• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Full on zombie retired police officers with an insatiable appetite for hedgehogs!!!!!!!

hedge.jpg

Sorry if this has already been posted, I think it looks pretty promising.

‘The Lighthouse’ First Look: ‘The Witch’ Director Returns to Terrify Robert Pattinson, Willem Dafoe
The movie will have its world premiere at Directors' Fortnight next month.
Zack Sharf
Apr 23, 2019 10:56 am
For Eggers, “The Lighthouse” marks a return to the big screen after the breakthrough success of his feature directorial debut, “The Witch.” The horror film was one of the biggest hits of Sundance 2015 and made a star out of leading actress Anya Taylor-Joy. “The Witch” is widely regarded as a modern horror classic, which is one reason anticipation is so high for Eggers’ latest. Fellow horror breakouts Jennifer Kent (“The Babadook”) and Ari Aster (“Hereditary”) are also debuting second features this year.

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/04/t...4TDksLpihaZ6uDfulfgrWkj8SXqVEK80i_Gl3Pt8s5_4E

Watched Us, for the most part really enjoyed it. I avoided spoilers and didn't watch the trailers or read reviews but had seen some of the posters and publicity shots so knew it was about some form of doppelganger phenomenon but that was all. I really like the idea, Peele comes up with an interesting twist on an established premise both surface level and subtext. I also really liked the execution, there are many many, very tense moments, I especially liked those where he introduces dread into mundane situations, such as the scene on the beach.

The film does walk a fine line between withholding too much information and simultaneously revealing a little too much, where the I was actively out of the film wondering about how its premise works. Ultimately the concept is more metaphorical or allegorical but it does still sag a little under its own weight and is on some level a little goofy - akin to a Twilight Zone episode, I know Peele is producing the reboot. There may also be slightly too many twists and turns but despite my misgivings I'd recommend it to any Horror fans or people curious about the genre. I hope Peele's next film is another high concept Horror, this time with a big budget.

8/10

Not really a horror film but I couldn't figure out where to ask this.

Does anyone know where I can watch Ridley Scott's Legend with the Tangerine Dream soundtrack? As I understand it, British and European audiences got the film with the original Jerry Goldmith score but USA audiences got Tangerine Dream.

The 90ish minute cut the Horror Channel show has the Goldsmith score as does the cut on Google Play Movies. I've found a 2 hour long version elsewhere which I guess is the later directors cut, but that too has Goldsmith.

Not really a horror film but I couldn't figure out where to ask this.

Does anyone know where I can watch Ridley Scott's Legend with the Tangerine Dream soundtrack? As I understand it, British and European audiences got the film with the original Jerry Goldmith score but USA audiences got Tangerine Dream.

The 90ish minute cut the Horror Channel show has the Goldsmith score as does the cut on Google Play Movies. I've found a 2 hour long version elsewhere which I guess is the later directors cut, but that too has Goldsmith.
You may have to buy it as a US import.

Greta: A Dark Thriller which is encompassed by the slipstream of Horror. Frances (Chloe Grace Moretz) is a waitress living a humdrum life in New York. She finds a handbag on a subway train and returns it to the owner, Greta (Isabelle Huppert), a lonely woman who talks about her absent daughter. Frances grows close to Greta, attending events with her, having dinner with Greta rather than her flatmate Erica (Maika Monroe). But Frances discovers many handbags in one of Greta's cupboards, realising she has been conned she severs all connections with Greta.

The remainder of the film unfolds in a series of mini-horror stories as Frances undergoes harassment which finally reaches a level of existential terror. Huppert is wonderful as she stands across the road from Frances's workplace, chicly dressed but exuding an aura of the Angel of Death. Knocking tables over as she advances on Frances in the restaurant, totally convincing as an obsessed stalker rather than chewing up the scenery. This film takes some dark turns indeed as you wonder how crazed Greta really is. Stephen Rea is a private detective who investigates Greata on behalf of Frances's father (Colm Feore). There are some scenes where Frances makes decisions more worthy of a teen in a Slasher film but her acting is generally convincing as are her motivations for linking up with Greta in the first place. Director and co-writer Neil Jordan delivers an intriguing Stalker-Thriller. 8/10.

Down A Dark Hall: Another Academy for gifted children. This time it is delinquents who Headmistress Uma Thurman believe show great promise. AnnaSophia Robb is in trouble at school (tried to burn it down) and at risk of imprisonment when she is offered a divert placing at Blackwood Academy. Arriving at the isolated school she finds that there are only five pupils, all of whom have troubled backgrounds like hers. Thurman tells them they will excel. And indeed most of them do, at painting, maths, literary composition, music. But dark muses seem to be driving them. The girls ll have special qualities but of a paranormal nature

Blackwood is a dark place indeed with the electricity not working in areas and parts of the academy off-limits to the students due to "safety issues". Robb thinks she hears other people in rooms, sometimes even sees them. Other pupils talk of men and women communicating with them. A sense of dread and mystery is built up through creaks, indistinct chatter, brief flashes of movement, eventually leading to poltergeist style activity. Rebecca Front is in fine form as the school housekeeper a cross between Nurse Ratched, Lurch the Butler and Cathy Bates in Misery. The script gets a bit muddled at times but there is all round good acting from the younger members of the cast. Directed by Rodrigo Cortéz, Down A Dark Hall is an entertaining Horror/Mystery film. 7/10. On Netflix.

Aurora: A Philippines horror film involving a ship wreck and ghosts wanting to go home. A coastal village has been visited by death in the form of a shipwreck, the remains of the ship are visible on rocks close to shore. Relatives seek the remains of their loved ones but many bodies are still missing, perhaps trapped in the wreck. The event has cast a dark cloud over the village, fishermen can no longer sell their catch, peope move to the city. Leanna (Anne Curtis) runs an inn, when the relatives of the victims leave she is without customers and links up with fishermen to collect rewards for recovering the missing bodies. But she and her young sister Rita (Phoebe Villamor) catch glimpses of strange characters, hear voices and even seem to make contact with spirits of the missing.

A slow moving film which might have benefited from a 15 minute cut in it's running time. However it was massive success in the Philippines, made for P$3 million, it took in P$100 million at the box-office. The ghosts are well imagined and appear to be seeking closure just as much as their relatives are. While not malevolent they will seize on to divers who approach the wreck. Ghosts appear in windows and flashbacks of the grounding of the ship are related through stories and visions. A cover-up may have taken place and the real cause of the shipwreck turns out to be even more frightening than any conspiracy could hope to conceal. Director/co-writer Yam Laranas delivers an engaging Ghost Story. 7/10. On Netflix.

Greta: A Dark Thriller which is encompassed by the slipstream of Horror. Frances (Chloe Grace Moretz) is a waitress living a humdrum life in New York. She finds a handbag on a subway train and returns it to the owner, Greta (Isabelle Huppert), a lonely woman who talks about her absent daughter. Frances grows close to Greta, attending events with her, having dinner with Greta rather than her flatmate Erica (Maika Monroe). But Frances discovers many handbags in one of Greta's cupboards, realising she has been conned she severs all connections with Greta.

The remainder of the film unfolds in a series of mini-horror stories as Frances undergoes harassment which finally reaches a level of existential terror. Huppert is wonderful as she stands across the road from Frances's workplace, chicly dressed but exuding an aura of the Angel of Death. Knocking tables over as she advances on Frances in the restaurant, totally convincing as an obsessed stalker rather than chewing up the scenery. This film takes some dark turns indeed as you wonder how crazed Greta really is. Stephen Rea is a private detective who investigates Greata on behalf of Frances's father (Colm Feore). There are some scenes where Frances makes decisions more worthy of a teen in a Slasher film but her acting is generally convincing as are her motivations for linking up with Greta in the first place. Director and co-writer Neil Jordan delivers an intriguing Stalker-Thriller. 8/10.

Oooh. I had forgotten all about this. Ta for the reminder.

Not that you had posted it with the sole purpose of reminding me, but you know what I mean.

Last edited:
Creature from the Black Lagoon: Complete Legacy Collection Is up for pre order if anyone interested but they definitely don't need a 12 more like a pg and jaws should of stayed a pg.

Did you know that if you save your piss when you're on a mushroom trip and drink it after you've come down, you trip again? .. I expect it would also work if you drank someone else's mushroom piss but that would just be weird.

Yeah, Siberian Shaman are really into that!

Yeah, Siberian Shaman are really into that!
Yup .. people probably think I just makes this stuff up for lolz, I've never made a list but it works for a few organic psychedelics apparently. I've never drank piss to get a trip but I've always fancied the idea of licking an African river toad for it's psychoactive qualities for no other reason than .... because .. (what did you do last night? .. I agitated an African river frog by shaking it inside a box and then licked the opaque secretions from it's skin for an intense experience .. how about you? .. I watched Game Of Thrones)

Yup .. people probably think I just makes this stuff up for lolz, I've never made a list but it works for a few organic psychedelics apparently. I've never drank piss to get a trip but I've always fancied the idea of licking an African river toad for it's psychoactive qualities for no other reason than .... because .. (what did you do last night? .. I agitated an African river frog by shaking it inside a box and then licked the opaque secretions from it's skin for an intense experience .. how about you? .. I watched Game Of Thrones)

If you licked the toad, then watched Games of Thrones, then the programme might actually be good.

Don't those Arctic shamans only consume mushrooms after they've been pissed out by reindeer? I think the active ingredients need to be ingested to be activated. Also, in terms of drinking your own piss to recycle your 'shrooms, how many times can you do that? Does it weaken?

If you licked the toad, then watched Games of Thrones, then the programme might actually be good.

Don't those Arctic shamans only consume mushrooms after they've been pissed out by reindeer? I think the active ingredients need to be ingested to be activated. Also, in terms of drinking your own piss to recycle your 'shrooms, how many times can you do that? Does it weaken?
I don't know, I haven't tried it myself but have been present when someone drank there own mescaline piss and he was tripping hard.

Back