How's The Weather Outside Today?

Schrodinger's Zebra

Waiting and watching and seeking a sign..
In the middle of a thunderstorm now.
We had some thunder and lightning yesterday too :) accompanied by some quite heavy rain. It was nice and refreshing. I used to be afraid of thunder when I was younger but I quite like it now. Unfortunately where we live we don't get it all that often if at all.

(We were elsewhere yesterday so I don't know if the thunderstorm would have actually gone over our house).

brownmane

Ephemeral Spectre
I hate to complain about the summer days. Today was beautiful...don't know the temperature, but it's humid. Here in southwestern Ontario, it seemed to go from 10C with rain to 30c and humid with heat warnings in a couple of weeks.. Winter is always too long and summer zips by. But I did have a nice day out with a friend.

I did put in a new central air system and have been waiting to see if it works. Yessss. :)

skinny

Antediluvian
11C - feels like 9C. Cool breeze. First sunshine since Friday. Quite nice. I may even get out of bed some time. Been lovely lying in and catching up on my sleep after a huge party for two on Saturday where it was absolutely chucking it down all night. I don't remember Sunday but was cold and gloomy whenever I cracked a lid.

Enjoy the sunshine you northerners. It does you the world of good. Get yourself a sexy hat and live it up.

skinny

Antediluvian
No. It's a verbatumism. We shared precious moments all evening, my friend and I while the rain she hammered down.

skinny

Antediluvian
We built a playlist of our favourite dance tunes on her spotify thing and got busy on the linoleum. We were happy like a couple of kids again. Outside; cold wet. Inside; hot sweat.

skinny

Antediluvian
I always fail to recall that you're not in England. China does get proper hot. Enjoy.

escargot

Beloved of Ra
34°C, very strong sunshine. Didn't last long outside.

EDIT:

Photo. The city in the distance is ShenZhen.
Strangely, I looked at this page from the last post upwards and saw the photo before reading your text above it, and I thought 'That's ShenZhen!'
It's not a place I know anything about. You must have mentioned it before, though I didn't know it was your post.

James_H

And I like to roam the land
Strangely, I looked at this page from the last post upwards and saw the photo before reading your text above it, and I thought 'That's ShenZhen!'
It's not a place I know anything about. You must have mentioned it before, though I didn't know it was your post.
I think I mention it a lot because I live nearby - in fact exactly as close as you can see in the photo. It's a sharp border between the rural Hong Kong side and skyscrapers.

escargot

Beloved of Ra
I think I mention it a lot because I live nearby - in fact exactly as close as you can see in the photo. It's a sharp border between the rural Hong Kong side and skyscrapers.
Yup, that'll be it. Hmmm, I seem to have absorbed a lot about you! :oops:
We do back a long way though. ;)

skinny

Antediluvian
I recognise it as well as any, James. That was pretty much my view from suburban Seoul for the first two months of my first tour of duty. In the summer.

The winter scenery was white and very light brown. Everywhere. Same scene tho. I'm starting to feel a minor tug on the desires.

dr wu

Doctor Prog
Still hot ,but then it's that time of year...should reach about 90 today.....still sticky and humid.

dr wu

Doctor Prog
Gonna be hot the whole July 4th holiday....AC and beer inside...I guess....or sit under a big old shade tree.
:)

skinny

Antediluvian
Gonna be hot the whole July 4th holiday....AC and beer inside...I guess....or sit under a big old shade tree.
:)
Aircon in the bar all day, then out for cool evening fireworks.

May The 4th be with you and all our American friends.

Kingsize Wombat

Abominable Snowman
34°C, very strong sunshine. Didn't last long outside.

EDIT:

Photo. The city in the distance is ShenZhen.
I've been to ShenZhen. Had one of the great Saturday nights of my life there. Amazing night life full of beautiful young people. German beer on tap, great food, what more could you want? But it was just after a Typhoon had swept through and cleared the air. That sure helped.

16C, and rain approaching here. getting to a low of 9C at night. I shouldn't complain, but that feels quite cold to me.

Last edited:

skinny

Antediluvian
About to trek uphill to frosty heights for a clear night and a new moon. No escargot jokes!

Currently about 10 here at home. Expecting something like 3 or 4 up in the hills tonight. Got a spare rug this time. And some gloves.
Toodle pip.