• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

I Wanna See Personal Pictures Of Ghosts

A

Anonymous

i wanna see your own ghost photos ,ive got some[but dont know how to put them on]
we could have a rating system to see what ones look real.
or it could be sounds:)

I only have fake pictures. Has anyone else experimented with photo shop to add ghosts and other entities to otherwise normal family photos?

yeah, not much of a challenge though.. a misty blob of white, and hey presto.

OT, i've been playing with photoshop all afternoon actually. i bought a very cheap drawing tablet with a gift voucher i got for xmas.. but goddamn it's fun, any fellow pshop addicts out there who haven't tried it, i heartily recommed it.

fun for all the family!

I agree that it's fun. I'm not talking about white blobs, I'm talking about lake monsters, aliens, and trying to make them look real or just absurd. They're sort of "what we wish we saw" photos.

My daughter's BF was shown a photo which seemed to show the late man of the house reflected in the TV after his death! We scanned it and I will look it out.

Tulip Tree said:
I agree that it's fun. I'm not talking about white blobs, I'm talking about lake monsters, aliens, and trying to make them look real or just absurd. They're sort of "what we wish we saw" photos.
Myself and a couple of others take these photos. The rules we follow are that they have to be of something known (rather than a made-up ghost/monster/whatever), the photo must be taken in the normal habitat/location and digital editing besides scanning/sharpening etc strictly forbidden. The picture must stand on its own and not rely on photoshop blurring or drawing.

So far the pictures are very few. A shot of a UFO above Death Valley near Area 51, and the Loch Ness monster. (I'm not counting one of a dragon on the lower reaches of Snowdon on the grounds that it looks too fluffy :D )
Both of those could easily go in a gallery of the 'real things' without drawing too much objection...

Steve.

Sounds like fun, sjwk. :D I'm afraid all mine are terribly faked in photoshop. We should post some of our favorites. I wish I could do it without giving away my full name for all the anonymous viewers. I've got to do some adjusting to my web page.

Quixote, that is one of my favorite photos. Especially with the idea that it would have been too hot for anyone to actually be standing there. Very spooky story, too, about a little ghost girl who may be starting terrible fires.

As would be BUT the phot' in question, was, at least 2 years ago, analysed and found to have CRT scan lines across it, making it, invariably a fake using photographic and video juxtaposition.
It did actually feature (Whistle blown and all) on a TV prog' a few years back.
Please show the pics of the Televisual images of deceased personages manifesting, as I have seen images which where shown in international magazine publications of local (to me) people(Sue & Trev Castleford West Yorks) who had captured their dead son in a photograph of an apparent turned off TV screen! Although the flex and plug were either out of shot or obviously plugged in and on!(Don't quote me on this as publication matters)
Can we ever have some form of evidence which stands up to the slightest scrutiny PLEASE???
I'm at my F***ng wit's end! (LOL)
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!!
SI thi!!!
Spill'!xxxx

I think its been bandied around this MB a few times as its quite true but I'll repete it for effect ;)

To a beliver everything is evidence, to a sceptic everything is fake.

even if a genuine, untampered photograph of a ghost were to appear then someone who dosen't belive in ghosts would insist that it had been faked but they didn't know exactly how it was faked.

there is the school of thought that if ghosts are not a physical presence independant of an observer then they cannot be photographed as a photo takes a picture of things that are obseved by all. If there were a real undeniable photo of a ghost availible therefore many theorys such as the recording theory or the angry teanagers/ Matilda theory of poltergists would be discredited.

-
This isn't a personal photo but it is still interesting anyway. The photo in the link was taken when Wem's Town Hall (Shropshire, UK) burned to the ground on the 19th November 1995.
-

So why was the author of the photo taking a picture of nothing inparticular? A wall and perhaps a banister???:confused:

Lord_Flashheart said:
...there is the school of thought that if ghosts are not a physical presence independant of an observer then they cannot be photographed as a photo takes a picture of things that are obseved by all. If there were a real undeniable photo of a ghost availible therefore many theorys such as the recording theory or the angry teanagers/ Matilda theory of poltergists would be discredited.
Not sure I follow your reasoning there, Flash. Elsewhere we've discussed the possibility (indeed likelihood) that there are lots of different types of ghost - proof of existence of one type wouldn't necessarily negate, or prove, the existence of another.

Hiya PintQuaff

PintQuaff said:
- The photo in the link was taken when Wem's Town Hall (Shropshire, UK) burned to the ground on the 19th November 1995.
So why was the author of the photo taking a picture of nothing inparticular? A wall and perhaps a banister???:confused:

From what I recall of the local press coverage at the time, the chap was basically taking images of the fire at the Town Hall, he wasn't intentionally trying to capture a 'ghost' image. The figure of the young girl was only noticed when the film was developed.

Quixote said:
Hiya PintQuaff

From what I recall of the local press coverage at the time, the chap was basically taking images of the fire at the Town Hall, he wasn't intentionally trying to capture a 'ghost' image. The figure of the young girl was only noticed when the film was developed.

I'm pretty sure I have seen something on the telly about ghost pics and this one was proved to be a fake.

I was taking pictures of our Oliver last night (dig the spooky luminous eyes!) and I took a photo of an orb!

. . . well, what other well-meaning people on other sites would describe as an orb, I suppose . . .

Carole

For comparison, here's a pic I took just a second or two afterwards.

Carole

I'm more scared of those bike-lamp eyes :eek:

Yeah, dead good our Oliver - couldn't knock the skin off a rice pudding when it comes to the crunch, though . . .

Carole

I posted the link to the photo as I hadn't seen it elsewhere on the MB.

I don't believe that this photo is paranormal, I should have posted an individual disclaimer with the link.

edited a comment

Ghosts - Personal Pictures

I have not taken any pictures of ghosts myself (as far as I'm aware) but have you checked out:

http://www.ghoststudy.com/gallery.html

Loads and loads of pics going back to 1999 I think. Some of them look real fake but others, well, I'm not so sure...

Gives me the creeps looking but just can't help myself. Check it out peeps and let me know what you think.:eek:

Most ghost photos seem to be of the 'Mrs Smith didn't see anything unusual when she took the photograph.....' type.

Are there any cases of someone saying 'look theres a ghost and I have a camera with me.'?

(Not counting orbs because they are dust!)

carole said:
I was taking pictures of our Oliver last night (dig the spooky luminous eyes!) and I took a photo of an orb!

. . . well, what other well-meaning people on other sites would describe as an orb, I suppose . . .

Carole

I think you may have captured Olivers thoughts Carole...

liveinabin said:
Most ghost photos seem to be of the 'Mrs Smith didn't see anything unusual when she took the photograph.....' type.

Are there any cases of someone saying 'look theres a ghost and I have a camera with me.'?

(Not counting orbs because they are dust!)

Orbs are not dust, they are just really really round ghosts!

Re: Ghosts - Personal Pictures

RachelVK said:
I have not taken any pictures of ghosts myself (as far as I'm aware) but have you checked out:

http://www.ghoststudy.com/gallery.html

Loads and loads of pics going back to 1999 I think. Some of them look real fake but others, well, I'm not so sure...

Gives me the creeps looking but just can't help myself. Check it out peeps and let me know what you think.:eek:

This one put me in mind of the recent Hampton Court ghost.

Some of the pics are surely the product of an over-active imagination and/or wishful thinking. But one or two are rather creepy, whether they're genuine or not . . .

Carole

G.g.g.g.ghosts....

Another good site is http://www.paranormal.about.com

Can just about cope with looking at pictures, anything like video just frightens me...

There was a prog on Bravo the other night where people had sat video cameras up in their homes after weird goings on during the evenings - scary... Did anyone see it? I watched from behind a cushion then had to sleep with the light on for a couple of nights.

I must admit that ghoststudy.com really gets on my tits. The supposed ghosts are mostly clearly faults on the film, shadows etc and the blind enthusiasm that they have for the supernatural rather than a cold, analytical view is soooo annoying.

But there you go.

I really would like to beleive in ghosts 100% but it's only going to happen with irefutable proof. Irefutable proof is not a dodgy photo of someone's lounge with a bit of blurring in the top corner.

Also, if you were a spirit, disembodied, not tied to anything and with all the time in the universe to explore everything, why in the name of all that is right would you hang around a graveyard?

Back