• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Comedian and people's champion Joe Lycett is fed up of Hugo Boss taking small companies to court for using the word 'boss' in their company names ... so Joe has legally changed his name to Hugo Boss just to piss them off, even Wikipedia has recorded this change. The artist formerly known as Joe Lycett will now be trading as Hugo Boss. Legend. :rollingw:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51703859

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Lycett

Hopefully one of the real Hugo Boss staff won't now change their name to or start trading as Joe Lycett and get his website taken down now that he's instead Hugo Boss now ..

http://www.joelycett.com/
Genius!

I'm going to file this one under "hoax" (until proven otherwise...). A nice, happy, New Year message from AllaTra, some social movement organisation. Until the lady on the right blinks o_O (Very likely nicely done CGI. One way to go viral but why they'd go by the "Reptilian shapeshifter" route, no idea)
Times showing "the blink" :
0:37
2:06
2:36

Zoomed in :

More Joe Lcyett/Hugo Boss .. aka LEGEND

Last edited:
Somebody pulled a prank on Mississippi's governor - a prank amplified by being broadcast on Facebook Live.
Mississippi gov is pranked in shout-out to high school grads

Mississippi Gov. Tate Reeves asked people to submit names of high school seniors so he could read them aloud on a webcast — a recognition for teenagers who are missing traditional graduation ceremonies because of the coronavirus pandemic.

On a Facebook live session Saturday, Reeves started reading the names of graduates from Florence High School, his alma mater, when he came to one his staff now assumes someone submitted as a prank — “Harry Azcrac.” The 45-year-old Republican governor read it, paused briefly and kept going.

A video clip became the butt of jokes on Twitter, and the governor handled it with good humor.

“Harry’s submitter has a bright future as a Simpson’s writer!” Reeves tweeted, also noting that he would be back online reading more graduates’ names: “Maybe even Ben — the pride of the Dover family.” ...

SOURCE: https://apnews.com/9bea8629b94a6661497de7e3c063309a

A husband launches a hoax about his wife's disappearance (and presumed death) to help her evade going to prison. Now he and their son are possibly going to be charged with crimes as well.
Police: Man faked wife’s disappearance so she’d avoid prison

A West Virginia woman and her husband faked her disappearance by pretending she plummeted from an overlook as part of a scheme to keep her out of having to go to prison, authorities said.

Julie Wheeler and Rodney Wheeler were arrested Tuesday on multiple charges including conspiracy and giving false information to West Virginia State Police.

State police said Julie Wheeler was reported missing Sunday by her husband and 17-year-old son.

The family claimed Julie Wheeler had fallen from the main overlook at the New River Gorge National River, National Park Service Ranger Leah Perkowski-Sisk said. ...

Authorities searched for Julie Wheeler for days but found her Tuesday “alive and well” hiding in a closet in her home.

A criminal complaint said Rodney Wheeler and his son planted items at the Grandview Overlook to fake Julie Wheeler’s disappearance. It’s unclear whether the son will face criminal charges.

Julie Wheeler pleaded guilty to federal health care fraud in February after an investigation into “pill mill” clinic operations. She’ll be sentenced for that charge on June 17. ...

SOURCE: https://apnews.com/f1ed5ffce698798c9b40666ec3a42317

Years ago an auditing firm was auditing a company. During the process, the auditors were taken to the bank branch where the company's primary acct was. They went in, met the manager, pull all records, everything was great. The audit finished smoothly. Guess what happened later?

One of the auditors walked by the location of bank branch the day after the auditing. He was shocked to see the bank was gone. The company staged the entire fake bank branch with fake staff, customers, of course fake records.

China ....

Not the weirdest crime on the world, but still a strange thing to do...

Man jailed over Hailsham bomb hoax

A man has been jailed over a bomb hoax that saw hundreds of residents evacuated in Hailsham.

Shortly after 3pm on January 28, 2019, police received a call from Joseph Firminger reporting a suspicious package found on a wall in The Diplocks.

The item was a round metal tin covered in black tape and with wires coming out of it.

Police officers attended the scene and sent photographs of the package to Explosive Ordnance Disposal teams (EOD).

At the request of the EOD, an initial 100m cordon was put in place - later extended to 400m - to ensure the safety of members of the public and residents in the area.

As a result, around 200 people were evacuated to a refuge at an emergency centre.

The device was examined by EOD and while it did have the appearance of an explosive device, it was found to not be viable and contained no actual explosives.

Firminger was arrested on suspicion of making the device and the subsequent hoax call to police to report it.

A search of his house found items including wiring and tools which forensically matched those on the device. His DNA was also found on the items, and an examination of his mobile phone showed internet searches relating to explosive devices and how to report suspicious items.

Firminger, 26, unemployed, of The Diplocks, Hailsham, pleaded guilty to placing a hoax bomb with intent and communicating false information about a hoax bomb.

He was sentenced to 27 months' imprisonment when he appeared at Lewes Crown Court on Monday (August 3).

etc..

https://www.sussex.police.uk/news/sussex/news/court-results/man-jailed-over-hailsham-bomb-hoax/

as a gag gift, I once gave a friend an object wrapped in newspaper with wires taped to it. But I didn't mail it to him. I handed it to him where he'd open it while I was standing next to him.

as a gag gift, I once gave a friend an object wrapped in newspaper with wires taped to it. But I didn't mail it to him. I handed it to him where he'd open it while I was standing next to him.

Gag gifts, I am the QUEEN of those.

Years ago a relation was leaving for a long travelling trip to India. I pulled his leg mercilessly about getting diarrhoea there.

The night before he left we saw him off with gifts. Mine was a large wooden mallet and the biggest rubber bung you've ever seen.

'Hmm, that'll come in useful!' was his rather sporting response.

Years back, my daughter was going out with someone who was admittedly his mother's 'perfect child'.

She was the archetypal belligerent 'posh' lady, who thought no-one was good enough for her son.

He lived some distance from ourselves and would come to visit at weekends.

One Sunday afternoon, I was invited to join them in the outdoor beer garden of a large, local hotel, which especially catered for weddings.

In the gardens, there was a natural tree arch, adorned with beautiful flowers and used as a backdrop for wedding photographs.

Mobile phones with a digital camera were by that time fairly standard, as was the ability to send a 'picture message' - a text with attached image.

A mischievous possibility came to mind and my suggestion was greeted with instant approval.

So, we found a bunch of flowers for my daughter to hold, as in a wedding pose and I took a photograph of our newly weds under the arch.

It was duly sent to his mother as the attachment to a text, which read, "Mum, I have something to tell you".

In hindsight, I suppose we all had assumed she would quickly realise it was a prank and would simply be far from amused!

She didn't though.

She believed it to be genuine.

Within mere seconds she phoned.

Daughter and myself could hear her perfectly clear.

Indeed, you could quite literally have heard her a mile away.

Not that she was annoyed about missing out on her beloved son's wedding, or even angry about the lack of an invitation.

No, instead she went absolutely ballistic.

She was *screaming* down the phone, 'HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME!!! YOUR OWN MOTHER!!!! I WILL NEVER, EVER, EVER FORGIVE YOU FOR THIS!!!'.

Daughter and our willing co-conspirator went their separate ways not long afterwards, which is probably just as well.

Should I ever have had the opportunity to meet said lady, I would have been sorely tested... :p

I'm not sure this Florida man was seeking anything other than a jail environment more comfortable than his apparently homeless situation.
Man calls 911, threatens to blow up ‘dope house’ in Melbourne, police say

A 56-year-old man is behind bars Wednesday after police say he threatened to blow up a “drug house” in Melbourne.

Officers with the Melbourne Police Department responded to a wooded area near the 3000 block of Delaney Drive on Monday after a man called 911 and made a bomb threat.

Dispatchers say Jerry Lloyd called 911 around 9 p.m. reporting a “drug house” in the Sherwood subdivision. He said he was going to “blow this house up” and to give him six minutes to run away from the scene, according to an arrest report.

Officers later found Lloyd at a campsite in the woods and took him into custody, according to an MPD report.

Officers say once in custody, Lloyd spontaneously said, “You know, that house is a dope house.”

Loyd was taken to a nearby hospital for medical clearance.

Investigators found no signs of a bomb near the home or at Lloyd’s campsite.

Lloyd is now facing one charge of falsely reporting a bomb.

SOURCE: https://www.clickorlando.com/news/l...o-blow-up-dope-house-in-melbourne-police-say/

Woman does A1 impression of Alexa

I recently had a scammer phone, one of those about the car crash ones. They started off with “we’re just phoning about that car crash you were involved in, the that wasn’t your fault”,

Me The fatal one?
Them Please hold we are transferring your call
New Them Hi I believe you were involved in a car crash that wasn’t your fault?
Me Yes, a fatal one.
New Them Who was killed?
Me Me
New Them So I’m talking to a ghost?
Me Yes
New Them Ghost are cool
Me yes
At this point they hung up! Haven’t been called back since.

I recently had a scammer phone, one of those about the car crash ones. They started off with “we’re just phoning about that car crash you were involved in, the that wasn’t your fault”,

Me The fatal one?
Them Please hold we are transferring your call
New Them Hi I believe you were involved in a car crash that wasn’t your fault?
Me Yes, a fatal one.
New Them Who was killed?
Me Me
New Them So I’m talking to a ghost?
Me Yes
New Them Ghost are cool
Me yes
At this point they hung up! Haven’t been called back since.
I was sat on a break last year summer with my boss, his phone rang ..

"Our records show that you have recently been in a car accident that wasn't your fault"
"Oh no, it was definitely my fault. I'd done a load of ket and my girlfriend was sucking me off"
(phone goes dead)

High five pranking tourists at Pisa ..

Last edited:
I've just come across this on facebook:

Wakato Kamil

I have been in a relationship with my girlfriend for 2years now and we were planning to get married soon and all of a sudden she left me for another guy,I really love this girl never can imagine my without her.i further tried all my best to get her back was in vain.it was on this faithful day,l came life across comments on Facebook about this great spell caster called Dr ogbemudan so I contacted him through his email and he assured me that in two days time my girlfriend is going to leave the other guy and come back to me and it was d greatest surprise ever to see my girlfriend coming back to me after two days.i am so happy today that she came back to me and I achieve this with the help of Dr ogbemudan. WhatsApp: +2348068264286 or email address [email protected]

.. so I've replied with this:

Swifty

Dr ogbemudan stole my dog .. has anyone else here had similar bad experiences with this man please?

Let the games begin ..

Darko Maver (1998-99) < Eva & Franco Mattes (0100101110101101.org)

Darko Maver (1998-99)
In 1998 we invented a reclusive artist named Darko Maver. His life was set in former Yugoslavia and heavily influenced by the ongoing war.
His early works were life-size sculpture supposedly made of wax, rubber and fabric.
He roamed ex-Yugoslavia depositing gruesomely realistic puppets of murder victims in abandoned buildings and hotel rooms. The models were so realistic that they apparently shocked the people who found them.

No sculpture ever existed, the images documenting his artworks were photos of real atrocities found on the internet.
Darko Maver died in April 1999 in the Podgorica prison during the NATO bombing. The photo of his death, that circulated widely on the media, was actually taken in our garret in the center of Bologna.
Soon after Maver’s death a string of posthumous shows culminated in the 48th Venice Biennale.

An artist friend of mine invented an alter-ego artist called Manfred Wing, so he could paint in a different style.
I think he's dropped that now.

Back