• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

I found a weird aquatic animal: look at pics

While I admire the OP's enthusiasm, I have to say that there is not enough data presented to reach any firm conclusions on what is in the picture. What I saw could have been an unusual wave, or it could also be something else.

With the information that we have here, it is impossible to tell what it is.

Oxcart, please don't be discouraged. I have been looking on both google maps and google earth for anomalies for quite a while and I have to see anything.

Looks like it's probably a wave to me. On the photos there are other smaller examples of similar 'objects' - dark patches with a white part at one end. If you cover the white part, it just blends in with the other waves.

It's a wave.

This seems to be the video in question:

That video looks like a copy or a copy. I've seen it before. The original with much better clarity is long gone!

I think tomorrow I will post directions on how to find my "creature". Its too hard on a tablet lying in bed!

I was on google earth today and I found a bouy with a long snake-like thing wrapped around it... I wrote the coordinates down on some scrap paper so I hope I still have it to see what you folks think it is. I am a little color blind so I can't tell the color.

My guess would be the anchor cable.
Should i be offended? I know the difference between a metal cable and an organic thing. I didn't become a physicist by being an idiot. LoL

Was off site for meetings today so was never at my desk to retrieve coordinates I wrote down.

I will post it up tomorrow.... Its wide and its an organic color and looks like its trying to curl up with a buoy. I recall thinking it was at least +8ft long but its serpentine floating on the waters surface so hard to judge.

Last edited:
I will post it up tomorrow.... Its wide and its an organic color and looks like its trying to curl up with a buoy. I recall thinking it was at least +8ft long but its serpentine floating on the waters surface so hard to judge.

Obviously I can't jump to any conclusions or opinions without seeing your capture pic but my instincts, living in a coastal town would be to go with rope (they come in organic colours, I've got fairly wide examples I've found on the beach hanging in our back yard) or again, some kind of cable ... but then I haven't seen the pic yet to be fair ... it's always worth baring in mind that google earth from the sky can distort these images as well as water and light reflection from it, add to that the distance the pic was taken from for further confusion ... or it is something serpentine.

giphy.gif

Should i be offended? I know the difference between a metal cable and an organic thing. I didn't become a physicist by being an idiot. LoL

Was off site for meetings today so was never at my desk to retrieve coordinates I wrote down.

Good Lord, no!! Why on earth would my post offend you?

I was just being tongue in cheek if that saying applies here

Anyway I found the thing but my work computer won't let me post here. I'm on my phone and will post it up later.

Now that I'm looking at it again, it's definitely something natural. It's awfully fat to be a snake. Not certain about color because I have issues with colors.

It's not going to solve any mysterious lake phenomena because resolution is too low and it's not 50ft long. It's just going to be another oddity.

I'm not convinced my original photo doesn't show a animal. I see a small head with an eye poking out of the water behind the large thing. It's clearly not a wave or white cap..... it reminds me of how turtles sometimes float, but the head is white.

Sheesh, you guys are awfully touchy here! :)

Last edited:
Well, it seems my home computer doesn't have the same capabilities as my work computer when it comes to capturing images and magnifying. Too much resolution is lost on my home computer.

Here is the pic of what I think could be a big snake in Lake Champlain. Keep in mind I have issues seeing colors but it looks like some other organic colors to my eyes. On my work computer I can see the possibility of a head on the "north" end.... Here I can't see anything. I don't know what the dot is, but I assumed a buoy.

This is off of Wilsboro Point.
bjcyh2.jpg

Last edited:
Well, it seems my home computer doesn't have the same capabilities as my work computer when it comes to capturing images and magnifying. Too much resolution is lost on my home computer.

Here is the pic of what I think could be a big snake in Lake Champlain. Keep in mind I have issues seeing colors but it looks like some other organic colors to my eyes. On my work computer I can see the possibility of a head on the "north" end.... Here I can't see anything. I don't know what the dot is, but I assumed a buoy.
bjcyh2.jpg
All right; that is a possibility. One thing that would argue against it is the sharpness--the abruptness--of the curves. Another thing is the color. I don't know of any North American snakes that are that pale. My impression is that snakes tend to blend into their backgrounds better.

Still, it is an intriguing picture.

You are correct. If it is a snake, it is humongous.

I want to post the pic of the "head" I see in the main photo of this thread. It's very clearly a head of either a turtle or a snake poking out of the wave. The right eye is clearly visible, but again, it's a white or other pale color. And again, I have to retrieve the photo from my work computer.... Damned laptop at home doesn't capture as much data when grabbing screen shots.

I theorize that there are 2 types of mysterious animals in Lake Champlain. One I believe is a long neck turtle. In the Bodette video (the old CLEAR video) you can see a flipper at the end of the video. There is another video online (too tired to look up the name) of a serpentine animal skimming across the water towards the shoreline. I think it could be a snake. If the 2nd animal type is a snake, then perhaps this is an image of one of them.

I'm not a marine biologist, but from reading up on turtles, they have been found emitting what sounds like echolocation (but isn't). Echolocation has been found in the lake.

Furthermore, in the I think it's spelled as the "Mansi photo", the animal is clearly resting on a sand bar. In the higher quality images, you can see the discoloration caused by the sand immediately beneath the water. It's a turtle. I would also estimate that it's about 3ft high based on wave patterns. I read an analysis that exactly says the same thing about it's height being roughly 3ft. Obviously I have no proof of what I say that I theorize is mine alone without parroting what other people have said or concluded, but I have reached these conclusions on my own. As an anonymous nobody on one of many cryptozoology forums, I have nothing to gain.

I don't do this stuff for a living and this isn't even hobby. just once in a while I see something on TV on this subject and I get sucked into spending a few hours to see if there is any truth in this subject.

My only motivation is to have at least one of these cryptozoology subjects proven real before I get old and die. In the case of Lake Champlain, the video evidence is overwhelming and I am always astonished to hear people claim that it's a deer or a moose being video recorded, or in the Bodette video that it's a sturgeon or a school of fish. Or that the Mansi photo is a tree.... complete nonsense. I can find images of turtles online that very nearly can be overlayed with the photo for a line-to-line match.

Last edited:
... This is off of Wilsboro Point. ...

For those playing along at home, here are the Google Map coordinates:

62 Sabousin Rd
Willsboro, NY 12996
44.437769, -73.376552

And again, I have to retrieve the photo from my work computer.... Damned laptop at home doesn't capture as much data when grabbing screen shots.
Do you have a high res external monitor or TV you could plug in? Set it to the max resolution it can take.

For those playing along at home, here are the Google Map coordinates:

62 Sabousin Rd
Willsboro, NY 12996
44.437769, -73.376552

Oh yeah I didn't post coordinates.

I still need to post directions to find the main photo of this thread....... Hint, it's not on the live version of G.Earth.

Sooooo, what do people think of the "snake" pic?

Very little. It's a squiggle. Could be absolutely anything. In my opinion. And unlikely to be a huge, fluorescent water snake.

As it seems to be the same thickness along its length, it's unlikely to be a snake.
But it's really impossible to tell with so few pixels available.

As it seems to be the same thickness along its length, it's unlikely to be a snake.
But it's really impossible to tell with so few pixels available.
Good point, plus the abruptness of the curves and the contrast between the colors as I alluded to here:

All right; that is a possibility. One thing that would argue against it is the sharpness--the abruptness--of the curves. Another thing is the color. I don't know of any North American snakes that are that pale. My impression is that snakes tend to blend into their backgrounds better.

I think it is something artificial in the water. What, I don't know for sure but I don't believe it is a snake.

Here's a weird one filmed 122 meters below the North Sea and uploaded on '06 .. it looks like a mutant aquatic hedgehog.

bjcyh2.jpg

I think you can rule out it being a snake. Aside from the points made by Mythopoeika above, it's far too far north for any resident population.
images

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/60223496

Lake Champlain is a bit too seasonally extreme, it just isn't good snake country.

Personally, I think it's a glitch or artifact somewhere. Everything else seems blurred at that level, but the thing itself is quite sharp. I'm not very well up on computers or digital photos, but that doesn't look natural to me.

I'm going to be honest and say that interpreting either of these photos as being anything animate doesn't seem like a particularly critical or well supported stance.

bjcyh2.jpg
Flip me, I've been tucking in to the white wine this evening (Signal Post Chardonnay, £4.99 at Coop - other shops and wines are available) but if that's a snake, then Jenny Agutter will marry me in the morning*).
(* I live in hope though I doubt my wife would be impressed)

Back