• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

If You Thought Your Boss Was Bad: Hitler Secretary's Memoirs, etc.

A

Anonymous

...the secretary to Adolf Hitler is publishing her memoirs soon. Since she was a secretary, I guess that makes Hitler a dictator.

*Ba-dum - psst*

Apparently he was nice chap who enjoyed walking his dog in the park, eating mashed potato and exterminating entire races.

BTW, is it true he was a notorious farter? The article seems to suggest it is indeed....

Dark Detective said:
BTW, is it true he was a notorious farter? The article seems to suggest it is indeed....
Hmm.. The same has been alleged about that Libyan chappie Gaddafi. Must be to do with too much dictation.

Yes, I heard that about Gadaffi. Apparently he was interviewed by John Simpson or suchlike and he trouser-coughed so frequently that they could only release a transcript of the interview, they couldn't use the tapes.

Originally posted by Dark Detective
[BBTW, is it true he was a notorious farter? The article seems to suggest it is indeed....
Well, he was a veggie. By gum, it must have been hell in that bunker with him . . . :cross eye

Carole

'Does your boss use his Dictaphone?"

"No he uses his finger like everyone else!"

Boom-boom, the old ones are the best!

Carole

Could probably heat one of his palaces by recycling the methane. :p

Does anyone know of any other people who worked for despots and monsters who've written their biography? I'm always interested to discover what these people were really like to work for.

Fizz said:
Yes, I heard that about Gadaffi. Apparently he was interviewed by John Simpson or suchlike and he trouser-coughed so frequently that they could only release a transcript of the interview, they couldn't use the tapes.

Oh really?! Mahahahaaa I'd love to see that. :D

Maybe Mrs Thatch was partial to the occasional emission.

Just a passing thought - since the British Parliament has been televised, I wonder if any of our esteemed politicians (!) have been heard to trump in the House of Commons?

Re: Re: If you thought your boss was bad...

carole said:
By gum, it must have been hell in that bunker with him . . .

Carole

"Hey, Goebbals! Pull my finger! Go on, it'll be funny!"
*Frp*
"Ahahahahaaa!"
"But mein fuhrer, vot about zee plans for invading Poland?"
"Hang on! Zere's another von brewink!"

...etc.etc.....

Just read the article.... found nothing about the aforesaid 'trouser trumpeting' though ???:cross eye

Dark Detective said:

I seem to recall Billy Connolly speculating whether the world would be a different place if Hitler had let one off during one of his impassioned speeches - and a black shirt nearby had tittered, setting off a chain reaction...

Of course, it's not surprising - everyone in Germany seems to be preoccupied with farting - at least according to my recollection of school German classes - gassing on all the time about his farter, her farter, my farter, your farter. Or was that Vater? I dunno. T'was a long time ago. ;)

My parents worked in Germany for a while and maintained that the Germans as a nation are completely un-hung up about farting etc. No-one gets embarassed at all if one is 'let fly' at a seemly inappropriate moment, or any one gets caught short in a traffic jam they can just wee unashamedly by the road and no-one cares a jot !!

Well, weeing is one thing. As long as you don't do it on the road. But I haven't noticed that Germans should be that relaxed about farting. I'll ask my German friends.

I did once hear a fascinating interview with Stalin's interpreter, who related how during WWII Churchill would come along and say "After this war we have to make sure that America doesn't grab too much influence," then the Americans would come along and say "You know, this is an excellent opportunity to get rid of all these outdated empires."
Must've cheered old Joe no end.

Re: Re: If you thought your boss was bad...

Hermes said:
Of course, it's not surprising - everyone in Germany seems to be preoccupied with farting - at least according to my recollection of school German classes - gassing on all the time about his farter, her farter, my farter, your farter. Or was that Vater? I dunno. T'was a long time ago. ;)

And of course all the exits are marked 'Ausfahrt'!

Carole

As the mother of 12 yr old twin boys who (as well as their natural abilities in that direction) own a remote controlled fart machine, I consider myself something of an expert on the subject . . .

Carole (prrp . . . it was the fart machine, honest!)

I heard an episode of the BBC Witness podcast where they interviewed one of Hitler's secretaries.

She said one of her duties was to answer the Fuehrer's love letters. The surprised-sounding interviewer asked how many love letters Hitler received. "Hundreds," came the reply.

Back