• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

I Need Help Identifying This Creature

andrew paterson

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
i was in the reserve near my house when i saw something that can only be described as inhuman. this creature when on four legs was as tall as a great dane but when it stood up it was as tall as a full grown grisly bear. it had black fur and bright red eyes but it was too dark to see anything else. i had my hunting bow with me but the creature looked at me and all i could do was run because of the fear it instilled in me. please help me figure out what it was because i need to know....

i was in the reserve near my house when i saw something that can only be described as inhuman. this creature when on four legs was as tall as a great dane but when it stood up it was as tall as a full grown grisly bear. it had black fur and bright red eyes but it was too dark to see anything else. i had my hunting bow with me but the creature looked at me and all i could do was run because of the fear it instilled in me. please help me figure out what it was because i need to know....
Black Shuck on holiday ?

First, and assuming this isn't a wind up, where was this? And are you new to the area?

please help me figure out what it was because i need to know....

Firstly, it's highly likely that however much you learn you may never know what is was. Accept that from the start Andrew. Secondly - you saw it, we didn't. You are infinitely more likely to be closer to an understanding than we are. Ask yourself- what was it?

However, if you do want some help here you're going to need to give a lot more information. I would suggest you also attempt a sketch and post it. Give us something to work with mate ;)

Some context would be useful before we can engage with you on this.
Location? Country?
Apart from the really vague description, what did it look like?
What you describe could be a grizzly bear. In which case, you were very lucky it didn't follow you.

My first instinct is that your (vague) description sounds very much like a dogman. However, I agree with the rest. We need more of a description if we're to help.

Back