How's The Weather Outside Today?

Sunny with a warm northerly breeze. I can't believe how mild it is. I've opened up all the doors and windows to blow the cold out. Magnificent day.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
It is a stunning night.

Ordinarily I hurry home after work on Fridays, but as Mrs and Miss Yith are away without me I've gone for a wander through the park on my way to the beer emporium.

The air is totally still with no discernible rise or fall in temperature as I left the building, and now the slenderest crescent of an orange moon hangs lazily in the sky. I didn't realise it was the moon at first glance.

You can feel a slight pressure in the air and hear bugs whirring about beneath the cowls of the streetlamps. There'll be rain in the night, I'm sure.

Half the city seems to be ambling around unhurriedly in the mauve and amber haze of the light pollution.

INT21

Antediluvian
A bit mixed. Cloudy then becoming overcast as bands of cloud pass through.

Cooler, slight breeze and the impression it could rain any moment.

Still dry though.

And the bats are back. I like to see them flitting around the trees.

INT21.

GingerTabby

Carbon-based life form
The temperature this afternoon was 42 degrees Celsius, humidex included. Another power failure at the office left us in the dark for about twenty minutes around noon. When power was restored the lights and computers worked properly but the HVAC system did not. After about two hours the air became so stuffy that management let us go home. This was a repeat of last week's scenario.

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
It is dark and cooler, nice, I am not a Summer person, the heat drains me

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
You know that yellowish hue is due to plutonium blowing in from nuclear test sites in Manchu-quo, don't you?
Manchu-quo would make it time-travelling dust as it doesn't exist any more!

If you're referring to Hwang-sa (yellow dust), we had the worst spring I recall here this year, but now it's beautiful.

The kind I like is the dusty-lane type that eddies around your heels as the 아지랑이 (convection haze?) shimmers in the distance.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Manchu-quo would make it time-travelling dust as it doesn't exist any more!

If you're referring to Hwang-sa (yellow dust), we had the worst spring I recall here this year, but now it's beautiful.

The kind I like is the dusty-lane type that eddies around your heels as the 아지랑이 (convection haze?) shimmers in the distance.
Isn't that the same yellow dust (loess) that causes the Yellow River to be yellow?

Ulalume

tart of darkness
Ugh, another heat alert today. We've had so many already, thanks to the humidity. It's been a horribly humid summer so far.

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Overcast. And either it's raining or the cats are playing with someone's hosepipe.

Blowing a gale here at my parents' house on the coast. Cold wind and rain for the next week or so. All good. I'm on England time until the end of The Ashes in September. Sleep off the jetlag.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Waiting for a massive, all-night thunderstorm here. Chances of sleep: troubled.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Sat out in t'garden, forecast says 'light showers', it's dry. Then the light showers start, and I ask Google what the weather's like, and it tells me firmly, many times, that it is NOT raining here.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
It's been cool with a light breeze all day in Cromer .. not too bright, not too anything .. perfect for me.

IamSundog

Not insane
OK OK the truck had been sitting for a few minutes. After I drove a a few miles the thermometer stabilized at 104.