• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Hunt For 'Satanists' After Bizarre Ritual Discovered In New Forest

I too question why Satanists and/or witchcraft is brought in as suspect. Ignorance and biases showing. Kind of limits the investigation.

I would be concerned if the perpetrators killed the animals. Though, then you would expect reports from farmers that they were missing pigs or had dead ones, with at least a heart missing.

Otherwise, buying a couple of hearts from a butcher is not a crime.
Just laziness, Pagan, Wiccan, etc. just become Satanists because it's more sensational as a headline. Without the pig's hearts I doubt anyone would care; not even "Satanic" black candles!

I wonder what vegan Satanists use? Diced carrot?

There's no truth in the rumour that dried hedgehog spines can be ground up and snorted then?
49a0e79c7329857fea7e8b71483f6100.png

It may have been a set for an amateur film maker or photographer. It was obviously left in place for a purpose, to be seen by others (in which case teenagers messing around) or in preparation for use. They may have left to get their film equipment and returned to find everything gone and the Police sniffing around.

Twenty or so block candles are not so cheap for pranking teenagers so chances are that there is an adult involved who has money to spare.

Part of the Chiselhurst cave system had pagan and 'satanic' symbols painted on the walls. A visitor asked about them from their guide. "Don't worry. They're just left over from a horror film that was filmed down here."
Like the bizarre glittery bits which were a left over from a Doctor Who episode. :)

This Little Piggy Got Waylaid On The Way To Market....
All five Little Piggies got waylaid in this mystery. Mass murder on a brutish scale.

Back