Votes: 26 24.3%

• Total voters

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Just my pedentry shining through :p
CAT FIGHT.jpg

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
Yes of course they are.
I know they're not very pet-like, (I couldn't imagine giving any of them names, and doubt if they recognise you anyway) but I'm sure it counts.
1621088875155.png

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Christ! .. that sums up some of my young parent customer's kids .. "Pippa?! .. Dolphin?! .. could you both please stop breaking that table please darlings :mad: ?. Thank you!" .... WTF? .. I'd have been straight back in my Dad's car and then straight banished to my bedroom back home.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
I feel a bit stupid because I don't get this :buck:
I think it's a 'male menopause' thing joke .. aka .. we men don't actually physically have to go through menopause like women have to but we men do get more grumpy as we get older. I get grumpy as fuck .. with the Mrs, customers, co workers but I don't play on it. Often.

WeeScottishLassie

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I think it's a 'male menopause' thing joke .. aka .. we men don't actually physically have to go through menopause like women have to but we men do get more grumpy as we get older. I get grumpy as fuck .. with the Mrs, customers, co workers but I don't play on it. Often.
Ahhhh ok! :tumble:

Krepostnoi

Confronting the challenge of porcine fragility
Reaction score
I dunno either? .. I think so? .. nothing's wrong about clouds so .. it's small things we shouldn't get wound up about? ..
I've always read that Grandpa Simpson meme as referring to men reacting angrily to things, especially societal changes, that they can't understand. They feel confused and maybe threatened, and their response can often seem pitiful to other observers.

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Reaction score
I've always read that Grandpa Simpson meme as referring to men reacting angrily to things, especially societal changes, that they can't understand. They feel confused and maybe threatened, and their response can often seem pitiful to other observers.
That's why we have a whinge thread here...

Trevp666

Reaction score
(trigger alert for those with a need to be suddenly outraged at the repeat of a very old joke)

I went in the pet shop the other day and said "I'd like to buy a wasp please".
The assistant replied "Don't be ridiculous, we don't sell wasps!"
And I said "But you've got several in the window!"

Trevp666

Reaction score
Two men are discussing their lives.
One says, "I’m getting married. I’m tired of a messy apartment, dirty dishes, and no clothes to wear."
The other one says, "I’m getting divorced for the same reasons!"

B&B owner: "The room is £50. a night. But it's £40 a night if you make your own bed."
Guest: "I'll make my own bed."
B&B owner: "Good. I'll get you some nails and wood."

A couple is lying in bed.
The man says, "I am going to make you the happiest woman in the world."
The woman says, "I'll miss you."

Krepostnoi

Confronting the challenge of porcine fragility
Reaction score
A few years ago, now, a woman walked into Cambridge HMV and declared "I am Professor Marjorie Heinz-Ketchup, and I am the world's leading authority on wasps. Do you have any records I might enjoy?"

"Why, yes, Professor," came the reply. "Just this morning, we took delivery of the new K-Tel album Wasps and Other Stinging Insects vol. 18: Sub-Tropical Asia and Dagenham district. If you'd care to step into the listening booth, you could give it a try."

"Very well."

Some moments passed, after which the professor emerged, indignant. "What a travesty! I listened to the first eighteen tracks, and didn't recognise a single wasp!"

"I see what the problem is, Professor. You were listening to the bee side."