• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Ill-Fated Fitness Follies (Destructive Diet, Exercise & Bodybuilding Practices)

This ill-fated fitness makes me think of a new eating disorder called orthorexia. It's not formerly recognised yet but is definitely a growing problem.

It's where you get obsessed by eating healthily. Which sounds ok considering we are constantly told to eat better but I guess like anything, if you take it too far, it can become harmful.

Do we need to be reminded that singer Peter Andre was hospitalised for eating too many bananas? I think we do.
He was brought in by a mysterious girl.

Do we need to be reminded that singer Peter Andre was hospitalised for eating too many bananas? I think we do.

A set of notes outlining the story in this video can be accessed at:

Here’s What Happens When You Don’t Eat Any Food For 7 Straight Days Then Eat 23 Bananas
https://brobible.com/culture/article/woman-fasts-7-days-eats-23-bananas/

REMINDER: Videos posted without explanation or introduction are subject to immediate deletion without notification or comment.

Last edited by a moderator:

A set of notes outlining the story in this video can be accessed at:

Here’s What Happens When You Don’t Eat Any Food For 7 Straight Days Then Eat 23 Bananas
https://brobible.com/culture/article/woman-fasts-7-days-eats-23-bananas/

REMINDER: Videos posted without explanation or introduction are subject to immediate deletion without notification or comment.

I cannot quite understand the science behind the article - of nutrients going into "Cells"

What cells?

I do get though that a seven day fast followed by 23 bananas is not clever.

And I never knew people injected themselves with oil!!! ...
Yeah Synthol. ...

A Brazilian bodybuilder who injected himself with Synthol (oil) to pump up the size, but not the strength, of his muscles has died suddenly at age 55. He had been warned for years about the dangers of his Synthol use.
‘Brazilian Hulk’ bodybuilder who injected oil into muscles dead at 55

A Brazilian bodybuilder who injected himself with oil for bigger muscles died on his 55th birthday.

Valdir Segato had been using potentially fatal injections of Synthol for years, risking strokes and infections, to get huge biceps, pectorals and back muscles. ...

“... I’ve doubled my biceps but I still want to be bigger,” he said in 2016 ...

Six years ago, the São Paulo native was warned he would face amputation, or at least nerve damage and muscle disfigurement, as a result of the injections if he continued to use them.

His biceps blew up to 23 inches after he started injecting himself. He had come to be known as “the monster” on the streets and was proud of his title. ...

He posted images of his body transformation on social media and even called himself “Valdir Synthol” on Instagram.

While the bodybuilder had 1.7 million followers on TikTok, local media reported that he lived an isolated life with few friends or visitors.

Moisés da Conceição da Silva told Brazil’s Globo news that Segato rented a property built behind his family’s house, and on the day of his death, he was complaining about shortness of breath. ...

“It was around 6 a.m., more or less. He came crawling through the back house and came to the front. Then he knocked on my mother’s window, knocked, knocked, then she woke up and he said ‘Help me, help me because I’m dying,’” da Silva told the publication.

Segato was taken to a medical facility, but he fell at reception, appearing to have a heart attack.

The TikTok star used to be a scrawny teen, but after being offered Synthol in the gym, he became hooked on the substance. ...

Synthol usually consists of a mixture of oil, benzyl alcohol and lidocaine and can cause “a damage of nerves, oil embolic of the pulmonary, occlusion of the pulmonary artery, myocardial infarction, cerebral stroke and infectious complications,” according to Europe PubMed Central.

The results of the drug did not make Segato any stronger and were purely cosmetic. ...
FULL STORY (With Photos): https://nypost.com/2022/08/02/brazilian-hulk-bodybuilder-who-injected-oil-dead-at-55/

Portuguese extreme body-builder and Instagram influencer Marco Cesar Aguiar Luis, known as "Monstro", dies aged just 46.

monster.png

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...devastated-wife-pays-tribute-online-star.html

Back