• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
If, like me, you were wondering how come actress Colleen Camp was producing Knock Knock (she also cameos) and Sandra Locke was "executive producing" (despite being out the business since 2000) - turns out Knock Knock is a REMAKE of 1977's Death Game, where the two terrorizing girls are played by... Colleen Camp and Sandra Locke!

Heres the full version.

Ha - I didn't notice this :)

Yeah, from the trailer it's definitely a remake... Yet despite having Colleen Camp on board, Knock Knock makes no mention of this... seemingly passing itself off as an Eli Roth original.

Hmm, I'm not one of the legions of Roth haters but he doesn't do himself any favours pulling that. Mind you, his new cannibal movie doesn't sound too original either.

The Haunting (1963) ..

My Dad used to tell me about this film just to scare me and after seeing it as a young adult, it was scary! .. I'd place this in my top 3 classics ..

"God! Whose hand was I holding?!" is up there with "This is no dream! This is really happening!" from Rosemary's Baby as top chilling movie lines from the 1960s.

"God! Whose hand was I holding?!" is up there with "This is no dream! This is really happening!" from Rosemary's Baby as top chilling movie lines from the 1960s.
Absolutely! The other bit that nearly made me fall out of my chair was the fast zoom when she was looking up from the tower ... :eek: ... and the rubber door prop to show the door bending in ? .. that film was way ahead of its time ..

Much imitated (esp. these days) but never bettered. Whatever you do don't watch the farce that was the remake! Although The Legend of Hell House from the 70s is a not bad variation on Hill House.

Absolutely! The other bit that nearly made me fall out of my chair was the fast zoom when she was looking up from the tower ... :eek: ... and the rubber door prop to show the door bending in ? .. that film was way ahead of its time ..

100% agree

classic stuff and brilliant movie!

bonus: Claire Bloom was so hot then and she was the first goth girl I saw in my life :)

images
upload_2015-7-6_23-54-46.jpeg

Hmm, I'm not one of the legions of Roth haters but he doesn't do himself any favours pulling that. Mind you, his new cannibal movie doesn't sound too original either.
It isn't. Saw it at Frightfest last August(!) and it was pretty run-of-the-mill, if you've seen the Italian originals.

Oh yeah, you couldn't get away with that these day. Can't recall any cgi animals being killed either!

100% agree

classic stuff and brilliant movie!

bonus: Claire Bloom was so hot then and she was the first goth girl I saw in my life :)

images
View attachment 800
Indeed she was :) .... my favourite actress though was the spooky hose keeper ... me and the missus will occasionally quote her to each other " ..... no one will come any closer than that. In the dark. In the night. " :confused:

Sucker: The Vampire. Three Vampires in a rock band (Plasma), the lead singers "Renfield" gets groupies for them who they suck dry. But there is a modern day Van Helsing intent on staking these creatures of the night. Passable adult horror/comedy.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0178047/

Last edited:
Ha Ha ... sorry ... house keeper .. :p

Oddly, in the 80s TV movie This House Possessed there is an actual spooky hose which menaces the hero. Maybe they should have called it This Hose Possessed.

Oddly, in the 80s TV movie This House Possessed there is an actual spooky hose which menaces the hero. Maybe they should have called it This Hose Possessed.
Sounds almost as weird as that horror film that came out a few years back that was just a villain car tire ...a tire! ..

Haven't seen that one though I did hear of it. Saw another one by the same director (Wrong) and I'm sure he's amusing himself if no one else!

The Children (2008): British horror at its best and most gruesome. Two families, four adults, a teenager and four young children spend xmas together in an isolated farmhouse. One of the children becomes ill, then all four start acting strangely. "Accidents" occur culminating in a fatal "accident" for one of the adults. Then the children really turn homicidal. It is at least suggested that this is due to a virus.

This is an adult film, violent and disturbing. Not for the fainthearted.

Full film:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1172571/

Last edited:
Give Housebound a go, a New Zealand horror which starts out as yet another tired haunted house "made you jump!" movie, but then the local sense of humour starts to creep in and by the end it's really enjoyable and not the film you thought it was at the start. I'll say no more, but recommended.

Give Housebound a go, a New Zealand horror which starts out as yet another tired haunted house "made you jump!" movie, but then the local sense of humour starts to creep in and by the end it's really enjoyable and not the film you thought it was at the start. I'll say no more, but recommended.

Seen it, quite good.

That's another really funny film, that NZ sense of humour where the bizarre is treated as absurdly ordinary. The Nosferatu guy was my favourite.

Weird coincidence I should mention him when hours later the news was Nosferatu's director had his head stolen. It wasn't me!

Tales Of Halloween looks pretty good, it's a horror anthology all based around one town on Halloween night. There's ten segments to it apparently and the names attached are impressive.

That's another really funny film, that NZ sense of humour where the bizarre is treated as absurdly ordinary. The Nosferatu guy was my favourite.

NZ sense of humour? That's as elusive as the Loch Ness monster. Even kiwi's admit they have no idea about how to be funny.

Maybe I've been lucky and encountered the only funny New Zealander filmmakers?

Woman in Black 2: this is a very dark horror film, unbelievably dark in fact. I don't mean it's really grim, I mean it's impossible to see what's happening for most of the time. Apart from that, not as good as the first one, and that was no classic.

Back