• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

If You Could Observe One Famous UFO Event, Which Would It Be?

I'm sure the Nurnberg event would be very entertaining and spectacular, but I'm also sure the phenomena would all be naturally occurring ones.

As discussed in that thread,
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/ghost-rockets-in-1650-sky-battle-of-nuremberg.55621/

the description of the Nurnberg event is consistent with a mediaeval account of a particularly spectacular display of parhelia, and the illustration is consistent with other similar depictions of such displays. Sure, it would be great to see the event, but if you were looking for aliens you'd waste your time.

I'm sure the Nurnberg event would be very entertaining and spectacular, but I'm also sure the phenomena would all be naturally occurring ones.

As discussed in that thread,
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/ghost-rockets-in-1650-sky-battle-of-nuremberg.55621/

the description of the Nurnberg event is consistent with a mediaeval account of a particularly spectacular display of parhelia, and the illustration is consistent with other similar depictions of such displays. Sure, it would be great to see the event, but if you were looking for aliens you'd waste your time.
I would like to see it even more then as I love to look for atmospheric phenomena and have seen some real crackers but nothing like that. :D

Except that if you read the text below that depiction, you'll see that during that event in 1651, some of those objects burned on the ground (seen in lower right of depiction).
And in Basel:

"It happened in 1566 three times, on 27 and 28 of July, and on August 7, against the sunrise and sunset; we saw strange shapes in the sky above Basel.
During the year 1566, on the 27th of July, after the sun had shone warm on the clear, bright skies, and then around 9 pm, it suddenly took a different shape and color. First, the sun lost all its radiance and luster, and it was no bigger than the full moon, and finally it seemed to weep tears of blood and the air behind him went dark. And he was seen by all the people of the city and countryside. In much the same way also the moon, which has already been almost full and has shone through the night, assuming an almost blood-red color in the sky. The next day, Sunday, the sun rose at about six o'clock and slept with the same appearance it had when it was lying before. He lit the houses, streets and around as if everything was blood-red and fiery. At the dawn of August 7, we saw large black spheres coming and going with great speed and precipitation before the sun and chattered as if they led a fight. Many of them were fiery red and, soon crumbled and then extinguished

Except for some of these objects dying off, the event and maneuvers of the objects are remarkably similar to the Farmington event. I'd even suggest that objects were being created in first event and then returning at Farmington event.

The murmurations of robotic UFO probes? :evil:

Last edited:
The Farmington event was cottonwood seeds. Nothing like as spectacular as a parhelia display.

The Farmington event was cottonwood seeds. Nothing like as spectacular as a parhelia display.
That is disputed by many witnesses. Only one person --a Sheriff, iirc. said that, and he was trying to calm folks down, I think. Some folks were crying, it was disturbing.
https://www.koat.com/article/witness-recalls-1950-farmington-ufo-armada/5068732#

"Patty Tharp of the San Juan County Historical Society is the niece of one of the witnesses to the incident, Clayton Boddy, who served as the business manager of The Daily Times in 1950. She recalls her late uncle regularly talking about the sighting when she was growing up and said the tale of the UFO armada is well known among the county's older residents.

She remembers her uncle as a man not given to exaggeration, and said he wasn't the kind to call attention to himself by manufacturing outlandish stories. He definitely believed he witnessed something out of the ordinary that day, Tharp said.

"He described the object and said several other people saw it, as well," she said."
https://www.daily-times.com/story/n...illed-skies-above-farmington-1950/5073795002/

The Daily Times' account chronicles how pedestrians along Main Street could be seen looking skyward and pointing, and the paper reportedly was "deluged" with calls from readers reporting the objects, although the story explains that high winds and a dust storm prevented clear vision.

"The account explains how the objects appeared to play tag, traveling at "almost unbelievable speeds." The paper quoted Boddy, a former Army captain, who said he was on Broadway Avenue when he became aware of the phenomenon.
"All of a sudden, I noticed a few moving objects high in the sky," he is reported as having said. "Moments later, there appeared to hundreds of them."
Boddy declined to estimate the size or speed of the objects, but he said they appeared to flying at an altitude of approximately 15,000 feet.
Several other witnesses were quoted in the story, as well, including merchants, housewives, mechanics, insurance agents and Harold F. Thatcher, head of the Farmington unit of the Soil Conservation Service. Thatcher was quoted as emphatically denying a theory that the objects people had seen were bits of cotton floating in the air."

https://www.daily-times.com/story/n...illed-skies-above-farmington-1950/5073795002/

Last edited:
Clouds of indistinct objects of this kind may have been the solution to the Stadio Artemio Franchi event as well. The witnesses say a range of strangely glowing objects in the sky, accompanied by falls of curious web-like angel hair. When tested this material was found to have remarkable tensile strength, and a range of constituents including boron.

Disappointingly, this is consistent with gossamer spiderweb, infused with pollutants including perhaps firework smoke.

I think the Farmington objects, the objects from 1561, foo fighters, "Go Fast", a dozen similar sightings of small metallic spheres some with halos --in the historic newspapers thread, and the sightings of 10 small silver discs flying in perfect triangular formation that my astronomer friend David Rose saw in Portland in the '50s are all the same type of objects, perhaps even the same objects. Imagine if we could send a device that could generate small Von Neumann probes into a solar system or region of a galaxy. If we could, we would.

many-us-pilots-mentioned-foo-fighters-in-their-books.jpg

Last edited:
Easy: Voronezh, central Russia between 24th and 29th September, 1989

What allegedly occured functions almost as the archeyypal Close Encounter of the Third Kind event in being awkward, perplexing and hard to completely over-rule. Except that if occured in a country - and region - which at that time had had far less exposure to UFOlore.

So on the 29 of September of that year (with similar incidents within that week) a spherical object landed in a park and out of it came giant humanoid with a flat head and what appeared to be a robot companion which began to reconnoitre the park area in frot of a crowd of children. Then more witnesses gathered - adults this time from a nearby bus stop.

Some of the details given have embasassing `Batllestar Gallactica` type overtones: the humanoid had a revolving red eye, the robot a row of buttons on it chest - and one of them caused a boy (who challeneged the creatures) to disappear for a while by pointing a tube at him. And so on.

What makes it all the more extraordinary is that it was the the normally staid TASS news outlet who ran with the story (although Pravda did not) - and only thereafter did the Western press get hold of it.

In fact, some have chosen to view the whole incident as nothing more than journalists testing the limits of their new found freedoms in the era of glasnost - by cooking up a juicy tale in the Daily Sport tradition like the one above!

And yet...and yet the witnesses (and these included people of repute like top ranking policemen and academics) stuck by their story and appeared on TV shows etc retelling it.

Vallee was sufficiently impressed to visit Russia shortly afterwards - but he was disallowed from visitng Voronezh itself and had to be content with kicking his heels in Moscow. (It was still the Soviet Union).

I visited Voronezh -the stress is on the first syllable btw- a few years back. It's a typical central Russian town: industrial, dull and mildly impoversihed. None of the young people I asked about it seemed to know what I was talking about. I found no plaques or parts of local museums that mentioned the event. So a financial-tourist explanation for the story can be ruled out, I think.

I am inclined to believe that Something Happened on those nights - but whatever it was has been subsequently embellished by grandiloquent additions. It would be good to be on hand to sort the wheat from the chaf.

Last edited:
So on the 29 of September of that year (with similar incidents within that week) a spherical object landed in a park and out of it came giant humanoid with a flat head and what appeared to be a robot companion which began to reconnoitre the park area in frot of a crowd of children. Then more witnesses gathered - adults this time from a nearby bus stop.
KLh-nmMNMO5Z6GRbeT0qxRLLOtWuqBsJsxnU-8qMlSpNyMuozvWw8pwlWekXqfcjuUHNvy3cykWU6dAK6cCfe2o8wjikRsKF72_ZeXY

Is Rudloe Manor the British Area 51 ?

The American TV program Ancient Aliens had Giorgio A. Tsoukalos. ( big hair ) walk up to Rudloe Manor and Giorgio was in instantly surrounded by security.

The local British people involved with the Welsh Berwyn Mountain crash UFO believe that the pieces of the UFO was taken to Rudloe Manor for storage with other alien bodies and crashed UFOs.

Rudloe Manor is more than a pretty country house.

I would like to know what is going on with Rudloe Manor ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Newsreaders for Sky News?

I looked it up briefly last night and all I got was a clip of a UFO going across the sky during a news broadcast. It was late so I didn't do much digging ... just thought what a strange thing For @MercuryCrest to be interested in! Ah now I know what he means I can see why!

Sollywos x

As was mentioned , the 'Joe Simonton pancake episode' would have been cool to observe right there with Joe......this type of case , high strangeness, is what Dr Vallee focused on later in his career and imho represents the very heart of the matter regarding what we are or are not dealing with regarding genuine space aliens. Dr Vallee mentions some similar werird cases in his books that he felt were 'genuine'......any of those would be worth seeing in person.

As was mentioned , the 'Joe Simonton pancake episode' would have been cool to observe right there with Joe......this type of case , high strangeness, is what Dr Vallee focused on later in his career and imho represents the very heart of the matter regarding what we are or are not dealing with regarding genuine space aliens. Dr Vallee mentions some similar werird cases in his books that he felt were 'genuine'......any of those would be worth seeing in person.
Could would shoulda asked them to make an alien omelet! That would be interesting to analyse...:dinner:

Reading this thread has made me fill in the vast gaps in my UFO events knowledge by looking up the ones mentioned.

I've just read the Villas Boas story and the bit about him being given a tour of the vessel has piqued my interest. I think the Barney and Betty Hill story also includes a guided tour. Are there many accounts of this, rather charming in my opinion, element to abduction stories?

What do other posters think of this aspect? Perhaps it deserves another thread?

Reading this thread has made me fill in the vast gaps in my UFO events knowledge by looking up the ones mentioned.

I've just read the Villas Boas story and the bit about him being given a tour of the vessel has piqued my interest. I think the Barney and Betty Hill story also includes a guided tour. Are there many accounts of this, rather charming in my opinion, element to abduction stories?

I think Alfred Burtoo got a tour too...

Yes as have you checked out Alien Expanse forum UFOnauts:What they look like as 20 pages of some fantastic drawings of our so called out Space family.
https://alienexpanse.com/index.php

Although this isn't the first case I thought of - that was between Kenneth Arnold, Rendlesham and Socorro - if only one incident to revisit, then this one;:

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/triangular-ufo-sightings.66394/post-1935137

Why? Because given the documented background, my instinct is that our depiction of the witness recollection in his, 'encounter', is.... credible evidence I trust.

Would love to have been there, because I can't rationalise any exp!anation at all! :)

Some great cases being put back under the spotlight

For me it would have to be the Welsh UFO flap of 1976-78, in which there were multiple witness accounts of giant silver-suited 'spacemen' and ariel craft. I was 9 years old when those schoolchildren of my age saw the landed UFO near their school:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-38723643

"There were no alien invasions or tales of abduction, yet a UFO sighting by a group of Pembrokeshire school children remains one of the most famous cases in Wales. It was 40 years ago when a class of pupils at Broad Haven Primary School said they spotted a UFO in a field near their playground. It was one of a wave of sightings in the area in 1977 - dubbed the Dyfed Triangle."

Thus it was responsible for my now lifelong interest in UFOs. Unfortunately the witnesses were interviewed by certain individuals who were in it for financial gain and biased towards the ETH hypothesis. Jenny Randles later exposed some of the published claims to be rather doubtful. There have also been some individuals who have since come forward for their 15 minutes of fame and claim to have hoaxed the event but with no evidence to support their assertions. However, despite all this there was definitely something very strange going on that included teleporting cows and poltergeist activity in addition to 'spacemen' and their craft. What is most telling is that all of the witnesses at the heart of the events have never recanted on the evidence they gave.

Back