• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

If You Could Observe One Famous UFO Event, Which Would It Be?

The Broad Haven flap has a definite John Keel quality to it - everything in there from, as you said, teleporting cows to a hoaxer, plus a distinct sense of brooding malevolence. I often wonder if the unusual English character of that bit of Wales played a part in it, culturally speaking.

I seem to remember a lot of the sightings of 'craft' were on or close to the ground, which does suggest a few potential stimuli...

The "silvery flaming wine jar' that fell between two armies in 74 bce in a battle between the forces of Rome and Pontus in Turkey .

Given the description of flames it was obviously a meteor but how awesome would it be to witness that?

But presently, as they were on the point of joining battle, with no apparent change of weather, but all on a sudden, the sky burst asunder, and a huge, flame-like body was seen to fall between the two armies. In shape, it was most like a wine-jar, and in colour, like molten silver. Both sides were astonished at the sight, and separated.

Plutarch, Lucullus

How do you pick just one, Rendlesham, Zamora, Tehran, The Warminster Thing, Shag Harbour, Kenneth Arnolds sighting, The Frederick Valentich disappearance. Ok if I only have one choice I think it would have to be the Stefan Michalak and the Falcon Lake sighting with the McMinnville sighting a close second.
I agree, the Stefan Michalak case has actual physical evidence, and the McMinnville sighting has many photos of a huge object, at different angles.

The Roswell UFO Crash.

If the Army, at first, did not brag about capturing a flying disc to the public, nobody would have never known anything about the Roswell UFO crash.

I would have loved to see this situation in person to see what really happened !

I would want to see the 1945 crash near the nuclear testing sight and watch what the military did when they finally showed up. I also want to see those weird people the boys saw running away.

The Roswell UFO Crash.

If the Army, at first, did not brag about capturing a flying disc to the public, nobody would have never known anything about the Roswell UFO crash.

I would have loved to see this situation in person to see what really happened !
I was reading up on Roswell the other day. Mac Brazel, the rancher who found the debris originally, was very shaken up by it.
He knew what a weather balloon was, and this, according to him, was no weather balloon.
And the debris stretched over a huge area, it was nothing he had ever seen before.
And his animals refused to cross the debris field, it's ridiculous to discount the Roswell case as nothing.

Interesting about the animals.

As a side note, on one of the Travis Taylor’s Skinwalker Ranch episodes, supposedly one of the cattle that got killed by an UFO, Travis showed no animal would approach the dead cattle

Other cattle and normal animal predators stayed far away from the dead cattle.

I'd like to witness the Roswell incident so I can put the whole lot of nonsense to bed and we can all move on.

Reactions: BS3
Picking one is difficult.

Cash Landrum / Rendlesham are interesting but I have an idea that they may be related to clandestine activity by the military not involving UFOs.

Arnold’s sighting, and Roswell because so much of the modern UFO story has been based on them.

The Hill’s abduction and Travis Walton abduction again because so much of the modern abduction/missing time story stems from there.

I think that if a definitive explanation, whatever it is of any of these could be proven it would either strengthen or weaken many other cases.
If I had to pick one, then Roswell.

Last edited:
Back