• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

If You Could Observe One Famous UFO Event, Which Would It Be?

What would happen if you appeared at the sight of the UFO encounter and YOU were the UFO encounter? :p

I think my head would explode... :hahazebs: As it happens I have had a UAP experience and I'd quite like to go back in time and re observe that to be honest!

I'd be glad to hear more about it, I was living a couple of miles away at the time. Apparently he swore it was true to the day he died.
I spoke to my dad any unfortunately he had never heard of the incident, but the name Alfred Burtoo rang a bell, he just couldnt recall where the bell was sounding lol

... I'm undecided although there's part of me that would be tempted to choose a famous abduction case. Whilst I'm pretty sceptical of abduction cases I think it's very likely you'd clearly find out whether it actually took place, one way or another. ...

That's a good point about the abduction cases. One of my favorite options would be to invisibly ride along with Betty and Barney Hill on their fateful nighttime drive through the New Hampshire backcountry. I'd like to see what they (really) saw and witness the chain of events they experienced that night.

I spoke to my dad any unfortunately he had never heard of the incident, but the name Alfred Burtoo rang a bell, he just couldnt recall where the bell was sounding lol
That's a shame, but it was a long time ago.

I'm kinda surprised no one's nominated the Cash / Landrum incident. It had multiple witnesses and specific descriptions of what they claimed to have seen.

That's a shame, but it was a long time ago.
There was an old guy called Arthur Attwood who used to be known as Mr.Basingstoke, he was the go to local historian of Basingstoke and the surrounding area, and wrote many books on the subject, im not sure if it is mentioned in any of his books but it may be somewhere to start looking. Also local newspaper archives

The Maurice Masse/Valensole case is another candidate for me.

How about Linda Cortile?

Not sure this is included in UFO category, but: Marion visits, Zeitoun, Egypt 1968-1970, witnessed by thousands and documented by hundreds of photographs. If you UFOlogists reject this categorically (get it? category?? get it???), than I choose any occurrence which left physical evidence - electromagnetic, thermal, or radiation - which would be difficult or impossible to fake at the time.

I really agree with Vallee's (God, I hope it was Vallee) expanding the UFO scope to include similar events which have generally been assigned to a different category or cause. These others are, I recall, religious (Marion visits), psychic, or otherworldly (fairies).

That's a good point about the abduction cases. One of my favorite options would be to invisibly ride along with Betty and Barney Hill on their fateful nighttime drive through the New Hampshire backcountry. I'd like to see what they (really) saw and witness the chain of events they experienced that night.

Yep that was the one that I'd pick ....but keeping a fair distance back .... just in case lol

Sollywos x

Last edited:
Easy. Battle over Nuremberg.

https://www.ancient-code.com/the-aerial-battle-of-1561-over-nuremberg-mass-ufo-sighting/

“In the morning of April 14, 1561, at daybreak, between 4 and 5 a.m., a dreadful apparition occurred on the sun, and then this was seen in Nuremberg in the city, before the gates and in the country – by many men and women. At first there appeared in the middle of the sun two blood-red semi-circular arcs, just like the moon in its last quarter. And in the sun, above and below and on both sides, the color was blood, there stood a round ball of partly dull, partly black ferrous color. Likewise there stood on both sides and as a torus about the sun such blood-red ones and other balls in large number, about three in a line and four in a square, also some alone. In between these globes there were visible a few blood-red crosses, between which there were blood-red strips, becoming thicker to the rear and in the front malleable like the rods of reed-grass, which were intermingled, among them two big rods, one on the right, the other to the left, and within the small and big rods there were three, also four and more globes. These all started to fight among themselves, so that the globes, which were first in the sun, flew out to the ones standing on both sides, thereafter, the globes standing outside the sun, in the small and large rods, flew into the sun. Besides the globes flew back and forth among themselves and fought vehemently with each other for over an hour. And when the conflict in and again out of the sun was most intense, they became fatigued to such an extent that they all, as said above, fell from the sun down upon the earth ‘as if they all burned’ and they then wasted away on the earth with immense smoke. After all this there was something like a black spear, very long and thick, sighted; the shaft pointed to the east, the point pointed west

Who wouldn't want to see that?:popc:

If I could nominate a second, it'd be the Pascagoula abduction of Charles Hickson and Calvin Parker. This has fascinated me from the time I first read of it. I think too that the eerie descriptions of the abducting aliens has always made this one stick in my mind and I'd love to know the actual truth behind the story.

There was no UFO sighting involved in the Roswell incident. It began and ended with the discovery, recovery and cursory display of the mystery debris Brazel found and reported. In other words, there'd be nothing to see except the debris publicly alleged to be from a 'flying saucer'.

Some associate the Corona / Plains of San Agustin UFO crash story with Roswell, but it was a separately reported and disseminated event. If one were to want to potentially see a UFO in or around July 1947 it would be best to aim the Wayback Machine at Corona rather than Roswell.

You're right of course, but I suppose that he means the ostensibly implied event.

If there was debris, it came from somewhere, and he--like me--would very much like to know where this was.

If the origin was 'the sky', as is popularly assumed, then there was something unidentified flying (or falling) around at some stage.

THIS ONE -

space.jpg

... If there was debris, it came from somewhere, and he--like me--would very much like to know where this was.
If the origin was 'the sky', as is popularly assumed, then there was something unidentified flying (or falling) around at some stage.

True, but ... Mac Brazel found the debris after a night in which there'd been one or more severe thunderstorms. In the early days of reporting the incident it was commonly assumed the 'saucer' had crashed as a result of the storm(s). If the debris was 'fresh' there's little likelihood one could have seen the source aloft during the storm.

Furthermore ... If the debris hadn't fallen or blown to where Brazel found it the immediately preceding night it's anybody's guess how many days and nights one might have to survey to have a chance at seeing the source.

Back