• No

Votes: 12 11.1%
  • What's a GSOH?

Votes: 26 24.1%

• Total voters

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score
Having clicked on just one of their sketches, a while back, I soon found Youtube suggesting more, as it does, reminding me of them.

In the UK, this Canadian troupe came on at an hour, when they hoped no one was watching. Which is how they got away with it.

They were amazing. It was full-on gross-out stuff at times but not without pathos - witness the Chicken Lady!

So, you're a Chicken-Lady! :oops:
Kids in the Hall. One of my all time favourite tv shows. Having lived in Toronto for 6 years just before it started, I did manage to get some of the “in” jokes. One of the funny random characters in it was the guy walking down the street offering to sharpen knives. IIRC in one skit he comes to a house with blood spattered across the front window and the occupant comes out for his knives to be sharpened. The amusing thing was that the knife sharpener guy was a real person in Toronto who did just that.

Chicken lady was hilarious and very disturbing at the same time. I loved cabbage head guy and the flying pig.

Nosmo King

(Formerly Souleater)
Reaction score
Kids in the Hall. One of my all time favourite tv shows. Having lived in Toronto for 6 years just before it started, I did manage to get some of the “in” jokes. One of the funny random characters in it was the guy walking down the street offering to sharpen knives. IIRC in one skit he comes to a house with blood spattered across the front window and the occupant comes out for his knives to be sharpened. The amusing thing was that the knife sharpener guy was a real person in Toronto who did just that.

Chicken lady was hilarious and very disturbing at the same time. I loved cabbage head guy and the flying pig.
I liked the french/canadian trappers canoing through the city trapping people.

Nosmo King

(Formerly Souleater)
Reaction score
3949cd23ea550ffca950f3848f0c3b99.png

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
Another visit to the old jokes home....

A guy is reading his paper when his wife walks up behind him and smacks him on the back of the head with a frying pan.
He asks, "What was that for?"
She says, "I found a piece of paper in your pocket with Betty Sue written on it."
He says, "Jeez, honey, remember last week when I went to the track? Betty Sue was the name of the horse I went there to bet on."
She shrugs and walks away.
Three days later he is reading his paper when she walks up behind him and smacks him on the back of the head again with the frying pan.
He asks, "What was that for?"
She answers, "Your horse called."

A woman goes to the doctor and says ‘Doctor, every time I sneeze I have an orgasm!’
And the doctor says ‘What are you taking for it?’
And the woman replies ‘Pepper!’

I would tell you what I've got at the back of my magical wardrobe but it's Narnia business.

Trevp666

Reaction score
This morning I have managed to put my clocks forward.
To June 21st.
Now if everyone else can do that......................

Trevp666

Reaction score
Q: What has 12 arms, 12 legs, and 12 eyes?
A: 12 pirates.

I helped a poor old lady who had fallen over in the park, all alone, yesterday.
I say poor....she had £50 in her purse!

Trevp666

Reaction score
A friend of mine once lived on a barge and one night the rope became untied at the stern.
He went out in the dark to get something from his car, stepped off the barge onto the bank which wasn't there and went straight in the water.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
A friend of mine once lived on a barge and one night the rope became untied at the stern.
He went out in the dark to get something from his car, stepped off the barge onto the bank which wasn't there and went straight in the water.
I fell off a barge once near Alrewas in Staffordshire because I was trying to show off to a girl I fancied. I didn't die by getting crushed between the barge and the stone bank because I held my nose and pushed myself underwater. My Dad showed no sympathy and the customers outside the mucky duck which is what the local drinkers called 'The White Swan' mostly laughed at me for being a 15 year old twat (and they were right). I didn't get crushed to death though so that helped.

aswan002.jpg

Last edited:

Nosmo King

(Formerly Souleater)
Reaction score
I fell off a barge once near Alrewas in Staffordshire. I didn't die by getting crushed between the barge and the stone bank because I held my nose and pushed myself underwater. My Dad showed no sympathy and the customers outside the mucky duck which is what the local drinkers called 'The White Swan' mostly laughed at me for being a 15 year old twat. I didn't get crushed to death though so that helped.
We had a cow try to board the river boat we had hired on the Thames near Oxford when i was a kid, woke up in the middle of the night to a crashing, splashing and mooing as the cow fell between the bank and boat, it was ok and got its self out of the river, scared the crap out of all the people on the boat though.

Trevp666

Reaction score
Another friend of mine had hired a narrowboat for a weekend of fun on the Norfolk Broads.
First day there, after they had some dinner, he did the washing-up, then emptied the washing bowl over the side, only to see the knives and forks that were hiding in the bottom of the bowl go in the canal too.
They managed to find something magnetic and some string and spent a fair amount of time 'fishing'.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
My high-functioning alcoholic father took the extended family on canal holidays, surreptitiously swigging whisky all day.
Early hours of one morning he woke up, plastered as usual, and decided the boat was moored the wrong way round.

He got up, tried turning it round on his own and rammed it diagonally across t'cut. Devil of a job to free it! :chuckle:

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
My high-functioning alcoholic father took the extended family on canal holidays, surreptitiously swigging whisky all day.
Early hours of one morning he woke up, plastered as usual, and decided the boat was moored the wrong way round.

He got up, tried turning it round on his own and rammed it diagonally across t'cut. Devil of a job to free it! :chuckle:
Was the boat called the EVER GIVEN?