How's The Weather Outside Today?

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Rain, rain, more rain.

Looking at the BBC weather site, I see today's and tomorrow's forecast say no let-up until late tomorrow afternoon.

Till then it is chance of rain: 94 to 100% every single hour! :glum:

Last edited:

INT21

Antediluvian
Escargot,

I can almost hear you saying (with appropriate disdain) 'Actually, my dear, it's 'Chumley, not Chol mon deley''

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Escargot,

I can almost hear you saying (with appropriate disdain) 'Actually, my dear, it's 'Chumley, not Chol mon deley''
Oh YUSS. Cholmondeley Castle isn't far away. They have plum trees there, used to take my kids to pick fruit and we'd all eat loads and have explosive diarrhoea. Happy days.

skinny

Class of 1984
Cold here. Real wintery all week.

Take care those of you in mid and north Inglan. Don't forget your floaties.

INT21

Antediluvian
Cold (2.5C) damp and grey.

Daughter went hiking on Whernside (sic ?) and reported very cold wind and some snow.

When it was pointed out that her weather app' had predicted snow her response was ' it said after 6 PM'.

There are time I think she must be someone else's.

brownmane

off kilter
We may have freezing rain or ice pellets later this evening. Or might not. The weather forecasters aren't sure where exactly this might hit. It's a storm system coming up from Texas - just a little ways away.:actw:

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Showers later today and no one is complaining. They're due to increase to rain tomorrow with heavy rain forecast for Saturday and Sunday. With drought and fires the topic of conversation for months now, it'll be nice to have something else to talk about.

skinny

Class of 1984
We may have freezing rain or ice pellets later this evening. Or might not. The weather forecasters aren't sure where exactly this might hit. It's a storm system coming up from Texas - just a little ways away.:actw:
Whereish in Ontario, brownmane?

skinny

Class of 1984
^ brrrrrrrr
My focus has been all over that part of the planet recently. Fargo on TV, Maria Bamford (Duluth MN - I love her), Thunder Bay ice crawls on Youtube, etc.

I have a friend in Winnipeg I hope to visit one day. She told me all about the 2 metre snows and the northern windchills. Think I might do it in July.

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
I have been out-of-doors all week, supervising boys' football. The weather has been benign for February - only one, brief shower on Monday.

Today, it was positively balmy with unclouded sunshine throughout the day, the temperature dropping quickly at sunset. :)