• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Hutton's Paradox

Some of you may remember a letter of mine in Fortean Times for April 2015 concerning the above-mentioned paradox. Two years after its publication somebody added a section on the paradox to Wikipedia's Dream argument article. Unfortunately, some of the online encyclopædia's bigwigs have now deemed my contribution to human thought unworthy of mention, and as of the early hours of this morning that section is no more. A discussion about its deletion can be found on the article's talk page. If anybody reading this found (or finds) my letter the least bit interesting and would care to add his voice to the discussion and perhaps help get that section restored, it would be greatly appreciated.

What's the craic, Eric Bond Hutton?
No idea what evs. Maybe a summary for the newbies?

What's the craic, Eric Bond Hutton?
No idea what evs. Maybe a summary for the newbies?

The embedded link in the OP links there as well :)

So as to hopefully prevent further repeated requests for orientation in apparent disregard of the posted link ...

You have to proceed to page 72 in the archived FT to see the summary of the paradox presented at the end of the letter. Here (below) are the concluding parapraphs.

Hutton-A.jpg

Hutton-B.jpg

Back