• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Holloman AFB Landing & Meeting With U.S. President (1950s? 1960s?)

Documentary about Eisenhower and UFOs
Evidence suggests that the advancements in weaponry, technology, air travel, and even space exploration, which exceeded our highest expectations in the 1950s, may be the result of an alliance made between the United States Government and Extraterrestrials from another solar system. Examination of the Alien / UFO phenomenon during the Eisenhower era and the events that lead to the establishment of the industrial military complex. Explore the web of black projects and top secret operations with Larry Holcombe, author of the best selling book, "The Presidents and UFO's" in this fascinating and revealing feature documentary.

May
One of the most prolonged rumors in the UFO world happened in the 1960's where a bonafide alien craft descended upon Hollowman Air Force base while Eisenhower was present and military cameraman on the ready. The president boarded the craft, a friendly meeting took place and a treaty was signed. As the story goes, a few short seconds of this footage was purposefully leaked into a documentary which depicts a craft descending from high altitude.

We have this footage from the story which refuses to die BUT I've never once heard anyone question the glaringly obvious -- the linchpin seems to be the rock formations seen in the background. Forget about Eisenhower and the treaty: these land/rock formations either do, or do not exist in the vicinity of Holloman. My time spent on Google Earth turned up nothing. We have a lot of great minds here on the forum and I'd like to see another rigid analytic, someone like EnolaGaia take a stab at this mystery. If they aren't mountains then perhaps they're on flatter ground and the cameraman is on a mountain?

(scene begins around 25 seconds)

View attachment 15469
Maybe you should take a trip to New Mexico and Alamogordo specifically and see that rock formations like that do exist in the area.

Supposedly, when the UK started to declassify their X-Files around 2010, a short memo from a man whose grandfather worked as a bodyguard for Churchill claimed Churchill and Eisenhower worked together to bury UFO information because they thought if the truth be known it would cause a breakdown of society.

In fact Churchill order anything UFO be buried for 50 years.

The name of the person on the memo was redacted, so it is still a mystery.

The Holloman landing sequence now seems to be conclusively explained; the light coming down slowly in that clip is attached to a perfectly normal US jet.
From the video posted by @Paul_Exeter ; a hi-res version of the classic clip. Obviously a 'plane with a landing light attached.

holloman.png

The Holloman landing sequence now seems to be conclusively explained; the light coming down slowly in that clip is attached to a perfectly normal US jet.
From the video posted by @Paul_Exeter ; a hi-res version of the classic clip. Obviously a 'plane with a landing light attached.

View attachment 74129
That profile and movement remains me of the Harrier jump-jet, which was developed during the 1960s and entered service in 1969:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harrier_jump_jet

So the dates fit and I imagine that if service personnel hadn't seen one in VTOL mode it might be a UFO to them

Does anyone know the original source of the Eisenhower / Holloman story? I know that Tim Good and various other people have spread it since.

To answer my own question a bit, what I currently understand is that it originated with Emenegger and his 1970s documentary that allegedly included some 'real' footage, but was subsequently referenced in the MJ-12 hoax and since then has been elaborated by various ufologists. However I'm sure I've seen a reference to an earlier version of the story floating about in the 1960s.

The 'star witness' for the Holloman yarn is however I guess Manuel Kirklin, who can be seen telling his story here;

To answer my own question a bit, what I currently understand is that it originated with Emenegger and his 1970s documentary that allegedly included some 'real' footage, but was subsequently referenced in the MJ-12 hoax and since then has been elaborated by various ufologists. However I'm sure I've seen a reference to an earlier version of the story floating about in the 1960s.

One reason for asking all this is that I'm pretty sure the Emenegger story references only high-ranking officers meeting with occupants, rather than Eisenhower specifically, so it may be that the Eisenhower yarn comes from somewhere else. I know that Emenegger was inconsistent in his recollection of when this meeting was supposed to have happened, and all these tales tend to get conflated by later retellings.

Beyond accepting his story at face value, the general sceptical consensus is that Emenegger was simply telling a story to attract publicity for his documentary, though it's also been suggested he was targeted (for whatever reason) by a disinformation campaign.

Of course there are a few other stories associated with Holloman too; the 1950 sighting through an Askania theodolite of a sort of Flash Gordonesque ship thing, mentioned earlier in this thread, is a great one:

apro_holloman_frame_635.jpg

...in addition to a well-known (probably hoaxed) photograph.

I actually really like the 1950 report as it combines viewing through a technical instrument of some sort, a photo which allegedly showed something quite a bit different to what the witnesses reported, and missing documentation (the case is referenced in Blue Book files but the documents covering it have disappeared). A minor classic!

Last edited:
One reason for asking all this is that I'm pretty sure the Emenegger story references only high-ranking officers meeting with occupants, rather than Eisenhower specifically, so it may be that the Eisenhower yarn comes from somewhere else. I know that Emenegger was inconsistent in his recollection of when this meeting was supposed to have happened, and all these tales tend to get conflated by later retellings.

Beyond accepting his story at face value, the general sceptical consensus is that Emenegger was simply telling a story to attract publicity for his documentary, though it's also been suggested he was targeted (for whatever reason) by a disinformation campaign.

Of course there are a few other stories associated with Holloman too; the 1950 sighting through an Askania theodolite of a sort of Flash Gordonesque ship thing, mentioned earlier in this thread, is a great one:

View attachment 74159

...in addition to a well-known (probably hoaxed) photograph.

I actually really like the 1950 report as it combines viewing through a technical instrument of some sort, a photo which allegedly showed something quite a bit different to what the witnesses reported, and missing documentation (the case is referenced in Blue Book files but the documents covering it have disappeared). A minor classic!

Another account:

Theodolite Crews Saw, Tracked, & Filmed 4 High Flying Objects

maximus otter

Reactions: BS3
Back