Votes: 13 17.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • What's a GSOH?

Votes: 19 25.3%

• Total voters

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
???? ... Are you referring to the 1979 People magazine cover? Here's another photo of that same issue's cover, and it shows the same barcode block in the same place.

I don't remember barcodes being around in 1979? .. not in practical use in England anyway .. was this a U.S. magazine?

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Thanks .. I could be wrong but I seem to remember barcodes first hitting the shops in the U.K. no earlier than '82/'83.
???? ... Are you referring to the 1979 People magazine cover? Here's another photo of that same issue's cover, and it shows the same barcode block in the same place.
Yup, as barcodes weren't in general use in Britain before the early/mid '80s I wondered if the magazine was a humorous mock-up using a current cover. Looked hard for the joke in fact, as I remember most of the people mentioned.

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient

escargot

Disciple of Marduk

In fact, several animal studies show that cabbage juice is effective at treating and preventing a wide range of digestive ulcers, including those affecting the stomach
When I were a lass the vegetable-water was saved after cooking and we'd be given it to drink. Delicious and a great treat if it was still warm. My favourite was carrot-water but all varieties were welcome. It was believed to have health-giving qualities.

I cook vegetables most days in the steamer, which keeps the nutrients in the food instead of the water. Yes, I still drink it. No, steamer vegetable-water is nothing LIKE as tasty as the old stuff!

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
The teacher walked over to him and asked, "Why is that, Angus?"
There's a web site - find your Brazilian football name and can buy an official shirt with that name on the back.

Enter forename and surname... 'Eastinho' was irresistible.

Guy on a Scottish football forum remarks, 'not a chance my son will be wearing this to school'...

Problem being, suggested name generated was... 'Adildo'...