• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Humans can lick too

MaxMolyneux

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
:shock: Nice read, brutal legend if it's true. What would be the proper story if theres different variations. :?

A young teenage girl lived at home with her mother, father and her much loved pet dog.

Being 16 years old her parents decided that she was now old enough to be left alone without a minder while they went out for the evening. Although there was some concern about leaving a young girl in a house all by herself, they knew she was sensible and would behave. And besides, she did have the pet Alsatian dog to look after her and keep her company.

The parents left for the night, leaving Emergency phone numbers and supplies for the night. The girl was thrilled to be spending her first night alone in her parents house and mainly watched TV until 11.00 rolled round.

Deciding she was tired she moved upstairs to her comfy bedroom to retire for the night. Her trusty Alsatian dog following her all the time.

After being asleep for a short time she awoke to a dripping noise coming from the bathroom. Not afraid, but curious as to what the noise was she lowered her hand down beside her bed to gain a little comfort from the Alsatian. She felt the warmth of his soft tongue as he licked her hand, showing her that he was O.K and that everything would be alright. Feeling assured she drifted off to sleep once more.

Waking once again to the sounds of the dripping tap, or whatever it was, in the bathroom she instinctively dropped her hand down to pet her dog. Once again her dog offered up the loyal companionship that only a much trusted and loved pet can, and licked her hand and she once again fell asleep.

For the last time she woke up again, that annoying noise was still going, she reached for her dog but found he wasn't there. Wondering where her parents were at this time of night (it was about 3.30am by this time) and looking for her dog she walked out into the bathroom.

A horrifying sight met her, the dog had been mutilated and was creating the dripping noise, as blood slowly fell and pooled on the floor below. Screaming she ran back through the house and attempted to call the police. The phone was dead, and she turned to suddenly see her parents also mutilated behind her. Her screams could be heard as she looked down at a note written in blood, it read:
"Humans Can Lick Too My Beautiful".

She then runs madly for the stairs only to see a black figure waiting with open arms to catch her.

Variations on this story:

The girl is baby sitting some children for the night, she walks outside to throw out the garbage. The parents have left the home pleading with the young babysitter to beware if the air sirens sound as this is warning that a criminal has escaped from the local asylum.

While throwing out the trash the siren sounds, the girl runs inside locking the doors and windows. She takes comfort from the dog licking her hand on the couch. Same ending.

Written on bathroom mirror beside dog is "Maniacs like hands".

She views long haired, insane type man under her bed when lightning flashes as she is petting him. After police arrive they find he was living in his own room in the attic.

Girl ends up being pulled under the bed by maniac and killed.

http://www.castleofspirits.com/humans.html

Would one mistake a Human lick for that of an Alsatian?

I throw that question out.

I've heard this UL before, many times, but in a different variation. The one I heard, it was a college girl or something. The basic details are the same, however. Mutilated dog, humans can lick too.

Another point of dubiousness: The dripping of blood disturbs her sleep yet her parents and dog are mutilated heavily without an audible sound?

She thinks it's a tap first but yeah it is dubious of the killings. Maybe he slit the dogs throat first, she hears dripping blood which she thinks is a tap so he licks her hand to reassure her. Then slits the parents throats silently then cuts them up worse maybe? Thing is if the dog heard a noise it'd be barking it's head off before it got killed.

From that link:

Snopes said:
Proving that even modern legends can have much older roots, the "licked hand" motif shows up in an 11 August 1871 diary entry penned in England by one Dearman Birchall:

"Croquet party . . . [One of the guests] told of a clergyman who was aroused in the middle of the night by his wife who said 'John, dear, I am sure there is a robber under the bed, I hear him moving. Do get up and see.' John replied, 'Oh its only the Newfoundland dog. I just put my hand out and he licked it'. Next morning all the jewellery and many other effects had disappeared."

Though in this 1900 version the grisly murder is missing, once again the lurking miscreant escapes detection by pretending to be the dog by licking the suspicious party's hand and thus providing reassurement that all is well.

Top researching Snopes!

11 August 1871 diary entry penned in England by one Dearman Birchall:

which supports the cliche..........

'nothing changes,just re-arranges'

The parents have left the home pleading with the young babysitter to beware if the air sirens sound as this is warning that a criminal has escaped from the local asylum.

Oh for gods sake someone forgot to lock the cells again! Quick sound the specially purpose built siren that informs the local people that they better be on the look out! chuckle chuckle.

it is interesting that in the old version they get robbed and in the newer version everyone is hacked up. Once more we see the 'be scared stay at home' propaganda now in juicey folk tale shocker 10% off when you also order the new 'electrified' window braces with all chrome rain water filter handy for that inevitable chemical bomb attack.... sorry 'got carried away there.

I reckon either tale is highly unlikely (which doesn't mean it didn't happen, right kids!) Why would the killer kill the dog which was by the bed then the parents then the girl, very tricky that (which isn't to say that it didn't happen that way, right kids!)

MaxMolyneux said:
Depends on how thick the tongue is maybe?

Nah, the texture is completely different. Dogs' tongues are fairly smooth.

Longer and wider too on bigger dogs. Probably because she felt a lick and only thought her dog would do that.

Rubyait said:
Oh for gods sake someone forgot to lock the cells again! Quick sound the specially purpose built siren that informs the local people that they better be on the look out! chuckle chuckle.

You might mock it, but that bit has some basis in fact.
I grew up in Berkshire, not far from Bracknell. Not far away, in Crowthorne, is Broadmoor high-security prison and asylum.
Broadmoor prison has a very loud air-raid siren that is tested at 10 am every Monday morning. If it goes off at any other time, that means that one of the prisoners has escaped.

Oh it obviously has a purpose, it was just the image it created in my head that made me laugh. I could just picture the mother speaking to her kids..

'im just off down the shops dear to get some milk, i should be able to get back before a lunatic breaks free and goes on another murder spree'

Rubyait said:
Oh it obviously has a purpose, it was just the image it created in my head that made me laugh. I could just picture the mother speaking to her kids..

'im just off down the shops dear to get some milk, i should be able to get back before a lunatic breaks free and goes on another murder spree'

Wonder all a killer would do that without making a noise though since there was supposed to be a dog in the legend?

Rubyait said:
Oh for gods sake someone forgot to lock the cells again! Quick sound the specially purpose built siren that informs the local people that they better be on the look out!

This brings to mind the shortsightedness of the mental hospital staff in another urban legend, The Escaped Killer With a Hook for a Hand. Ok, I can see how a dangerous homicidal maniac might escape from an asylum. But wouldn't the staff have had the foresight to, you know, at least take his friggin' hook away from him sometime during the early commitment stage?

MaxMolyneux said:
Rubyait said:

Wonder all a killer would do that without making a noise though since there was supposed to be a dog in the legend?

I was only joking, im not sure i know what you mean though.

Wonder if he killed the dog first because if it heard the parents being killed then it would let off a bark.

Probablyjust kept going back to her bedroom everytime he made a noise to lick her hand. :lol:

I heard this story when I was in primary school - we used to get together near dusk at the swing-park at the end of my street (which used to be surrounded by fields, but now has an industrial estate an a huge sports complex there) to try and spook each other out by telling scary stories.

In our version, it was an old woman living alone (possibly the same old woman doing th jigsaw in another old UL - if so, what an unlucky old woman!)

Creamstick1 said:
I heard this story when I was in primary school - we used to get together near dusk at the swing-park at the end of my street (which used to be surrounded by fields, but now has an industrial estate an a huge sports complex there) to try and spook each other out by telling scary stories.

In our version, it was an old woman living alone (possibly the same old woman doing th jigsaw in another old UL - if so, what an unlucky old woman!)

So an old woman was getting licked by the killer too?

Mythopoeika said:
Rubyait said:

You might mock it, but that bit has some basis in fact.
I grew up in Berkshire, not far from Bracknell. Not far away, in Crowthorne, is Broadmoor high-security prison and asylum.
Broadmoor prison has a very loud air-raid siren that is tested at 10 am every Monday morning. If it goes off at any other time, that means that one of the prisoners has escaped.

I grew up near there too & remember the Broadmoor siren 10.00am Monday mornings.
It even featured in the song 'Sound of the Suburbs' by The Members.

erm, if everyone died how did they have such an in depth storie about it??? sounds like a load of bull to me.

Back