• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
If you search your favourite podcast provider for Art Bell Archive, or Classic Art Bell Podcast, you'll find loads of old episodes from his radio show, including one with a nice Timothy Good interview that I listened to earlier.

Thanks Kryptonite, I downloaded two huge archive collections of old shows a few months back, should still be up on Pirate Bay, if anyone wants to download them I can start seeding the one titled ''The Ultimate Art Bell Collection Part 1 of 2'' it's 34.4 GB, some great old episodes.

Recently did this study sketch of the man himself,

52008494_10155875352776994_5347802009477054464_n.jpg

Just read this decent article, from April 2018,

From east of the Rockies to beyond the fringe
How Art Bell and ‘Coast to Coast AM’ turned conspiracy radio into a theater of the mind.
Like Orson Welles’s War of the Worlds or the overnight radio pioneer Long Jon Nebel before him, Art Bell amalgamated the ambience of the twilight and the crackling, wobbly, “theater of the mind” quality offered by AM radio to architect an immersive world that was mysterious, intriguing, a bit foreboding, sometimes unsettling, and often outright absurd, but always with the whimsy of campy horror or a B-movie.

https://theoutline.com/post/4343/art-bell-coast-to-coast-am-obitiuary

Just noticed that my sketch in the post above has vanished, and the option to edit is gone too...

Art Bell, 10-02-19.jpg

Last edited:
If you search your favourite podcast provider for Art Bell Archive, or Classic Art Bell Podcast, you'll find loads of old episodes from his radio show, including one with a nice Timothy Good interview that I listened to earlier.

I couldn't say this is complete, but here is a collection of old shows that should keep anybody busy for a long time.

1,338 shows:

https://the-eye.eu/public/Radio/The Ultimate Art Bell Collection/Shows/

Note: the very first show listed (the only one from 1992) is fragmented and a low-quality recording; the second, on the Philadelphia Experiment, is the place to start.

I tried to found Coast to Coast forums , and fount that the main forum of that program is closed and dont allow new registers. Is quite strange for a so huge program, dont you think? Is the conspiroesphere conspirating itself :)

I tried to found Coast to Coast forums , and fount that the main forum of that program is closed and dont allow new registers. Is quite strange for a so huge program, dont you think? Is the conspiroesphere conspirating itself :)
The program was left to and/or bought by a different producer, I imagine they're profiting on the re-runs. I'm not aware of any live new programming. I don't like Bell, who could fill an hour with two minutes worth of hard material, and don't follow the program but it's regularly on one of my local stations late Saturday nights.

I couldn't say this is complete, but here is a collection of old shows that should keep anybody busy for a long time.

1,338 shows:

https://the-eye.eu/public/Radio/The Ultimate Art Bell Collection/Shows/

Note: the very first show listed (the only one from 1992) is fragmented and a low-quality recording; the second, on the Philadelphia Experiment, is the place to start.

Follow-up: somebody on YouTube is doing God's work.

Daily Dose of Art Bell (Edit: rewarded by YouTube with account deletion--sorry)

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCUTQU-XJT-skl_h8LP6LM7w/playlists

This archive is not quite so complete, but the shows are better labelled (great URL, too):

ftp://major.butt.care/mirrors/Art%20Bell/Shows/

Last edited:
I've heard him called "George Snory" lol... occasionally I still encounter a fun episode but not frequently enough to justify the late hour.

It is claimed that Art Bell pushed the idea of shadow people on this radio show for many years.

These are humanoid shadows, some with red eyes, that at night stand in the corner of your bedroom and stare at you.

Just by accident I watched a Travel Channel show called Ghosts playing supposedly people’s true stories of their

encounter with ghosts.

The subject was a high school student who claimed he was harassed by the shadow people all through high school.

My wife thinks she has seen one or two shadow people out of the corner of her eye over the many years.

I seen a lot of strangeness, but I have never seen a shadow person.

Have you seen a shadow person. ?

Troublingly, unless I'm missing something deliberate, there's an identical mistake on both Art and Ramona's headstones.

SmartSelect_20220101-014056_Samsung Internet.jpg

Art broadcasting on KSBK, an AM Station based in Okinawa.

Art-Bell.jpg

A brief clip from Feb. '69 that proves what age and heavy smoking do to your voice (Marlboro, 1 to 2 packs per day).

This 2015 interview was re-aired shortly after Art Bell's death in 2018 and is now/still available online. The interviewer is Michael Harrison, publisher of Talkers, a trade magazine for talk radio based in Longmeadow, MA. It's a good place for the uninitiated to find out more about Art and his broadcasting.

https://www.podcastone.com/episode/Art-Bell

That's a cool find.

Many years ago I actually had my email read over the air....

At the time I had a habit of staying up late and listening (IIRC, he came on at midnight in my area) and there was a caller who would randomly call in and play a clip of R. Lee Ermy as a drill sergeant yelling things. He was stumped as to what was being played, and asked if anyone could identify it and, if so, send what he called an email "fast blast" to him.

I was able to ID it as a clip of Ermy, and suggested it might be from Full Metal Jacket (not my kinda movie, so I've never seen the whole thing). That's all. It was neat to me at the time.

Follow-up: somebody on YouTube is doing God's work.

Daily Dose of Art Bell (Edit: rewarded by YouTube with account deletion--sorry)

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCUTQU-XJT-skl_h8LP6LM7w/playlists

Another hero takes up the baton.

If you prefer the simplistic interface of YouTube, this channel is uploaded multiple shows per day:

(I'm currently listening to this one on TWA Flight 800: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TWA_Flight_800)

The only disadvantage is that they are not appearing in chronological order.

Art broadcasting on KSBK, an AM Station based in Okinawa.

View attachment 51923

A brief clip from Feb. '69 that proves what age and heavy smoking do to your voice (Marlboro, 1 to 2 packs per day).

Theme song is awkwardly-titled surf classic 'Out Of Limits' by the Marketts:

First pressings were issued as "Outer Limits", named and surf-styled after the television program of the same name. However, Rod Serling sued the Marketts for quoting the four note motif from his television show, The Twilight Zone, without his approval, which resulted in the change of the title to "Out of Limits". (Wikipedia)

Art has been dead and buried for four and a half years now, and one optimistic eBay merchant has had this precious artefact up for sale for at least the past three years at the bargain price of $259.99 (reduced from $399.99!)

s-l1600-56.jpgs-l1600-59.jpgs-l1600-58.jpgs-l1600-57.jpg

If I recall the on-air promotion, Art and Ramona were eating in a restaurant and the pizza sauce they had was judged by Art to be the best ever, so Ramona noted the ingredients and set to making her own version, which, in characteristically eccentric fashion, Art then decided to market.

This has to be at least sixteen years old, so I assume any future buyer would be acquiring It for memorabilia value, not culinary:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1148522771...sSczMc%2Bo3iXzuR6kwe|ampid:PL_CLK|clp:2047675

Please tell me somebody here has tried it.

Elsewhere, a new upload.

If I'm not mistaken, there is some new material in here that is not circulating on the large archives of his material.

Elsewhere, a new upload.

If I'm not mistaken, there is some new material in here that is not circulating on the large archives of his material.

And another twelve-hour binge has been uploaded (radio-recorded, so it has moments of poor clarity):

Wow, that stuff looks dangerous! I mean both the vintage sauce and the rabbit holes.

During one of Art's earlier retirement episodes, he marketed some CDs with tons of stuff from his website. What a website that was! There were many links, photos, and stories and who knows what all else. They were available in a few different shapes. I decided to skip the novelty versions and opted for the normal round disc, thinking it was less likely to be troublesome. I ran across it a few computers ago, probably in the Windows 7 era, and it all still seemed to work. I'll have to see if I still have it, and if so then I'll fire up some machine that has an optical drive and see what's in there. Maybe I'll copy it all to a thumb drive or something.

Wow, that stuff looks dangerous! I mean both the vintage sauce and the rabbit holes.

During one of Art's earlier retirement episodes, he marketed some CDs with tons of stuff from his website. What a website that was! There were many links, photos, and stories and who knows what all else. They were available in a few different shapes. I decided to skip the novelty versions and opted for the normal round disc, thinking it was less likely to be troublesome. I ran across it a few computers ago, probably in the Windows 7 era, and it all still seemed to work. I'll have to see if I still have it, and if so then I'll fire up some machine that has an optical drive and see what's in there. Maybe I'll copy it all to a thumb drive or something.

I'd be very interested to see what you can turn up, Austin.

I've been listening to Art Bell for between and hour and two every day since I began commuting last June.

It takes an effort of will to believe that he's dead.

I've very much enjoyed returning to--mostly--the 90s and 'tasting the air', so to speak.

I'd really like to move back to the 90s.

It seems like I've seen that CD in the past year. I just looked in a few places I thought likely, but nothing yet. I came across a thread at Reddit about the frantic Area 51 caller and the whole broadcast going off the air. I wasn't listening as it happened, but that was quite the drama. Listening decades later, it still packs a punch. I mean, what if it was real? I was a fan of the Mel's Hole mystery for a while. It didn't seem very credible either, but it sure was fun.

Back