Votes: 13 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • What's a GSOH?

Votes: 18 24.3%

• Total voters

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
I'm sure that's also part of folklore .. cats stealing people's breath while they sleep I mean ..

At the risk of offending cat lovers here, let's face it .. most cats are selfish, you don't ever hear about a cat sleeping on its owners grave or trying to raise the alarm if its owner has had a heart attack or something. I imagine that cat just found the warmest part to sleep which was on its owners face but meh!? (although they will leave dead animals as gifts so they're not total dicks)

Last edited:

kamalktk

Justified & Ancient
No, that's exactly how sleep apnoea works; you keep waking up and never fall into a deep sleep. Having a cat on your face would wake you up. It's a hoax.
That's not how sleep apnea works, you don't always wake up to the point of consciousness, which is why it so often goes undiagnosed and people get told by their sleep doctor "did you know you wake up a hundred times a night" and the answer is no.

I've been sleep studied multiple times. Told when I woke up in the mornings that I had multiple apnea episodes. Never actually woke up, in fact I felt like I had great nights sleep both times.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
May be wrong but I have a feeling it's about the sex of the child. I guess in the UK the ultrasounds don't tell you?
Yes ultrasounds do and most parents want to know.

The couple in the photo are surely looking at a pregnancy test. I'm not aware of a urine test that tells the sex of an unborn baby.

Lb8535

Ephemeral Spectre
Not that I ever heard of and if it did the ultrasound people would repress the product. In that case it's a totally weird ad.

Lb8535

Ephemeral Spectre
Not that I ever heard of and if it did the ultrasound people would repress the product. In that case it's a totally weird ad.
I couldn't let this lie because it's so very dumb for a major ad campaign. If you search on the product it's a Dutch company, the ad was noticed by many, and it was just a stupid ad ("so accurate people would rather rely on it"). Perhaps it's the Dutch? And they do now have a version that tells the sex.

Lb8535

Ephemeral Spectre
I'm sure that's also part of folklore .. cats stealing people's breath while they sleep I mean ..

At the risk of offending cat lovers here, let's face it .. most cats are selfish, you don't ever hear about a cat sleeping on its owners grave or trying to raise the alarm if its owner has had a heart attack or something. I imagine that cat just found the warmest part to sleep which was on its owners face but meh!? (although they will leave dead animals as gifts so they're not total dicks)
This is normal cat behavior. The preferred sleeping place for cats is frequently on your head, creating a constant life dialectic with your cat. Folks from across the pond, the source is Fox.

brownmane

Ephemeral Spectre
I couldn't let this lie because it's so very dumb for a major ad campaign. If you search on the product it's a Dutch company, the ad was noticed by many, and it was just a stupid ad ("so accurate people would rather rely on it"). Perhaps it's the Dutch? And they do now have a version that tells the sex.
Maybe it tells you if it's an alien baby! For those who really need to know. Lol