• Server Outage Announcement

Hello, Everyone.
    We will be installing an update to XenForo (the forums software), and doing some server maintenance.
    Consequently, the forums will be unavailable from about 12 - 2 MDT / 2 - 4 EDT / 6 - 8 GMT on Sunday 9th May 2021.

Humour & Jokes

Do you have a GSOH?

• Yes

Votes: 54 50.9%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 15 14.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 11.3%
  • What's a GSOH?

Votes: 25 23.6%

• Total voters

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Morrissey's manager attacks 'hurtful and racist' Simpsons parody

Morrissey appears to have taken offence at The Simpsons after being sent up in the animation's latest episode.

In the show, titled Panic On The Streets of Springfield, Lisa Simpson becomes obsessed with the militantly vegan singer of a 1980s indie band.

But her dreams are shattered when it transpires her idol, voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch, had become a bitter, overweight, anti-immigrant meat-eater.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-56806312

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
Morrissey appears to have taken offence.....
....and then insert any random thing.

I mean, he just strikes me as the sort that would take offence at anything.

Didn't he storm off stage at a festival one time because the wind was blowing the smell from a burger van in his direction?

Also, somebody HAS told him that 'The Simpsons' is a cartoon and not a documentary focusing on pop-stars of the 80s, haven't they?

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

Didn't he storm off stage at a festival one time because the wind was blowing the smell from a burger van in his direction?

Also, somebody HAS told him that 'The Simpsons' is a cartoon and not a documentary focusing on pop-stars of the 80s, haven't they?
Ironically, his facebook page was promoting this particular Simpsons episode up to its broadcast.

Trevp666

Reaction score
It looks like it's going to be a nice sunny day which means my rather top-heavy neighbour will be sunbathing topless again!
I just wish his wife would do it for a change.

Little Johnny's kindergarten class was on a field trip to their local police station where they saw pictures tacked to a bulletin board of the 10 most wanted criminals.
One of the youngsters pointed to a picture and asked if it really was the photo of a wanted person.
"Yes," said the policeman. "The detectives want very badly to capture him."
Little Johnny asked, "Why didn't you keep him when you took his picture?"

Two idiots were taking their first long-distance train trip across Africa.
A vendor came down the corridor selling bananas which they’d never seen before.
Each bought one.
The first one eagerly peeled the banana and bit into it just as the train went into a tunnel.
When the train emerged from the tunnel, the first idiot looked across to their friend and said, “I wouldn’t eat that if I were you.”
“Why not?”
“Well.....I took one bite and went blind for half a minute!”

Mickey Mouse is having a nasty divorce with Minnie Mouse.
Mickey spoke to the judge about the separation.
"I'm sorry Mickey, but I can't legally separate you two on the grounds that Minnie is mentally insane..."
Mickey replied, "I didn't say she was mentally insane, I said that she's f***ing goofy!"

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar

It might be yet another cynical attempt to get column inches. Keeps Morrissey's waning career alive.

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Reaction score
Morrissey's manager attacks 'hurtful and racist' Simpsons parody

Morrissey appears to have taken offence at The Simpsons after being sent up in the animation's latest episode.

In the show, titled Panic On The Streets of Springfield, Lisa Simpson becomes obsessed with the militantly vegan singer of a 1980s indie band.

But her dreams are shattered when it transpires her idol, voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch, had become a bitter, overweight, anti-immigrant meat-eater.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-56806312
Son refuses to believe Dad’s assertion that there was a time when Morrissey wasn’t a twat

A teenage boy has poured scorn on his father’s assertion that there was a time that popular singer Morrissey wasn’t a massive twat.
Simon Williams, a nose hair topiarist from Chelmsford, mentioned that Morrissey was both a hero and a poet when he was growing up.
“Yeah, that’s just bollocks, though, isn’t it,” said a sceptical Simon Williams Jnr.
https://newsthump.com/2017/11/21/so...2fB1FaKE6WRNGR07AXyTJgA1WGhyq4-PIjg6QSYyz5KJQ

Coastaljames

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
In fairness, it's pretty cool to have principles. I think, at least.

Trevp666

Reaction score
"...a nose hair topiarist ..."
lol

Trevp666

Reaction score
In fairness, it's pretty cool to have principles. I think, at least.
I expect there were probably other times when people were moving away from the burger van because the wind was blowing the smell of Morrissey towards them.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
My Brother took going to jail really badly. He refused all offers of food and drink, spat and swore at anyone who came anywhere near him and smeared the walls with his own faeces. After that we never played Monopoly again.

Trevp666

Reaction score
(Another visit to the old jokes home.)

The wife bought a large chicken to make sandwiches.
It doesn't, it just shits on the floor.

The teacher asked little Johnny if he knew his numbers yet.
"Yes, teacher," he said, "my dad taught me."
"Good, Johnny.
Tell me what comes after two," the teacher said.
"Three," replied little Johnny.
"Very good.
What comes after five, Johnny?" asked the teacher.
"Six," answered little Johnny.
"Excellent.
Your dad did a very good job.
Now, what comes after ten?" the teacher asked.
"A Jack!" replied little Johnny.

I remember the day my mother told me I was adopted.
When I asked her why she hadn't told me before, she said, " I've only just signed the paperwork, now get packed, your new parents will be here soon ".

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Reaction score
I was researching my family tree and discovered an ancestor was killed at the Battle of Waterloo. He wasn't in the army, he was camping nearby and went over to complain about the noise.