• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

I want It to happen to me!!

dman1222

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I've been reading post on this website for little over a year now from doppelgangers to time travel. I want something out of the ordinary to happen to me. Is it possible to make something paranorimal happen without using a ouigi (dont know how to spell it) board or anything like that.

Are you averse to spending time in haunted houses too?

You could try a spot of lucid dreaming, reading Castaneda is a good starting point.

Has nothing odd/inexplicable ever happened to you? I didnt think much had happened to me until I sat down and added up the occasions...

me too, id like any fortean event to happen to me, ive done the haunted house thing - no bananas! know better than to mess with an ouija and scorn most people with stupid claims! maybe one day eh?

ive tried lucid dreaming but got scared after reading a post someone had posted about going into another dimmension. I was just trying it to have premonitions.

HenryFort said:
Has nothing odd/inexplicable ever happened to you? I didnt think much had happened to me until I sat down and added up the occasions...

How did you come up with things to "add up" if you thought nothing odd had happened to you? Do you have any tips for how one might look back at his/her experiences from a different perspective?

The secret is perhaps what it always is - don't try too hard.

Lots of weird things have happened to me and those close to me, but never when we expected them to.

Perhaps it's bound up with human nature, or physiology even. Like when couples don't conceive until they give up trying, and then - ;)

Most of the weirdness that's happened to me has been either pointless in itself, or meaningful only to me and those close.

For example, since a group of family deaths last year, my family have had many experiences which are significant and comforting to us, but most of which I will not share on here as they are too personal.

So if anyone wants to experience weirdness, my advice would be

a. Forget about it for now and enjoy being alive.
b. When a small phenomenom crops up, such as a group of related coincidences, smile and enjoy it.
c. Don't push it. There may come a time when wanting to see a ghost is the least of your problems.

And carry your camera everywhere. You never know. ;)

As Escargot notes, people who try the hardest to experince something odd never do.

This is why monster hunts fail, all night vigils for UFOs show no results, and the various "reality" ghost hunting shows are bollocks.

This sort of thing takes you unaware, generally in the course of very mundane life.

Exactly.

I am going on an all night ghost vigil soon and expect to see nothing. I do expect to have a good laugh with some dear friends though and anything else will be a bonus!

You could try a near-death experience, but make sure someone can revive you in time - the film Flatliners should give you some ideas.

Time travel is another option. Just pay a trip to Cumbernauld - that place is still stuck in some sort of timewarp. Belgium is another option.

UFO spotting is easy. Just pitch yourself up outside any top secret airbase. Scotland is another good one. Or you could go to Groome Lake in America. It's really weird how these places seem to attract aliens.

Finally, you could try ghost hunting. It's got to be done in the dark with an hysterical female. When it goes cold or a door slams, you definitely have experienced the paranormal (windy winter nights are best for this).

Good luck, and come back and report your findings. If the flatlining goes tits up, you could always report back through a medium.

HenryFort said:

That is a really good point. When I started reading this site I thought to myself that the only paranormal experience I had ever had was seeing a ghosts (on 3 occasions). However, after reading through the posts other experiences throughout my life came back to me. Even things that I had accepted as being normal and hadn't even viewed as being paranormal suddenly stood out and I realised that they weren't everyday occurrences. Now I have realised that I have actually experienced loads of paranormal stuff. So much in fact that I have only posted a few on these boards, as I fear that if I post all of them people on here will just think that I am making them up. I am relatively new to the boards and I don't want people thinking that I am just making stuff up for attention.

Theres a degree of viewpoint involved also. Where some people might shrug their shoulders and move on after some weird thing happens, another person might wonder "well, what actually happened here, is this normal, can I explain all this?"

Still another type of person will be utterly unaware of the thing.

It can happen in hindsight, too. Thinking back to events that momentarily seemed strange but havent been lingered on, you can suddenly be struck by how odd they actually were.

(My car breakdown story being a case in point:
http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26816&highlight=)

Frankly, Id find it kinder weird if, over the course of 30 or so years, there is nothing in someones life that stands out as mildly paranormal, fortean, etc.

BorleyRector wrote:

You could try a near-death experience, but make sure someone can revive you in time - the film Flatliners should give you some ideas.

I do hope you're not serious: that would be a very stupid thing to suggest. :evil:

On a lighter note, Yes I would like something paranormal myself - only not when I wake up in a cold sweat at three in the morning utterly convinced that Martians have invaded the house - again! (Note to self: must stop listening to Jeff Wayne late at night).

Pearl_Knight said:
BorleyRector wrote:

I do hope you're not serious: that would be a very stupid thing to suggest. :evil:

On a lighter note, Yes I would like something paranormal myself - only not when I wake up in a cold sweat at three in the morning utterly convinced that Martians have invaded the house - again! (Note to self: must stop listening to Jeff Wayne late at night).[/quote

I was DEADLY serious!!! So was the rest of my post. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Well, Borleyrector:

I was DEADLY serious!!! So was the rest of my post.

Indeed? So you are actively encouraging people to bring themselves to the point of death; to as near as commit suicide as it is possible to get?

You must be confident that anyone who takes your advice will have consumate ability to judge that fine line. Someone who goes into it thinking 'yeah, man, what a cool idea' and approaches it in a really half-arsed fashion runs an appalling risk.

It will not be a justification to throw up one's hands and say :"It was their choice, they didn't have to take my advice". No, neither did you - a presumeably responsible individual - have to suggest it.

I'm sure Michael Hutchins didn't intend to kill himself, either.

:evil:

Pearl_Knight said:

Who was Michael Hutchins? :confused:

Mythopoeika said:
Pearl_Knight said:

Who was Michael Hutchins? :confused:

I think PK means Michael Hutchence, lead singer of Australian rock band INXS who was found dead in his hotel room about ten years ago. His death was called into question about whether it was a suicide or a solo sex game gone wrong.

Who was Michael Hutchins?

Mythopeika asked:

Who was Michael Hutchins?

He was the lead singer on Australian band INXS.

He died in a hotel room after a session of auto-erotic asphyxiation went wrong. In other words, to get a bigger thrill out of orgasm he put a belt around his neck to choke off his air supply at the critical moment (some people do) and he misjudged it.

Very sad, he was a good singer, but troubled.

Spelling error!

GNCXX wrote:

I think PK means Michael Hutchence, lead singer of Australian rock band INXS

Quite so, GNCXX, mea culpa, I got the spelling wrong, thanks for that.

As you say, the jury is still out on which theory about Michael's death is nearer the mark, but given the alledged appearance of the deceased when he was discovered, the sex-game theory does seem to hold water.

Pearl_Knight said:

if youd slept with Paula Yates, wouldnt you feel suicidal? ;)

Stuneville - got a sale on have they? Pick me up a case of sparkly Shiraz, would you?

Back