• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

How To See Ghosts At Home!

brilliant! a bit like Pokemon Go :)

Please post excerpts of the techniques which work. :D

Please post excerpts of the techniques which work. :D
My younger brother and I read a book about ghost-hunting techniques and tried them out. One was sprinkling talcum powder on the floor to reveal possible spectral footprints.

When our mother caught us we nearly ended up as ghosts ourselves. :eek:

My younger brother and I read a book about ghost-hunting techniques and tried them out. One was sprinkling talcum powder on the floor to reveal possible spectral footprints.

When our mother caught us we nearly ended up as ghosts ourselves. :eek:
You should of said you were both dancing to Northern Soul ;)

I think Dr Richard Wiseman employed a similar afterimage technique in his 'Paranormality' book - and with the same intent in 'proving' that ghosts can't possibly exist, because he can make you think you've seen one using science.

Staring hard at a monochromatic image for thirty seconds and then turning your gaze to a neutral wall does indeed produce a brief retinal afterimage transfer, so technically you have indeed persuaded your brain to 'see' something that isn't there.

However, until Dr Wiseman can refine this technique further to remove the need to stare at anything while also making it appear that a full-body figure is walking up some stairs, or physically throw stuff horizontally across a room, or is able to give me quite a hard shove, then I'm reserving the right to suggest that this might not be a holistic explanation of paranormal experience...

Staring hard at a monochromatic image for thirty seconds and then turning your gaze to a neutral wall does indeed produce a brief retinal afterimage transfer, so technically you have indeed persuaded your brain to 'see' something that isn't there.
Coincidentally, this is what I have been contemplating since seeing the elderly lady in my house. If you've been looking at say a newsreader or another static image on the telly and then move your eyes to a blank wall your eyes seem to retain the image for a few seconds. The tv's light source seems to make a more vivid and detailed image than any other source. The ghost (or whatever) I saw was similar to this but somewhat more distinct and the lady moved, but the image lasted as long as the telly image type of experience. Would suggest to me that light plays some sort of contribution to "seeing" ghosts.

Back