sherbetbizarre

Special Branch
Reaction score
Screenshot_20210729-221331.jpg

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
.................boke..........
Had to Google that one, apparently it means 'sh*t for brains' in Japanese :hahazebs:

"Everybody and their grandma knows how to call someone a baka (“stupid”), and you may have heard some other words before like aho (“idiot”) or boke (“sh*t-for-brains”), but now it’s time to really insult someone’s intelligence by calling them a kasu (“worthless idiot”) or kichigai (“retard”)"

https://soranews24.com/2016/09/22/w...ensive-japanese-swear-words-【weird-top-five】/

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
Had to Google that one, apparently it means 'sh*t for brains' in Japanese

I did not know that.
I have always used the word 'Boke' in the same context that everyone did when I was a teenager.
Whenever someone described eating something that they thought was nice but everyone else would throw-up if they had to eat it, one would immediately make that comic noise and facial expression of a person being sick followed with the word 'Boke' said very plainly.

As in being an expression of ones distaste for the others food.

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
I did not know that.
I have always used the word 'Boke' in the same context that everyone did when I was a teenager.
Whenever someone described eating something that they thought was nice but everyone else would throw-up if they had to eat it, one would immediately make that comic noise and facial expression of a person being sick followed with the word 'Boke' said very plainly.

The term for vomitting was the first thing Google threw up (pun intended :p ) but then the Japanse insults was next on the list :)

LymeswoldSnork

Junior Acolyte
Reaction score
I did not know that.

Scottish, I think, and usually spelt "boak".

Beresford

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
And in the good parts of Scotland as well, ie the East :)
We'll agree to disagree. You have a lovely sea view of Fife. I have a lovely sea view of Arran, Ailsa Craig and on a good day, the Kintyre peninsula.

I jest of course. I quite like Edinburgh.