about a group of funeral-crashers who went to strangers' funerals as a prank. Long story short, she flushed them out by inventing an eminent deceased bloke and inviting suspects to his funeral, and confronting them when they turned up to her father's.
TOP retaliatory pranking there.

Victoria Coren Mitchell was on t'wireless this morning talking about her father's funeral. She'd heard about a group of funeral-crashers who went to strangers' funerals as a prank. Long story short, she flushed them out by inventing an eminent deceased bloke and inviting suspects to his funeral, and confronting them when they turned up to her father's.
TOP retaliatory pranking there.
She's smart and formidable is Victoria Coren Mitchell.

I'm not sure who got the last laugh on this one ...

Canadian man gets parking ticket for 'car' made of snow
A Canadian man made a fake car out of snow and got a real parking ticket.

Montreal native Simon Laprise crafted a Back to the Future-style Delorean on the side of his street as part of a prank and he got the results he expected. ...

"It was a beautiful day," Laprise told Vice. "So I decided to do something out of the mountain of snow, to do a little joke to the snow guys, and have fun sculpting a car. It's not my first one, just the first I do in the street on snow removal day."

Laprise sculpted the Delorean to look like a life-size version of Marty McFly's ride had been parked throughout a snow storm for days. He even added indentions for the wheels and windows -- and then threw a spare windshield wiper he found lying around for a special touch.

The snow car looked real enough that when police came around to look for cars parked on that side of the road during a snow plowing hours, they wrote a ticket and left it on a windshield made of snow. ...

SOURCE: https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2018/0.../?utm_source=sec&utm_campaign=sl&utm_medium=1

And here's a photo ...

Canadian-man-gets-parking-ticket-for-car-made-of-snow.jpg

I'm not sure who got the last laugh on this one ...
I say the Chief of Police, because he can throw the book at his cops for dereliction of duty...that car is missing it's license-plates, the indicator lights are worse than defective, and there's no tread left on these tyres.

They should've had it towed back to the pound, then arrested that big fat white fellow who owns it (a Mr S. Nowman, from Carrotfornose, down in Coalteeth County)

Scare Cam - best of ..
In the gun culture that is the USA, I wonder how many people are just shot dead as a result of taking practical jokes much too far.

Without wishing to be a killjoy, the specific 'slipped face' segment, inflicted upon what looked like a couple of toddlers, is either very-stupid or plain indictable.

In the gun culture that is the USA, I wonder how many people are just shot dead as a result of taking practical jokes much too far.

Without wishing to be a killjoy, the specific 'slipped face' segment, inflicted upon what looked like a couple of toddlers, is either very-stupid or plain indictable.
You should have grown up in our house, my Dad was always prank traumatising me :roll::points: ..

.. my parents kept sheep for a few years, I walked into my Dad's bedroom one Summer day and there he was, sat in his jeans without a shirt on preparing a syringe with bottles next to it ... he took one look at me and said gravely "It's just something I use to help me relax." .. my jaw dropped, he grinned then said "Just joking, I've got to inject the sheep to stop their bum rot." .. that sort of thing was typical of my Dad ...

I managed to convince someone today that all ATM/cashpoint machines used the same sound created by the same machine that was first used by Soft Cell in their 'Tainted Love' song .. especially satisfying because he's always telling me convincing crap and then laughing when I say "really?" ...

Huntley and Palmers: Biscuit tin sex secrets revealed

An illustrator has been explaining how he snuck "naughty" images on to biscuit tins of a leading manufacturer, which were distributed world-wide.

Mick Hill, from Whistable, Kent illustrated the tins for Berkshire-based Huntley and Palmers in the 1970s.

The artist who has been "keeping a low profile" since his prank was discovered, has been showing the BBC some of his handiwork

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-engla...-and-palmers-biscuit-tin-sex-secrets-revealed

He's a lovable rogue! And a talented illustrator too.

People will believe anything.

Drinking from plastic bottles and using microwave ovens are some of the fake causes of cancer people believe, research suggests.

In a survey of 1,330 people in England, published in the European Journal of Cancer, most people correctly said smoking was a cause.

But increasing numbers are getting the risk factors wrong.

Smoking, being overweight and overexposure to UV radiation are the biggest preventable causes of cancer.

Cancer Research UK said about four in 10 cases of cancer could be prevented through lifestyle changes and it was important to have the right information to "separate the wheat from the chaff".

Researchers at University College London and the University of Leeds carried out the survey and found that more than 40% wrongly thought that stress and food additives caused cancer.

One-third incorrectly believed that electromagnetic frequencies (35%) and eating genetically modified (GM) food (34%) were risk factors, while 19% thought microwave ovens and 15% said drinking from plastic bottles caused cancer, despite a lack of good scientific evidence.

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-43895514

One-third incorrectly believed that electromagnetic frequencies (35%) and eating genetically modified (GM) food (34%) were risk factors, while 19% thought microwave ovens and 15% said drinking from plastic bottles caused cancer, despite a lack of good scientific evidence.

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-43895514

Erm... gamma and UV are both forms of electomagnetic radiation and both can cause cancer. Maybe they mean EM fields generated by power lines or something.

Back