• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Humanity Is In Danger, It Is Evil Itself

charliebrown

Justified & Ancient
In 2016, 86 year old Buzz Aldrin( second man on moon) went to Antarctica to promote a push to Mars.

At elevation level 9,000 feet he could not breathe and had to be emergency air lifted to New Zealand.

For a short period of time before it was deleted, Buzz tweeted a picture he took of a pyramid and called it pure evil.

Antarctica has a population of 5,000 scientists and 80 countries represented.

I ask why all the interest in Antarctica?

In 2016, 86 year old Buzz Aldrin( second man on moon) went to Antarctica to promote a push to Mars.

At elevation level 9,000 feet he could not breathe and had to be emergency air lifted to New Zealand.

For a short period of time before it was deleted, Buzz tweeted a picture he took of a pyramid and called it pure evil.

Antarctica has a population of 5,000 scientists and 80 countries represented.

I ask why all the interest in Antarctica?
1604442030311.png

:dunno:
Looks just like a pyramidal rock.

The peak pictured in the alleged tweet is apparently Pyramid Peak:
Description
A prominent pyramidal peak about 2590m high, situated on the Polar Plateau, north of Sphinx Peak, it is one of a group of peaks which represent the Sphinx and the Pyramid. Named by the Northern Party of the NZFMCAE, 1962-63, on account of its distinctive characteristic form.
https://adam.antarcticanz.govt.nz/nodes/view/21649

Here's the original photo that was included with the alleged tweet.

PyramidPeak-Antarctica.jpg

You can even buy an art print of the original photo:

https://www.art.com/products/p14281...s-by-windblown-pyramid-peak-in-antarctica.htm

If you compare the original photo with the version included in the alleged tweet you'll see that the tweeted version has been manipulated (the width-to-height ratio has been reduced to make the peak appear narrower and sharper).

This and other symmetrical peaks are examples of glacial horns (aka nunataks) - peaks once buried beneath ice caps and shaped by glacial erosion. Nunataks aren't all that rare, and there are multiple examples to be found in Antarctica.

Anyway ...

The image of the alleged tweet is a fake.

It's missing elements that were canonical components of any tweet as of 2016. It didn't appear until almost a week after Aldrin was evacuated from the South Pole Station (where he fell victim to altitude sickness within a couple of hours following arrival), and Aldrin has never claimed to have sent it.

It seems to have originated on the now-defunct SuperStation95 website, and the second site where it was first presented (BeforeItsNews) relied on the SuperStation95 posting as its only source.

For more on the debunking of this image of a tweet that apparently never existed and the reasons why the whole story doesn't add up, see:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/buzz-aldrin-tweeted-we-are-all-in-danger-it-is-evil-itself/

Last edited:
I would find the word of someone suffering altitude sickness to be unreliable.

Reading the thread title in a way perhaps not meant by the OP, I found myself half-agreeing; Humanity can be evil itself, and we are in danger - from ourselves!

Back