• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

I Died... But...

Presumably you would have to make physical contact with an electronic form of communication, and with no corporeal form that could be tricky. I don't want to encourage poltergeists on the forum, of course.

We would have to use a prearranged password that only one or two forumites would recognise, and even then that could be open to subterfuge. There would always be many unconvinced by writings on a message board post - ask yourself, would you really believe it?

There would have to be a vault of phrases or messages possibly only known to the mods. Even then, it would be difficult to prove anything. That is why I’ve asked for thoughts.

There would have to be a vault of phrases or messages possibly only known to the mods. Even then, it would be difficult to prove anything. That is why I’ve asked for thoughts.
FT mag had an updated article on internet based (as well as telephone) Deus Ex Machina messages reports from beyond the grave. I'm not sure how much if any further research has continued on that.

FT mag had an updated article on internet based (as well as telephone) Deus Ex Machina messages reports from beyond the grave. I'm not sure how much if any further research has continued on that.
Cal Cooper is doing telephone death communications, not sure if he has ever looked into internet based activities.

The thing is, although the telephone is equally open to abuse, especially with modern deepfake tech, anyone can pretend to be anyone else online behind a simple message and we'd be none the wiser.

There are whys and wherefores to consider. For instance, a relative sees us all discussing a message from a departed loved one. That is why I am asking for thoughts on this.

Yes, and if you could communicate electronically from beyond the grave, there's probably going to be people closer to you who you would rather contact than us lot. If the power is unlimited, then... maybe you'd be like a God and could contact anyone?

How about a simultaneous dream communication?

Well. We don’t know about that. And a simultaneous dream communication may not be reported to us. In fact, as there’s only a few of us, it probably wouldn’t be. But there’s no escaping facts. We here aren’t getting any younger but we ARE all fascinated about Forteana and possibility of life or a sentience beyond this. Whether our nearest and dearest share this interest is also a point to consider.

Well. We don’t know about that. And a simultaneous dream communication may not be reported to us. In fact, as there’s only a few of us, it probably wouldn’t be. But there’s no escaping facts. We here aren’t getting any younger but we ARE all fascinated about Forteana and possibility of life or a sentience beyond this. Whether our nearest and dearest share this interest is also a point to consider.
I do know one or two people who have promised to try to deliver a prearranged message from the other side, in true Houdini style.

How about a simultaneous dream communication?
I love this suggestion! So much potential for fun!

Otherwise, maybe make a date in a spooky location with DrPaulLee and Swifty? With the proper equipment of course.

Telephones ringing after a death is a real phenomena I believe?

Yeah, there are other stories too.

A fair few of the "true story" ghost podcasts have run telephone ghost episodes so they are not unusual. The story usually describes a family member who picks up a phone and hears something that makes them think it's a recent dear-departed.

The modern take is getting calls from mobile phones from the deceased when the number is no longer in use. Occasionally you'll get emails from a dead person's account too.

I remember when my dad died, the house phone kept ringing with nothing but static on the line. I got mad at first, thought it was a badly timed prank call. It happened several times the very evening he passed away and lessened over the next few nights until it stopped happening.

Well if we don’t ask, we don’t get and presumably, he’ll have thoughts about the sensitivities of the issue.
Yes, he'll have to fill out ethics forms the length of War and Peace!

I have wondered about this too and have thought about posting on here (assuming I had notice of my impending death) and taking requests for hauntings etc. Obviously there would be a Houdini style code word involved for a seance as well.

Yes, he'll have to fill out ethics forms the length of War and Peace!

I have wondered about this too and have thought about posting on here (assuming I had notice of my impending death) and taking requests for hauntings etc. Obviously there would be a Houdini style code word involved for a seance as well.
I'm up for all that too. We have discussed this before. I normally offer to moon lucky posters in the wee small hours.

Do you mean to tell me you lot are all alive!?

Under the recently instituted GDPR regulations on personal data and privacy it's no longer legal to include vitality (quick versus dead) among mandatory data selections displayed within members' Profile presentations.

Secondarily, the binary distinction was an object of complaint from members self-identifying as (e.g.) zombie, undead (other), trans-organic and itinerant spirits.

Have the "meeting in dreams" experiments held on here supplied any positive results? I seem to remember the answer was no.

I love this suggestion! So much potential for fun!

Otherwise, maybe make a date in a spooky location with DrPaulLee and Swifty? With the proper equipment of course.
Gordon is better qualified to contact. I'm mostly only working as a camera man on paranormal youtube posted experiments. Sensitivity is always paramount.

Ya know, I’m having a sense of déjà vu about this. How many of us, I wonder, are the reincarnated souls of the original SPR members who were involved in the 1880s research and the following cross-correspondence?!? So, we have already answered this question, perhaps numerous times. Navel searching…..yep, I see it all in the akashic records.

Back