• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Horror Shorts

onetwothree

Sigils, Prosecco and crying are my main talents.
No, not a bad pair of fabric-starved trousers, but the myriad short horror films available online. One of my absolute favourite things to do on the weekend is sit down with a nice glass of wine and creep myself out.

Some of my favourites:
Lights Out . Obviously.
2am The Smiling Man
There Are Monsters Not the shorter version of this which cuts out one of the best scenes, IMO.
No Through Road

I'm always on the lookout for more and I seem to have seen almost every one available, so any recommendations for new ones would be gratefully received!

No, not a bad pair of fabric-starved trousers, but the myriad short horror films available online. One of my absolute favourite things to do on the weekend is sit down with a nice glass of wine and creep myself out.

Some of my favourites:
Lights Out . Obviously.
2am The Smiling Man
There Are Monsters Not the shorter version of this which cuts out one of the best scenes, IMO.
No Through Road

I'm always on the lookout for more and I seem to have seen almost every one available, so any recommendations for new ones would be gratefully received!
Great idea for a thread ... I'll try and track down some old and new favourites for this :cool:

Years ago I booked a last minute holiday to Greece and not possessing any shorts and the time of year being the height of summer naturally the shops were full of next seasons autumn stuff I decided to repurpose a pair of boxer shorts as shorts. I sewed up the port hole at the front and was very pleased with my efforts, brushing off my girlfriend's objections about gentleman's shorts having netting and that said feature was lacking in my Heath Robinson construction.

Cut to holiday and shorts are working as expected, extremely hot day and we'd planned to cycle between towns on the island, deciding instead to take the local bus due to the heat, I'm sat at the back on the bench seat that was slightly raised on a step. Gazing out of the window I am enjoying the view as we bump along the seemingly half finished road and pull to a stop at a rural bus stop and so engrossed am I in the view that I'm immune to the gasps of the old dear who has just joined the bus, my girlfriend less so, who realises with a shriek that a bump in the road has dislodged me and the lack of netting has caused me to air my views from the leg of said shorts.

A quick shuffle and a mumbled apology and my little soldier was put back in his barracks but a valuable lesson was learned.

A colleague as a teenager had a similar experience, falling asleep on his sunbed having slathered himself in Sun tan lotion whilst on holiday in foreign climes he also suffered from fall out from shorts sans net. His old chap rested in the direct glare for several hours so that when he awoke he did so in some discomfort as the end of his fella had blistered in the sun.

He spent the rest of his holiday laying on his back in his hotel room, his wounded soldier propped up.

Those are my two stories of horror shorts, I hope you'll take some caution from my tales.

Last edited:
Now, Heckler - what did I say? :crazy:

Thanks Swifty - there's plenty there for me to get stuck into! How exciting!

Now, Heckler - what did I say? :crazy:

Thanks Swifty - there's plenty there for me to get stuck into! How exciting!
Please make sure to post the creepiest ones you find here, I haven't even dented the surface of them yet ! ..

Good to have a Horror Short Film thread.

I haven't seen many since I got Netflix. Must return to Youtube to track some down.

Please make sure to post the creepiest ones you find here, I haven't even dented the surface of them yet ! ..

Had a quick look - there are LOADS! What a brilliant resource.

This is one of those short films that steps over the line, not so much because of content but because of intent and an interjection of inappropriate humour .. very twisted and dark although the acting's good .. I can't imagine the director ever using this in their portfolio .. you've been warned.

I better get stocked up on the ol' wine for tomorrow. Thank goodness I didn't start this thread on a Monday.

Bloody hell, Swifty! I just watched that - twist on a scene in Notting Hill. Clever, but also so disturbing.

ETA: Hyperthermia was sad! :tears:

Last edited:
I like horror shorts!

The original Mama short with an intro by Del Toro:

The Birch

The Moonlight Man:

And Emily Booth's Selkie (with a little bit of adult stuff in there):

Christ, that MAMA just proper shit me up! LOL

Thank you! That's one I know and love well. I especially love films about social media. The Den is one of my absolute favourites (although not a short).

I like the way this was filmed, but the female character was bloody awful.
I'm not a huge fan of vampire films but I appreciated the dig at the 'glitter vampire' Twilight series.

The most unrealistic part of the whole thing was the fact that she had a hardback book in her bag. No-one does that. :p

Back