• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Holy Lost Footage, Batman!

A fifty year old road safety film of Adam West in London has been uncovered
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-eng...otage-of-batman-star-adam-west-to-be-screened

Fantastic!

Batman was always conscious of his young fans' safety. I can remember a little segment shown before some episodes where Batman and Robin tell children not to attempt dangerous stunts, ending with Robin's exclamation of 'Holy broken bones!'

When I mentioned this to the former Mr Snail years ago, he nodded sagely. Yes, some children did copy Batman. One of Mr Snail's own classmates had tied a towel round his neck, jumped off a shed roof and broken several limbs.

I remember those warnings. Didn't stop me and my mates doing daft stuff though :)

Yes, like playing 'Batman', which at my primary school involved jumping off the tallest slide or climbing frame in the playground.

It's not all Adam West's fault: we had other games, such as 'The Six Million Dollar Man', which involved jumping off...

...and 'Blake's 7', which involved jumping...

You get the idea.

So many head injuries....

Yes, like playing 'Batman', which at my primary school involved jumping off the tallest slide or climbing frame in the playground.

It's not all Adam West's fault: we had other games, such as 'The Six Million Dollar Man', which involved jumping off...

...and 'Blake's 7', which involved jumping...

You get the idea.

So many head injuries....
Also, there was 'Kung Fu', which had all of us doing the moves. Lots of bruises.

...and 'Doctor Who', which combined close-quarters combat with jumping off stuff. I don't recall if anyone thought of combining these bygone classics into 'Doctor Who Kung Fu'.

And despite that we all survived to be normal, level-headed, sensible grown-ups. Which is why we are all here....:actw:

...and 'Doctor Who', which combined close-quarters combat with jumping off stuff. I don't recall if anyone thought of combining these bygone classics into 'Doctor Who Kung Fu'.
Doctor Who just had us running around corridors at school. We couldn't find a nearby quarry to run around in.

Doctor Who just had us running around corridors at school. We couldn't find a nearby quarry to run around in.
The last time I was in hospital, the Mrs had brought my laptop, it was lights off time on the ward, I was feeling down in the dumps ..

So I'd found the Dr Who theme tune so selfishly played it on full whack to cheer myself up .. a consultant came and told me off so then I had to switch it off .. it was a glorious moment for me and at least a couple of my neighbours though :)

Last edited:
Then you weren't trying hard enough...

The last time I was in hospital, the Mrs had brought my laptop, it was lights off time on the ward, I was feeling down in the dumps ..

So I'd found the Dr Who theme tune so selfishly played it on full whack to cheer myself up .. a consultant came and told me off so then I had to switch it off .. it was a glorious moment for me and at least a couple of my neighbours though :)

The consultant was just upset that there was a Doctor the patients actually wanted to see...

So THAT'S how they filmed those climbing up a skyscraper shots!

batman.png

Back