How Are You Spending Valentines Day?

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Went out after work last night to find a card and fortunately got to the stationers just before it closed. Nothing special today, but we're going for a meal at a fancy hotel on Saturday night.

Daughter has a cold & we're looking after a niece while her father is away on work, so it's not a prime romance zone here this morning.

escargot

Beloved of Ra
We're both working and as I finish at 9pm there's no hope of a romantic dinner together.

However, yesterday I did secure an outstanding gift for him (as described on the Tat You've Bought thread or whatever it's called) and he is still reeling from its magnificence so surely that counts.

James_H

And I like to roam the land
My partner is a Barcelonina, and they don't do Valentines Day (which is fine by me). What Catalans do celebrate, in April, is St Jordi - which is a bit like Valentines day, only with books! A much better idea.

(See bottom of page here for brief description.)
In China they have something called singles day, a recent invention by a businessman, which is the single biggest shopping day of the year worldwide.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
I'm thinking about marinating our steaks for tonight. Has anyone got any good suggestions?

Iris

Justified & Ancient
I rather like the honey soy and garlic marinade but you can just use the honey soy if you don't like the garlic.