• No

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • What's a GSOH?

Votes: 18 24.3%

• Total voters

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Straight from a Yes, Minister script. This was a real block of polling questions in which only the figures for the final question reached most news reports:

Q1: “Are you aware that Nelson Mandela recently came out in support of London hosting the 2012 Olympic Games?” YES 60% NO 39%

Q2: “To what extent do you agree or disagree with Nelson Mandela’s view that because London is a diverse city, providing a home to hundreds of different nationalities, it would be the best place to hold the Olympic Games.” AGREE 72% DISAGREE 13%

Q3: “Would you support or oppose London being chosen as the host city for the 2012 Olympic Games?” SUPPORT 79% OPPOSE 13%

Headline: Almost 80% of Britons support London's bid to host the 2012 Olympics!

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Lots of comedians on at the Edinburgh Festival this year:
Edinburgh Festival comedy

But scroll down that page to Stewart Francis's poster and you may find something incongruous. And might take a little explaining to anyone under 35 or a non-Brit of any age.

Acheron101

Flaneur and Dilettante
Driving to work on wednesday I was listening to the ever-so-civilised BBC Radio 3.

Imagine my shock when I heard the presenter Petroc Trelawny (great name) read out some correspondance from a listener, who said-
"It seems quite a while since we heard some shite on Radio 3".

I chortled.

But it turned out he hadn't given Radio 3 a potty-mouthed compliment he was just talking about this German chap-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Scheidt

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Bertram Minge-Sprinkle, Aloysius Vulva-Venerata, Polly Prepuce and Zoltan Kuntickle send their apologies,

Because I have just made them up. I would still like to hear their music! Anyone got a record? :oops:

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
So literally just the fact he was in Crackerjack? I was looking for something incongruous.
Ah, but that was Stu Francis in Crackerjack!, not Stewart - unless Wikipedia is wrong. They are two totally different people. Great PR work by somebody...

Peripart

Antediluvian
Ah, but that was Stu Francis in Crackerjack!, not Stewart - unless Wikipedia is wrong. They are two totally different people. Great PR work by somebody...
Since it was a poster for a comedian, I think we can be fairly sure that it was a joke, playing to Francis' core audience of middle-aged Brits.*

*Well, I found it funny, anyway.