Votes: 13 16.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 10.1%
  • What's a GSOH?

Votes: 20 25.3%

• Total voters

Ermintruder

Delineated by a professional cryptozoologist
And perhaps not-entirely outwith the same vein.....
2020-02-11 04.58.34.png

• Don't try this at home or outdoors....or, you may wish to test on an inconspicuous relative or friend first
  • Remember: responsibility for your health & safety begins with you (wear appropriate protective clothing)
  • The joke takes on a whole new dimension once you notice he's just wearing socks
  • The Surgeon-General has determined that an inability to identify satire may be harmful to your health.

Ermintruder

Delineated by a professional cryptozoologist
how readily understandable the symbolic rainbow motif (originating in the USA in the 1970s) may be to a reader population elsewhere.
It has to be the most polyaffiliated indicium ever....a metavalent placeholder of vacuous elementary pseudoschool telecorporacy

• Greenpeace, cf Rainbow Warrior (though last time I checked, everyone apart from me has forgotten all about this)
  • Gay Pride. Hmm. Yes. Maybe. But as to becoming nearly the sole owner of the sign? Isn't that representationally-undiverse?
  • Racial harmony symbology late 60s/early 70s: a techicolor teleologiform that presaged the more monochromic two-key tinkled ivories version
  • 1980s primary-coloured psychedelia substitute. Mork's braces. Felt pens. Vapid inferential feel-goodery
  • Unicorns. In all their ubiquitous panoply of contemporary contriviality (bring back proper medieval unicorns on tapestries, please)

Last edited:
It has to be the most polyaffiliated indicium ever....a metavalent placeholder of vacuous elementary pseudoschool telecorporacy

• Greenpeace, cf Rainbow Warrior (though last time I checked, everyone apart from me has forgotten all about this)
  • Gay Pride. Hmm. Yes. Maybe. But as to becoming nearly the sole owner of the sign? Isn't that representationally-undiverse?
  • Racial harmony symbology late 60s/early 70s: a techicolor teleologiform that presaged the more monochromic two-key tinkled ivories version
  • 1980s primary-coloured psychedelia substitute. Mork's braces. Felt pens. Vapid inferential feel-goodery
  • Unicorns. In all their ubiquitous panoply of contemporary contriviality (bring back proper medieval unicorns on tapestries, please)
gybcn.jpg

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Ms. Berry was indeed as "not amused" as the photo suggests. She sued her employer's company and won ...

... a waitress at a Hooters restaurant in Panama City, Florida, was able to wring the value of the prize she had thought she’d won out of the company that had pulled what it described as an April Fools’ joke. In 2001, 26-year-old Jodee Berry had bested the other servers at her restaurant in a competition to see who could sell the most beer in a month to that eatery’s customers, with the winner to receive a new Toyota. When the day came for her to be presented with her prize, Berry was led blindfolded to the restaurant’s parking lot to receive her award, but when the blindfold came off she was devastated to learn that the promised jackpot was not a Toyota automobile but rather a toy Yoda, a Star Wars doll: ...

Berry quit her job and sued Gulf Coast Wings, Inc., the corporate owner of the restaurant, alleging breach of contract and fraudulent misrepresentation. In 2002 the suit was settled for an undisclosed amount of money, which one of the attorneys involved in the case said would enable her to go to the local car dealership and “pick out whatever type of Toyota she wants.”
SOURCE: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/hummer-bummer/

NOTE: This case has been used in law schools ever since to illustrate certain fine points of contract law.