I Miss Art Bell

FrKadash

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
If you search your favourite podcast provider for Art Bell Archive, or Classic Art Bell Podcast, you'll find loads of old episodes from his radio show, including one with a nice Timothy Good interview that I listened to earlier.

Thanks Kryptonite, I downloaded two huge archive collections of old shows a few months back, should still be up on Pirate Bay, if anyone wants to download them I can start seeding the one titled ''The Ultimate Art Bell Collection Part 1 of 2'' it's 34.4 GB, some great old episodes.

FrKadash

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Recently did this study sketch of the man himself,

52008494_10155875352776994_5347802009477054464_n.jpg

FrKadash

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Just read this decent article, from April 2018,

From east of the Rockies to beyond the fringe
How Art Bell and ‘Coast to Coast AM’ turned conspiracy radio into a theater of the mind.
Like Orson Welles’s War of the Worlds or the overnight radio pioneer Long Jon Nebel before him, Art Bell amalgamated the ambience of the twilight and the crackling, wobbly, “theater of the mind” quality offered by AM radio to architect an immersive world that was mysterious, intriguing, a bit foreboding, sometimes unsettling, and often outright absurd, but always with the whimsy of campy horror or a B-movie.

https://theoutline.com/post/4343/art-bell-coast-to-coast-am-obitiuary

Just noticed that my sketch in the post above has vanished, and the option to edit is gone too...

Art Bell, 10-02-19.jpg

Last edited:

Tapeloop

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
I've been getting quite into the Halloween spirit this year and been spooking myself at night listening to these archives of Art Bell's 'Ghost to Ghost' episodes.

http://www.reallyweirdstuff.com/halloween-ghosttoghostradioshows.htm

Some really good stories and the obvious crank ratio is quite low (IMHO). Hours of IHTM material. I rather like his style.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
If you search your favourite podcast provider for Art Bell Archive, or Classic Art Bell Podcast, you'll find loads of old episodes from his radio show, including one with a nice Timothy Good interview that I listened to earlier.

I couldn't say this is complete, but here is a collection of old shows that should keep anybody busy for a long time.

1,338 shows:

https://the-eye.eu/public/Radio/The Ultimate Art Bell Collection/Shows/

Note: the very first show listed (the only one from 1992) is fragmented and a low-quality recording; the second, on the Philadelphia Experiment, is the place to start.

C.O.T.

Junior Acolyte
Reaction score
I tried to found Coast to Coast forums , and fount that the main forum of that program is closed and dont allow new registers. Is quite strange for a so huge program, dont you think? Is the conspiroesphere conspirating itself :)

Lb8535

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I tried to found Coast to Coast forums , and fount that the main forum of that program is closed and dont allow new registers. Is quite strange for a so huge program, dont you think? Is the conspiroesphere conspirating itself :)
The program was left to and/or bought by a different producer, I imagine they're profiting on the re-runs. I'm not aware of any live new programming. I don't like Bell, who could fill an hour with two minutes worth of hard material, and don't follow the program but it's regularly on one of my local stations late Saturday nights.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
I couldn't say this is complete, but here is a collection of old shows that should keep anybody busy for a long time.

1,338 shows:

https://the-eye.eu/public/Radio/The Ultimate Art Bell Collection/Shows/

Note: the very first show listed (the only one from 1992) is fragmented and a low-quality recording; the second, on the Philadelphia Experiment, is the place to start.

Follow-up: somebody on YouTube is doing God's work.

Daily Dose of Art Bell

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCUTQU-XJT-skl_h8LP6LM7w/playlists

This archive is not quite so complete, but the shows are better labelled:

ftp://major.butt.care/mirrors/Art%20Bell/Shows/

Last edited:

Get Kraken

Junior Acolyte
Reaction score
I've heard him called "George Snory" lol... occasionally I still encounter a fun episode but not frequently enough to justify the late hour.

charliebrown

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
It is claimed that Art Bell pushed the idea of shadow people on this radio show for many years.

These are humanoid shadows, some with red eyes, that at night stand in the corner of your bedroom and stare at you.

Just by accident I watched a Travel Channel show called Ghosts playing supposedly people’s true stories of their

encounter with ghosts.

The subject was a high school student who claimed he was harassed by the shadow people all through high school.

My wife thinks she has seen one or two shadow people out of the corner of her eye over the many years.

I seen a lot of strangeness, but I have never seen a shadow person.

Have you seen a shadow person. ?