• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Date: Saturday morning, summer of '73.
Location: Flat 16E, 151 Wester Common Road, Maryhill, Glasgow.

I was 15, living on the 16th floor of the flats, which overlook Partick Thistle's Firhill stadium.

Dad was a sleeping car attendant, working the London, King's Cross to Aberdeen route and frequently away from home.

Mum had a Saturday job in the city centre, so house was parent free most Saturdays.

Que all day partying, with usually around a dozen schoolmates in attendance.

One of them passed for 18 and consequently could buy the prerequisite carry-out. Thus, much alcohol was consumed.

Another mate's brother could get us hash. Consequently, resin of a Moroccan variety would be in plentiful supply. In those days, this was of the highest quality.

One such afternoon, eventually having finished playing 6-a-side football in the living room, much to the delight of neighbours below, we were in need of a new stimulus.

My Auntie Chick was a hairdresser and during a recent visit had left behind one of those polystyrene heads, used to display wigs.

I pointed it out and after a communal discussion as to what we could do with such an intriguing artefact, an idea developed.

We might use it as the head of a dummy body, I suggested.

What could we do with that then...

It was a symbiotic moment as we all realised here was a God given opportunity.

Throw it out the window...

With 15 further windows to pass on its descent, that was surely bound to get some attention.

The body?

One of my long-sleeved tops, an old pair of denims and a pair of dad's slippers, all stuffed with scrunched-up sheets of newspaper.

And so, 'Clive' was born and we even found a wooly hat to cover his head, securely tucked inside the top, on impending journey downstairs - minus the requirement for stairs.

Pondering what else to consider, it came to mind we had one other Ace to play.

Make the body disappear...

This would require perfect coordination and immaculate timing... pretty much the last thing any of us were capable of.

Nonetheless, a plan materialised...

Seven of us would take the lift down and hang around in vicinity of the building.

A team of four would then get the lift down and when all was suitably quiet, one would keep the lift doors open, whilst three others would go outside and give the signal to eject Clive.

I would remain to ensure Clive did indeed leave the building.

Those three waiting at the bottom would, soon as Clive hit the ground, gather up the likely disassembled pieces and get the lift straight back up.

Then we would drop off Clive's remains at the flat and immediately take the lift back down.

Once outside, we would simply pretend to be passers by.

It worked flawlessly, to the extent that Clive hardly even came apart.

So, we waited and it didn't take long before the occupants of those 15 flats beneath began to appear, either via the lift or stairway.

Once assembled, they began to express their shock and disbelief...

'It was horrible, he flew right past my window'...

'I know, mine too, it was awful'...

'Did he fall, or was it a suicide'...

'Oh, I can't bear to look...'.

There was nothing to see though...

'Where's the body'?

'What's happened to him'?

'Where did he go'?

'He must have survived and just got up'...

'How did he manage to walk away from that fall'...

'That's a bloody miracle, that is'...

I occasionally wonder if in subsequent years they ever thought about it and surmised...

'Still one hell of a mystery that is... I wonder who he was'.

Clive... the name was Clive...

Oh, very good! :chuckle:

I've spent the day (on and off) chatting with a lovely young woman who looks about 18 but says she's 27 on facebook via messenger (with the Mrs's approval) because 'she' sent me a private message apologising that she doesn't know me but she's bored and fancied a chat. So far no problem. I kept things polite, didn't tell her too much about myself other than I live with my Mrs, I'm an old git approaching 50, friendly polite and none pervy stuff.

'She' had other ideas though ..

She told me what she's into without me even asking .. horses, sniping and hunting, music and sex and hoped I didn't mind that she'd mentioned sex and did I like sex? ..

"I love sex! lol"

"Well that's normal, everyone likes sex and ..." and she was off on one again which make me think I was talking to a bot .. also, after telling 'her' my age and interests (such as I post as Mythopokia on the fortean forums .. that sort of stuff), 'she kept asking the same questions. It was like being in a Morrisons disciplinary meeting.

Then my good Cromer friend Craig (Skargy knows of him) messaged me with "Dude .. who's this Dinah woman?" ..

So after accusing each other of bashing one out over all of this for laughs, 'she' messaged me again asking if I wanted to come see her in her bedroom?, did I want a video chat? ... "What are we going to do in your bedroom in Stratford on Avon?" .. "ok" .. and that's the last I've heard from her. So I checked 'her' profile and it's suspiciously empty for a young good looking woman. Also she's only got 4 friends on her friends list .. Craig and 3 other Cromer blokes :chuckle: ..

He's told her he's currently in Borneo searching for an "illegal dinosaur bone" .. then he pretended that he'd been shot and killed and his 'friend' was now talking to 'her' .. he's urged me to tell 'her' I have a castle in Switzerland and that she can visit me there when this pandemic is over. The Mrs has quite correctly pointed out that she was just trying to record me having a wank on a video call or something so she could blackmail me later by threatening to put that all over facebook. A money sting. I said I'll do that for free! .. she doesn't have to pay me? ..;)

(I would post a pic of the lady here along with 'her' facebook page but I suspect someone's just stolen a load of pictures of a young woman with her mates and created a face facebook identity using the victim's pictures)

Last edited:
Pranksters modified LA's famous Hollywood sign ...
Hollywood sign temporarily reads 'Hollyboob,' six people arrested

Police in Los Angeles said six people were arrested after altering the Hollywood sign to read "Hollyboob" in what the alleged perpetrators said was a breast cancer awareness message.

The Los Angeles Police Department said the five men and one woman climbed the hills surrounding the sign and threw a tarp bearing a giant letter B over the W and added a dash to the final D to make it look like a second B. ...

... the six people, who claimed the stunt was intended to raise breast cancer awareness, were released after being charged with misdemeanor trespassing.

"There's no vandalism, because the sign wasn't damaged" ...

FULL STORY: https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2021/0...-Hollyboob-six-people-arrested/4331612290427/

A husband launches a hoax about his wife's disappearance (and presumed death) to help her evade going to prison. Now he and their son are possibly going to be charged with crimes as well.
https://apnews.com/f1ed5ffce698798c9b40666ec3a42317

Update ... The wife was sentenced to an extra year in prison for faking her death, and the husband's sentencing is still pending ...
Woman who tried to fake death gets extra year in prison

A West Virginia woman who tried to fake her death to avoid being sentenced for health care fraud has received an additional year in prison.

Julie M. Wheeler of Beaver was sentenced Wednesday in federal court in Charleston for conspiring to obstruct justice.

Prosecutors said Wheeler admitted to conspiring with her husband to keep her out of prison. Rodney Wheeler told authorities on May 31 that she had fallen from an overlook at the New River Gorge, prompting a massive search. ...

Rodney Wheeler pleaded guilty last month to conspiracy to obstruct justice and faces up to five years in prison. His sentencing is set for April 5. ...

FULL STORY: https://apnews.com/article/woman-tried-fake-death-extra-year-prison-e6b530ece1c71df5af578956f4bc482c

This young German woman broke up with her beau 2 years ago and recently staged a fake wedding posted on TikTok to bait what appears to have been a revenge trap.
Genius or crazy? Woman fakes her own wedding to get back at ex-boyfriend

In a desperate attempt to make her ex-boyfriend jealous, a woman in Germany faked an elaborate wedding to get revenge on an old flame. A TikTok video of her envy-inducing antics has gone viral, with more than 1.8 million views and thousands of gobsmacked comments.

Sarah Vilard, 24, revealed her rock bottom moment ... , showing pictures of herself holding hands with a groom-for-hire, wearing a long white dress.

Vilard, who lives in Frankfurt, Germany, split from her former beau in 2019 and hatched envy-inducing plan shortly after.

She rented out Frankfurt’s Villa Kennedy and rounded up her friends to play the roles of bridesmaids. She posted the pictures to her Instagram, where she was certain her ex would see.

“He found out through Instagram and texted me the next day and freaked out because he thought I was cheating on him while we were together,” Vilard said. ...

“That, of course, wasn’t the case. But he came to my house and wanted to talk to me afterward. I wasn’t interested.” ...

She then blocked and deleted him from her social media and her life. ...
FULL STORY: https://nypost.com/2021/05/17/woman-fakes-her-own-wedding-to-get-back-at-ex-boyfriend/

I've just spotted this on the Twitter 'Fesshole' feed -

I'm a now retired senior television technician. At teatime Saturday 26 November, 1977, aliens from the Ashtar Galactic Command took control of audio of the TV broadcast in Hampshire. Sorry ufologists, but that was actually me and some mates pissing about. We never got caught.

Is this mentioned anywhere on'ere? I don't follow UFOs so I don't know.

We have a thread on it, but I don't think we have a culprit. Try to get a name, I bet Fortean Times would like a word with him.

We have a thread on it, but I don't think we have a culprit. Try to get a name, I bet Fortean Times would like a word with him.
It's anonymous. The Tweets on that account are confessions and all are by 'Fesshole'.

Here's a deluded prank that got 'way out of hand, and the prankster will now suffer for it.

In 2019 a Texas woman immersed in a long-running vendetta against her neighbors made false 911 calls claiming the neighbors were drug dealers. The drug raid she caused resulted in fatalities, injuries, and the permanent crippling of a police officer. After a long trial process a judge has sentenced the fraudulent caller to prison for more than twice the length of time the relevant sentencing guidelines recommend.
Texas Woman Gets Prison Time for False 911 Calls That Led to Botched Drug Raid and Deaths of Neighboring Couple

A Texas woman whose false 911 calls led to a botched 2019 drug raid that resulted in the death of both homeowners and their dog was sentenced on Tuesday to three years and four months in federal prison, local news outlets reported. The botched raid—which also left five officers injured, one of whom is now a paraplegic—also caused the Houston Police Department to investigate the entire narcotics division responsible for the raid, exposing extensive corruption within its ranks that ended with 12 current and former officers being indicted.

Patricia Ann Garcia, 53, pleaded guilty in March to placing several erroneous 911 calls on Jan. 8, 2019, in which she falsely accusing her neighbors Dennis Tuttle, 59, and his wife, Rhogena Nicholas, 58, of being involved in serious criminal activity. Garcia, who reportedly had a long-running feud with the couple, told emergency operators that Tuttle and Nicholas were armed drug dealers who were holding her 25-year-old daughter in their home against her will. ...

During her videoconference sentencing hearing before U.S. District Judge George C. Hanks on Tuesday, Garcia expressed sorrow for her actions, claiming she was not in her right mind when she made the false 911 calls and never expected police to storm the couple’s home.

“I’m so sorry for my 911 call,” she said, adding, “And the false calls I made,” according to a Houston Chronicle report.

But Judge Hanks appeared unsympathetic, saying he believed she “used 911 as a weapon.” The judge said Garcia did, indeed, want something bad to happen to the victims.

“There’s no question in my mind, Ms. Garcia, in that you wanted something bad to happen to (Tuttle and Nicholas),” Hanks said ... “You didn’t really care what happened, and respectfully, the court can’t condone that.”

The 40-month sentence Hanks handed down was an upward departure from the sentencing guidelines. Garcia’s counsel had requested she receive 10 to 16 months in prison—what the federal guidelines called for—in addition to a period of home confinement. ...
FULL STORY: https://lawandcrime.com/crime/texas...ed-drug-raid-and-death-of-neighboring-couple/

Here's a deluded prank that got 'way out of hand, and the prankster will now suffer for it.

In 2019 a Texas woman immersed in a long-running vendetta against her neighbors made false 911 calls claiming the neighbors were drug dealers. The drug raid she caused resulted in fatalities, injuries, and the permanent crippling of a police officer. After a long trial process a judge has sentenced the fraudulent caller to prison for more than twice the length of time the relevant sentencing guidelines recommend.

FULL STORY: https://lawandcrime.com/crime/texas...ed-drug-raid-and-death-of-neighboring-couple/

3 years and 4 months for what is essentially murder? In Texas? I thought people normally got more than that there for looking at a policeman the wrong way.

There is a hoax related add-on to this -from the report @EnolaGaia linked to above

Garcia is the first person involved in the scandal to be sentenced, but she will not be the last. Former officer Steven O. Bryant last week pleaded guilty to lying to help cover up the circumstances of the botched raid at the behest of former narcotics agent Gerald Goines. Goines, who was charged with leading the drug raid, initially claimed that he witnessed an informant purchase heroin from the couple’s home in order to obtain the no-knock warrant. Goines later said, however, that there was no informant and that he had purchased the drugs himself from a different location.

I've just spotted this on the Twitter 'Fesshole' feed -
I'm a now retired senior television technician. At teatime Saturday 26 November, 1977, aliens from the Ashtar Galactic Command took control of audio of the TV broadcast in Hampshire. Sorry ufologists, but that was actually me and some mates pissing about. We never got caught.

Is this mentioned anywhere on'ere? I don't follow UFOs so I don't know.
@escargot would it be okay for me to post a link to this on that 'Ashtar Command' thread, or would you prefer to do it?

Go for it! Do you need help finding the 'Fesshole' thread or are you already onto that?
I can't help much as I posted everything I know about this further up.

UFOs etc are not my strong point!

Thanks, no - I've already found the 'Fesshole' thread and the specific post in question - I just thought it would be rude to post it without running it past you first! :)

If you're interested, here's the IMDB page for German documentary Lovemobil, mentioned in the new FT:
Link

The prostitution expose that was mostly staged (and nearly duped festival juries into giving it awards). Sadly, the only user review complains it was fake, but some of the critics reviews it links to were fooled.

The camera never lies? Not so sure about that.

The hoaxing in this case doesn't change the humorous nature of the content. Instead, it illustrates the way social media allows jokers to rip off and re-label past content so they can pass it off as something else and something new.

This Twitter video post shows a funny UFO-themed car and claims it was seen recently in Brazil.

This video is actually of a sighting in southern Indiana back in 2018.

https://www.motor1.com/news/262229/ufo-driving-down-highway-truth/

Edit to Add:
The flying saucer car was created in 2014 for Indianapolis resident Steve Anderson.

https://www.indystar.com/story/life...flying-saucer-car-out-of-this-world/16930833/

Last edited:
Halloween movie serial killer Michael Myers spotted walking through storm on Texas beach with "bloody knife":
News story

Turns out to be prank-prone lawyer (just what the world needs, a lawyer with a sense of humour). He was arrested (!) but he's not sure why (!!!).

Halloween movie serial killer Michael Myers spotted walking through storm on Texas beach with "bloody knife":
News story

Turns out to be prank-prone lawyer (just what the world needs, a lawyer with a sense of humour). He was arrested (!) but he's not sure why (!!!).

He's lucky that he wasn't shot, I believe a few people in Texas pack guns.

This Dutch man was busted for playing recorded sounds of a crying baby inside trash containers in public areas, causing the police to come and investigate.
Police arrest man for placing speakers making baby sounds in container

A 48-year-old man from Zoetermeer has been arrested because he was believed to be connected to the baby sounds that came from Bluetooth speakers in a container. There had been three reports of baby noises coming from the containers on Friday and Saturday. Emergency services did everything possible to save the possible infant.

The baby cries turned out to come from speakers. An investigation led authorities to the man from Zoetermeer. He has been taken into custody and his role in the three reports is being looked into.

Friday afternoon the first report of a baby crying in a container in Zoetermeer. A second incident followed on Saturday morning in the same town. Later, it was revealed there had also been a report already made in Rozenburg on Friday evening. The police are not pleased with these incidents because they require many staff members and cost much time.

We take it very seriously when reports are made about crying baby sounds," said the police spokesperson. "This is not something you mess around with." ...
FULL STORY: https://nltimes.nl/2021/10/10/police-arrest-man-placing-speakers-making-baby-sounds-container

Back