• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Homo erectus

I was in the pub chatting with a junior doctor who was half Portuguese, told us that there was a hospital domestic who speaks to him in a vaguely superior way because his surname is of a higher status than the doctor's (bit of background, the domestic is a bit of a prick apparently anyway).

I'd never heard of anything like this so I asked him a bit more, he said that there was 'a sort of a class/caste system in Portugal', he added that it's not as rigid as elsewhere, but that it was there. That's all I know.
Ah. Probably just the old nobility that they don't have now.

There are people in the U.S. who THINK they are sooooooo much better than the rest of us. So I guess they THINK we have a caste system When you refer to the general population as the "little people", I guess you THINK you're really something.

So what's wrong with living traditionally?

There is nothing wrong at all Brig with living traditionally - But by doing so, they're looked down upon by the more upwardly mobile 'whiter' mob.

Same same mate.

In light of the new 6 million year old footprints in Europe, this thread seemed worth resurrecting.

There are a few archeologists who believe basic human traits extend back several million years. Seems that every time evidence crops up supporting the contention, the field erupts in "Hoax" or mis identified evidence. Usually without the peer review because it is so fantastic it cannot be true. Yet I Can remember when Continental Drift also engendered the same hue and cry. If you would like to read many past discoveries (so called hoax's) pick up a copy of Forbidden Archeology , by Thompson and Cremo. Todays scientists are not nearly as smartt as they would have us think.

Reactions: Jim
Todays scientists are not nearly as smartt as they would have us think.

You're not wrong there Brig - I'd suggest much more contact with the mundane world...you never know - it might help.

In light of the new 6 million year old footprints in Europe, this thread seemed worth resurrecting.

Or these 9.7 million year old teeth from Germany, resembling those of Australopithecus:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...germany-rhine-mainz-archaeology-a8010506.html

I note that scientists sat on this news for a year, because it didn't fit the conventional picture of hominin evolution.

Seems to be a lot of 'forbidden archaeology' being revealed recently!

At some point, there will be a critical mass of evidence that will cause a re-evaluation of the age of human beings.
I suspect we've been around a LOT longer than current conventional scientific thinkers will appreciate.

I note that scientists sat on this news for a year, because it didn't fit the conventional picture of hominin evolution.

Seems to be a lot of 'forbidden archaeology' being revealed recently!

According to the paper, the discovery was made in September 2016, and they've already prepared the paper, that's not sitting on it, so much as going full pelt to get it out.

On a sidenote, when it comes to Giganthopithecus, how do they know if it has human or gorilla style legs?

On a sidenote, when it comes to Giganthopithecus, how do they know if it has human or gorilla style legs?

Nobody knows, but if the size estimates are correct, then bipedal gait would be a pretty bad idea. And there's no reason to think that it was a biped except for Krantz' idea that the shape of the jawbone at the rear suggested that the head was situated on the spine in the same way ours are, but that's Krantz.

It appeals to some though to continue to image it as a biped for obvious reasons.

This article describes a couple of issues on which prior assumptions about Homo erectus are being re-examined. One is the existence and sophistication of their linguistic capabilities. The other is speculation they may have mastered some rudimentary seafaring tech / skills.

Homo erectus may have been a sailor – and able to speak
They had bodies similar to modern humans, could make tools, and were possibly the first to cook. Now one expert is arguing that Homo erectus might have been a mariner – complete with sailing lingo.

Homo erectus first appeared in Africa more than 1.8m years ago and is thought to be the first archaic human to leave the continent. ...

“Oceans were never a barrier to the travels of Erectus. He travelled all over the world, travelled to the island of Flores, across one of the greatest ocean currents in the world,” said Daniel Everett, professor of global studies at Bentley University, and author of How Language Began. “They sailed to the island of Crete and various other islands. It was intentional: they needed craft and they needed to take groups of twenty or so at least to get to those places.”

While Everett is not the first to raise the controversial possibility that H. erectus might have fashioned some sort of seagoing vessel, he believes that such capabilities mean that H. erectus must also have had another skill: language. ...

FULL STORY: https://www.theguardian.com/science...ctus-may-have-been-a-sailor-and-able-to-speak

Well, yes, it's a bit hard to imagine that they could sail but not communicate.

The seafaring abilities of our ancestors are constantly being backdated - I'm not surprised by that at all.

Interesting but not w/o speculation

There was a documentary series on BBC some years ago which dealt with the idea of Homo erectus being able to make short sea voyages.

This article describes a couple of issues on which prior assumptions about Homo erectus are being re-examined. One is the existence and sophistication of their linguistic capabilities. The other is speculation they may have mastered some rudimentary seafaring tech / skills.

FULL STORY: https://www.theguardian.com/science...ctus-may-have-been-a-sailor-and-able-to-speak

Absolutely. We've been human for a lot longer than conventional history suggests.

Is it really helpful to employ the terms Homo erectus, Denisovan, Neanderthal, or Cro-Magnon, when we were all human beings after all?

Maybe not humans but we're all a bunch of homos.

It would seem, according to recent revelations that ALL of our so-called ancestors were far smarter and more evolved than certain pin-headed, narrow-minded scientists wish to admit to. They even avoid out and out evidence if it doesn't fit their single-minded dogma. White skinned, blonde haired giants primarily in North America is a stark example. Adeana, my Aunt Harriet, the Adeanas were hundreds, possibly thousands, of years too late. The Smithsonian admits they have the giant skeletons but have never investigated them. Why?

DOCTOR Baltar: A quote and article from Dr. Greg Little, a hands on rather than armchair archeologist. "Dr. Greg Little has recently debunked the notion that the very large skeletons frequently encountered in North American burial mounds is due to chance. His surveys indicated that the Smithsonian's findings of no less than 17 skeletons of seven feet or MORE in height as documented in the 5th and 12th Bureau of Ethnology reports would have required the excavation of 2.5 million skeletons. In other words the explanation that these were "really tall" members of the populace or the product of gigantism; only one hundred cases of which have been documented in American history, are statistically impossible". Let the reader draw his own conclusions.

... A quote and article from Dr. Greg Little, a hands on rather than armchair archeologist. ...

You don't obtain any leverage throwing the credentials card unless your account of the credentials is accurate ...

Greg Little is Gregory L. Little, Ed.D. (Doctor of Education):

Ed.D. (1982); MS (1976); BA (1972)
Field Of Study: Psychology; Counseling & Educational Psychology

I am first author of all Moral Reconation Therapy — MRT® materials. MRT is the most widely-used cognitive-behavioral therapy treatment approach for criminals. ...

My semi-hypnotic audio series used in trauma treatment is under the trademark of "Mind's Eye Visualizations™."

... Other than my main professional areas of criminal treatment and research I am involved in Native American archaeology issues.

SOURCE: Little's own LinkedIn Page: https://www.linkedin.com/in/greg-little-17770642/

Drop the knit picking and read the message.

Back