• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

illuminatus

A

Anonymous

i have just started reading the illuminatus triology but am finding it hard going is it worth sticking with?? i bought all three books for 50p should that tell me something??

i think so yes..read em when they came out to so it may be case of rose tinted glasses!.. i ave been lookin for them to re-read. I did think at the time they sort of got lost after a while.... But u know ow u have a soft spot for tey first books that opened ur eyes a bit...for me it was Chariots Of The Gods (revelaled there was another way to see things.) and Illuminatus (perhapse everyone was lieing to me!)

not sure that cleared things up for me jon but ta anyway, chariots of the gods is that erich von daniken?? because he justs makes me laugh :D

elona said:
i have just started reading the illuminatus triology but am finding it hard going is it worth sticking with??

Yes it is, because, once you've read it, your view of what's going on through the books completely changes, and you have to go through and re-read it going "Oh, yeah..."

Hail Eris! All Hail Discordia!

id say yes read it (illuminatus) but it may be a bit dated now...and Yes Eric makes me laugh now too, but when ur 10 and when it came out and when ur ownly source of news is Blue Peter.....

oh no

i am even more depsressed now not only do i have to wade through it once, i then have to go and re read it so far the worse thing about it is that it keeps changing from first to third person. will i ever get used to this or should i go and watch blue peter??:eek:

a lot of that is to do with the way it was writen... sort of like a tennis match (acording to RAW in an interview at the time) One would write an outragious bit then pass it back saying 'now get out of that!'

Back