• No

Votes: 12 11.1%
  • What's a GSOH?

Votes: 26 24.1%

• Total voters

Nosmo King

(Formerly Souleater)
Reaction score
Just to say, the bbc has a lot of programming, not just bbc 1 & 2, it produces bbc 3 & 4 for more specialized audiences, as well as 2 channels for children, CBBC & Cbeebies, 2 news channels, bbc news & bbc parliament, plus numerous radio channels aimed at a wide spectrum of demographics, the bbc is in a difficult position of trying to please all of the people all of the time, which as we all know is an impossible job. No its not perfect, but nothing is. It costs each licence fee payer less than 50p a day compared to a (very) basic 'Sky TV' package at around £1 a day, for which (if you havent already got one) you are required to pay a BT line charge for on top of this.

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
I think that what most people have a problem with about the BBC that it has grown massively in size over the years, and quite unnecessarily, to become this bloated behemoth with no real direction in that attempt to try to please all of the people all of the time.
It's mandate as 'Public Service Broadcaster' is written in it's own charter as to 'Educate, entertain and inform', so it's diversion into all the additional channels is really just a distraction from what it should be doing.
IMO it should be massively scaled down to 2 main 'entertainment' TV channels plus the 24 hour news channel, and the 4 distinctly different national Radio stations, and a well made, modern, online presence which can provide all other content and video-on-demand to cover all the other stuff it would no longer provide a broadcast channel for.

WeeScottishLassie

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
facebook_1622492549590_6805226990717049062.jpg

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
I only watch it on Youtube ... and it's a Peter Kay and one of his best mates in real life programme. If he wanted to publish it through the BBC, that's up to him. I still don't like the BBC.
If it hadn't been broadcast on BBC you wouldn't be watching in on youtube would you?
Peter Kays Car Share is produced by Good Night Vienna Productions which is indeed the production company owned by Peter Kay, so strictly speaking it is not a BBC programme, they just happened to buy it to broadcast in the UK (so could have any channel).
Whether it is or is not a BBC programme is debatable. They may well have & probably did commission it in the first place. A programme is proposed & money changes hands, otherwise it doesn't get made.

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Here's one I made up.

What's the difference between a trip in a vintage boat on a particularly winding section of the river Cam, & Max Clifford [dec'd]?

One is a curvy old punt.

OK it needs a bit of work.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
If it hadn't been broadcast on BBC you wouldn't be watching in on youtube would you?

Whether it is or is not a BBC programme is debatable. They may well have & probably did commission it in the first place. A programme is proposed & money changes hands, otherwise it doesn't get made.
Since you put it that way? .. I suddenly like the BBC.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Max Clifford [dec'd]
Thank you for reminding me of Clifford's death. Sometimes I forget. :chuckle:

He was sooo loathsome. I had to stop reading his autobiography because it was so full of his pride about the disinformation and downright lies he peddled.

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Reaction score
Thank you for reminding me of Clifford's death. Sometimes I forget. :chuckle:

He was sooo loathsome. I had to stop reading his autobiography because it was so full of his pride about the disinformation and downright lies he peddled.
I remember seeing a comment that if Clifford was so good at PR how come everyone thought he was a c***

Nosmo King

(Formerly Souleater)
Reaction score
I was just shopping for laces for my converse high tops on Amazon, and came across this very real review for one brand (name redacted lest anyone think I was trying to libel someone):

View attachment 40440
Love my converse, owned a pair (not the same pair) since i was a kid, the pair i have atm are 10yrs old and still going strong :)