• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Hull werewolf

What was a shepherd from Germany doing in Hull?

Daft jokes aside, has someone reported a dog missing?

That werewolf must have absolutely massive jaws if it can hold an Alsatian in them.

Also I'd like to know more about what this 'hunt' entailed.

I'm sure that I read something in one of the Bord's books a few years back about how weird sightings happen around straight lines in the landscape, which is what these drains are. I walk my dog along Holderness drain, about a mile or so to the east of Barmy, but as a pup he wouldn't go near it. And he's a working Springer who loves to swim.

There was a report a few years ago of a 'puma or lion' on the banks of Burstwick drain, which runs through Hedon into the Hedon Haven.

THis may sound silly but I made a wish that Hull would have it's own monster. Now it seems to have come true. :) Just saying.

This story has made the rounds out here. So has anyone determined what it is? It must make tracks or leave bite marks on the unfortunate prey. Maybe police dogs can track it.

As something to contribute, the fictional "shape-shifter" that is man into wolf is not a medical possibility from the perspective of this one medical professional: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110326130157AAJZauT

Still I guess there's some thrill in believing there is.

Back