• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Horror Shorts

I remember that too - it's a classic.

The Twilight Zone - Examination Day

A magic photocopier .. spot the stars ..

Last edited:
Just watched this really good short film called The Runner. The writer Benjamin Peel‎ shared it over on the Folk Horror Revival Facebook group. It's been selected for next month's Fear in the Fens Festival at Downham Market, Norfolk.

Guillermo del Toro Wants You to Watch the Freaky Horror Short ‘The Cat With Hands’

Directed by Robert Morgan, this particular short was actually uploaded to YouTube ten years ago, in May 2009, but Guillermo del Toro just exposed it to a whole new audience by sharing it over on Twitter this past weekend. He wrote, “Prepare to be chilled to the bone by The Cat With Hands… a great HORROR short.”

In the chilling short, a man relays a story about a young boy who once came upon, well, a cat with human hands. The bizarre beast, it seems, desires to become human…

https://bloody-disgusting.com/video...ro-wants-watch-freaky-horror-short-cat-hands/

Guillermo del Toro Wants You to Watch the Freaky Horror Short ‘The Cat With Hands’

Directed by Robert Morgan, this particular short was actually uploaded to YouTube ten years ago, in May 2009, but Guillermo del Toro just exposed it to a whole new audience by sharing it over on Twitter this past weekend. He wrote, “Prepare to be chilled to the bone by The Cat With Hands… a great HORROR short.”

In the chilling short, a man relays a story about a young boy who once came upon, well, a cat with human hands. The bizarre beast, it seems, desires to become human…

https://bloody-disgusting.com/video...ro-wants-watch-freaky-horror-short-cat-hands/
More of that sort of thing Ramon but this time two blokes eating their clothes .. FOOD by Jan Svankmajer

I've just enjoyed this one .. it's more Twilight Zone than balls out horror

I haven't checked out any of these youtube channels yet but a good friend's recommended them to me for horror shorts:

Screamfest
Crypt TV
Altar Horror
Bloody Cuts

Last edited:
Just watched this really good short film called The Runner. The writer Benjamin Peel‎ shared it over on the Folk Horror Revival Facebook group. It's been selected for next month's Fear in the Fens Festival at Downham Market, Norfolk.

Stacey Gough was Tommy in Snatch.

More from the Backrooms

Last edited:
Watched Hellarious last night on Prime video.
It's a compilation of 7 horror shorts averaging 12 minutes each.
Not really a horror anthology, like the classic 70s ones, as there's no link between the stories.
The emphasis is also very much on black humour, verging on silliness (a carnivorous shopping trolley, really?).
Pick of the bunch for me were the Johnny Depp-obsessed lunch ladies and the curious twist on the old werewolf theme.
The world's most inept satanists were also quite entertaining. The rest of the shorts were a bit meh.
Gorey as hell (no pun intended) and just about worth a watch if you like your horror to be mixed with a hefty dollop of comedy.
6/10.

horror.png

Who knows if the backrooms situation/project was ever contained? .. nightmare fuel

Watched The Taunting (2021) last night on Prime, which, on run-time, certainly qualifies as a horror short.
Only thing is, after the first couple of minutes, you'll realise that it's more of a parody/black comedy than a horror.
Four, self-centred friends spend the weekend at a creepy old B&B, seemingly oblivious to the supernatural events unfolding around them.
It's filmed, fairly effectively, in black and white and crams quite a few horror clichés into its 43 minute run time.
The guy playing the host steals the show, with his growing frustration that his plans to teach the crass and oblivious guests a lesson come to nothing.
It doesn't overrun its welcome and there were a couple of chuckles along the way, but the minuscule budget is painfully obvious. If you don't expect too much, you may enjoy it.
Oh and the skeleton hands in the publicity image do make an appearance (repeatedly).
Maybe a 5.5/10 from me.

taunt.png
taunt.png

Last edited:
Watched The Taunting (2021) last night on Prime, which, on run-time, certainly qualifies as a horror short.
Only thing is, after the first couple of minutes, you'll realise that it's more of a parody/black comedy than a horror.
Four, self-centred friends spend the weekend at a creepy old B&B, seemingly oblivious to the supernatural events unfolding around them.
It's filmed, fairly effectively, in black and white and crams quite a few horror clichés into its 43 minute run time.
The guy playing the host steals the show, with his growing frustration that his plans to teach the crass and oblivious guests a lesson come to nothing.
It doesn't overrun its welcome and there were a couple of chuckles along the way, but the minuscule budget is painfully obvious. If you don't expect too much, you may enjoy it.
Oh and the skeleton hands in the publicity image do make an appearance (repeatedly).
Maybe a 5.5/10 from me.

View attachment 68048View attachment 68047
Great, I'll look out for that. :twothumbs:

I expect a short fillum with a minuscule budget to show me some expert acting and snappy dialogue.
Old-fashioned, I know, but that's me. ;)

Saw La Cabina just once on TV as a teenager in the '70s, possibly when it was quite new.

Used to tell it as a creepy story to my kids so I could point out telephone boxes and say 'D'you think that one will be taken away with someone in it?' :thought:

Probably gave them all phobias. It wouldn't have helped that I always wedged the doors of those stinky 'phone boxes open with my foot. :chuckle:

I eventually found La Cabina on YouTube or wherever and showed them, possibly traumatising the poor lambs all over again.

Back