• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Human Trafficking Hotel

mariposacibernetico

Fresh Blood
So, I just saw a terrifying thread about a woman's experience in a hotel in Washington DC that sounds like an old-school urban legend come to life.

A man claiming to be from housekeeping tried to break into her room at 1AM, and the hotel staff acted like it was a normal occurance when she told them about it. The guy had a key to unlock the door, but it was also kept closed by a doorstop, which made him shout angrily, demanding she open the door (which she didn't). She also mentions being watched by suspicious people outside the hotel upon her arrival, and there are online reviews from other guests of the same hotel describing similar events being experienced or witnessed.

The thread is here, warning for anyone who might be upset by detailed descriptions of situations involving risk of kidnapping/stalking/violence.

Sorry if this isn't considered strange enough for this forum, but like I said, the idea of a hotel that's a front for a human trafficking ring does sound like a classic urban legend from the early days of the internet.

So, I just saw a terrifying thread about a woman's experience in a hotel in Washington DC that sounds like an old-school urban legend come to life.

A man claiming to be from housekeeping tried to break into her room at 1AM, and the hotel staff acted like it was a normal occurance when she told them about it. The guy had a key to unlock the door, but it was also kept closed by a doorstop, which made him shout angrily, demanding she open the door (which she didn't). She also mentions being watched by suspicious people outside the hotel upon her arrival, and there are online reviews from other guests of the same hotel describing similar events being experienced or witnessed.

The thread is here, warning for anyone who might be upset by detailed descriptions of situations involving risk of kidnapping/stalking/violence.

Sorry if this isn't considered strange enough for this forum, but like I said, the idea of a hotel that's a front for a human trafficking ring does sound like a classic urban legend from the early days of the internet.

Swifty has a Trip Advisor thread about this.

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/the-trip-advisor-thread.61271/

I was being sarcastic and did an in-joke. We love people who turn up and post stuff. So what do you know about this?

What makes it more confusing, too, is how some people like Harvey Weinstein, Jeffrey Epstein, Peter Nygard and R. Kelly managed to get away with exploiting, raping and trafficking minors for so long. Their wealth and prestige are the front, and the danger is real. But sometimes a decent-paying part time job is just a decent-paying part time job.

The Twitter thread starts off reasonably, but soon degenerates into ALL!!!! CAPS!!!!, and mentions of several other men watching her suspiciously. Luckily she had MULTIPLE WEAPONS!!!

My opinion? She has issues other than men trying to break into her room.

maximus otter

Derailing the thread a little, sorry -
What makes it more confusing, too, is how some people like Harvey Weinstein, Jeffrey Epstein, Peter Nygard and R. Kelly managed to get away with exploiting, raping and trafficking minors for so long. Their wealth and prestige are the front, and the danger is real. But sometimes a decent-paying part time job is just a decent-paying part time job.

Indeed. What the above celebrities all have in common is not only that they had the wealth and prestige, they could pick on powerless and often vulnerable victims who were disbelieved or ignored when they reported the abuse.

We have a thread on how Jimmy Savile got away with this.

The same process protected the late former MP Greville Janner -

(Safe BBC News link)

Lord Janner: Police shut down MP child abuse investigations

Professor Alexis Jay, chairman of the inquiry, said police and prosecutors "appeared reluctant to fully investigate" claims against Lord Janner despite "numerous serious allegations".

"On multiple occasions police put too little emphasis on looking for supporting evidence and shut down investigations without pursuing all outstanding inquiries," she said.

"This inquiry has brought up themes we are now extremely familiar with, such as deference to powerful individuals, the barriers to reporting faced by children and the need for institutions to have clear policies and procedures setting out how to respond to allegations of child sexual abuse."

:mad:

Anyway, as you were.

To me, a white Englishwoman in my 60s, this sounds farfetched (I don't mean unbelievable, just outrageous) but the context is that, as Maya says,

DC is one of the leading human trafficking cities in the country. When black girls go missing no one gives AF about us.

That's really chilling. I will read more about it.

I believe abducting you from your hotel room is the common modus operandi in South America, but for kidnappings rather than trafficking.

Back