How's The Weather Outside Today?

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
We're sprawled under our giant pub garden umbrella, BNIB, £2 from t'car booty in the winter. For some reason I keep fancying an Erdinger beer...

We have another, smaller one that's quite old. Last week I made them each a fitted cover from a raincoat. Stops them blowing away when they're folded up at night.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Just now I was looking at coolboxes online, then suddenly remembered that I already have one!

It is now next to me out here in the garden, full of tonic water and fruit juice. Later there may be beer and cider.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
Hottest June day since 1958 here: a smidgen over 35°C.

Bright side: monsoon and epic storms coming first.
The monsoon arrived yesterday: about 36-hrs of continual rain.

I find the onset an inexplicably joyful event, though no doubt in a couple of weeks I'll be slugging scotch and mournfully contemplating my razor in the bathroom mirror.

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
Its been sticky all day, especially in the 7 year old van which has done 187,000 miles and pretty much nothing works like it should.
No air con.
The 'cold' setting on the blowers is still hot, but not quite as hot as actually putting it on 'hot', but not by much.
One window doesn't wind down.
The drivers seat has been pummelled into submission by some big fatso which used to drive it, so now its a flat pancake of unsupportive squashed foam and fabric.
The steering wheel is a mess of sticky crumbling plastic.
An absolute charm to drive when the temp is low 30s.

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Reaction score
...aaaaand that's that over with then.

It was 25 degrees when I got up this morning at 7am, and it's gradually clouded over and got colder as the day has gone on. It's about 17 now.

We did have a massive thunderstorm at 4am though.

Coypu

Um 121 The element of confusion.....298.17
Reaction score
Still 30 degrees, the clouds are slowly building so with any luck I won't have to water the garden this evening.:thought:

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
:D
Still 30 degrees, the clouds are slowly building so with any luck I won't have to water the garden this evening.:thought:
We had a right downpour this morning. Later i saw Techy watering the garden with the hose.

I told him 'When you've finished that, the AstroTurf needs cutting!'

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
It is raining sweat. At least it has stopped the neighbour who's been using the chainsaw since 8 am..

Kryptonite

Vague Apparition
Reaction score
Torrential rain here today. The neighbour's cat looked even more pissed off than usual when it emerged from under a car when the rain stopped for a few minutes.

Vardoger

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Cloudy and 11 degrees Celsius in Oslo. Rain is expected within a few hours. It's autumn in July.

Meanwhile in Northern Norway. Not too bad actually.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Showers and high winds here in the Cheshire Gap. Techy reckons he's going for a bike ride after tea. Yeah.

IamSundog

Not insane
Reaction score
It was 108 on both Saturday and Sunday this past weekend. That’s 42 to you guys. A bit warm even for west Texas.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
Abrupt cloudbursts and sudden rain warnings for the region this morning.

As it happens, all we got was a wet afternoon, but unusually, it has done nothing to dissipate the miasma of low pressure that envelops you as soon as you step outside.

The wind has just picked up markedly and I can hear it whistling between the apartment blocks.

Something big's in the offing.

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
22% chance of rain today, I checked twice this morning - it has rained solidly for six and a half hours, Wendover Woods was pitch black because of the tree canopy and me and my ice cream still got soaked. Looking out of my window I see a double rainbow but only one is picked up by the camera. I go outside in the rain and get a glorious view in technicolour, only one is picked up by the camera. Go back to my chair and there are two rainbows - double vision ?

Rainbow_0883.jpg

Patrick30

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
Hot and humid AF. Fortunately it rains sometimes. Small evening thunderstorm brewing now.

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Reaction score
Cold and rainy. Raining since yesterday afternoon, and rain set until Tuesday.

Coypu

Um 121 The element of confusion.....298.17
Reaction score
33 Degrees in the shade and climbing, so warm I've taken my cardi off....:tumble: