I Miss Art Bell

FrKadash

Justified & Ancient
If you search your favourite podcast provider for Art Bell Archive, or Classic Art Bell Podcast, you'll find loads of old episodes from his radio show, including one with a nice Timothy Good interview that I listened to earlier.
Thanks Kryptonite, I downloaded two huge archive collections of old shows a few months back, should still be up on Pirate Bay, if anyone wants to download them I can start seeding the one titled ''The Ultimate Art Bell Collection Part 1 of 2'' it's 34.4 GB, some great old episodes.

FrKadash

Justified & Ancient
Just read this decent article, from April 2018,

From east of the Rockies to beyond the fringe
How Art Bell and ‘Coast to Coast AM’ turned conspiracy radio into a theater of the mind.
Like Orson Welles’s War of the Worlds or the overnight radio pioneer Long Jon Nebel before him, Art Bell amalgamated the ambience of the twilight and the crackling, wobbly, “theater of the mind” quality offered by AM radio to architect an immersive world that was mysterious, intriguing, a bit foreboding, sometimes unsettling, and often outright absurd, but always with the whimsy of campy horror or a B-movie.
https://theoutline.com/post/4343/art-bell-coast-to-coast-am-obitiuary

Just noticed that my sketch in the post above has vanished, and the option to edit is gone too...

Art Bell, 10-02-19.jpg

Last edited: